Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greenmachine

Jake's Philly Cheesesteak needs your help

Hey everyone! As some of you may know the Houston Eagles Nest meets at Jakes (Cheesesteaks). Our local newspaper is having a contest to see who has the best cheesesteaks. If you have never been to Jakes it is hands down better than the rest here in town. The bread is done right and it is the only place in town that offers WHIZ!! Unfortunately, since it is not a chain store or advertised as much, we are in 2nd place in the voting. I'm hoping other Eagle faithful can help support us. You can click on the link below and vote. It ends on Monday.The owner is from Philly and the place is decked out in Philly gear. Plus, he's an awesome guy playing the fight song over the loud speaker after we score and gives out hotwings and cheesticks at halftime on the house!

Thanks for your help!

Cheesteak contest

Hey everyone! As some of you may know the Houston Eagles Nest meets at Jakes (Cheesesteaks). Our local newspaper is having a contest to see who has the best cheesesteaks. If you have never been to Jakes it is hands down better than the rest here in town. The bread is done right and it is the only place in town that offers WHIZ!! Unfortunately, since it is not a chain store or advertised as much, we are in 2nd place in the voting. I'm hoping other Eagle faithful can help support us. You can click on the link below and vote. It ends on Monday.The owner is from Philly and the place is decked out in Philly gear. Plus, he's an awesome guy playing the fight song over the loud speaker after we score and gives out hotwings and cheesticks at halftime on the house!

Thanks for your help!

Cheesteak contest

Ill check it out next time im up there for an Astros game.

I see Texadelphia is leading the pole. We have those down here in San Antonio. They suck. Philly connection was ok. Looking forward to trying Jakes.

By the way, what in the heck is Cream Burger. That does not sound to good.

I cast my vote for you guys, but solely out of respect for the Houston Eagles Nest. I'll take your word for it.

Though I will add that I find it hilarious that somone in Texas has any word over what a good cheesesteak is.

Thanks for the support guys! The HEN will always welcome you with open wings.

But don't assume that all of us are born and bred in Texas. Far from it my friend. :D

But don't assume that all of us are born and bred in Texas. Far from it my friend. :D

Most of the people in our thread our from Philly or from around there. To be honest i think ive lived in San Antonio longer than the rest of them and hated every minute of it. Im originally from Chicago but have lived several places.

if you show up in the Dallas/Ft Worth area ever we have 2 places that have great cheesesteaks. Freds Philly, with 2 locations (Plano, Richardson) and Billadelphias in Bedford. Freds imports the Amoroso dough from Philly and Billadelphias has scrapple.

I was talking about anyone else, not about you guys in particular.

if you show up in the Dallas/Ft Worth area ever we have 2 places that have great cheesesteaks. Freds Philly, with 2 locations (Plano, Richardson) and Billadelphias in Bedford. Freds imports the Amoroso dough from Philly and Billadelphias has scrapple.

scrapple!!!??!!?! :-)

man I really moved to the wrong part of this hell hole

Does Jakes have the games on Sunday.

I am moving back to H-town from NY next month. I used to go to Texadelphia to watch the games, I stopped eating the cheesesteaks b/c they are awful...served with tortilla chips? WTF? and Marinara sauce? WTF?

anyway, the eagles fan base there was weak at best. I want to find where the birds fans go, so let me know if Jakes is where to be on sundays.

We need to represent as good as Dallas, in Dallas there is a bona fide Eagles bar where its a sea of green and they have rituals and they get thier own room. We need those kinds of numbers in Houston. Lets make it happen this year.

I am moving back to H-town from NY next month. I used to go to Texadelphia to watch the games, I stopped eating the cheesesteaks b/c they are awful...served with tortilla chips? WTF? and Marinara sauce? WTF?

anyway, the eagles fan base there was weak at best. I want to find where the birds fans go, so let me know if Jakes is where to be on sundays.

We need to represent as good as Dallas, in Dallas there is a bona fide Eagles bar where its a sea of green and they have rituals and they get thier own room. We need those kinds of numbers in Houston. Lets make it happen this year.

On Sunday's you will see nothing but Eagles fans at Jake's. We pull around 30 every week, somtimes many more. Kinda hard to find alot of non-Texan fans down here. Definately join us though.

Yes GO TO JAKE'S THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT TEXADELPHIA EXEPT THEIER CHICKEN SALAD SANWICH AND THEIR ICED TEA!!

visit our info page on my space at www.myspace.com/houstoneaglesnest. FYI we'll be in DALASS week 2.

I was at Jake's when I went to the Houston vs Eagles game, and also when the superbowl was played in Houston. Very good cheese steaks, a lot like South Philly. The only thing I didn't like is their was no beer sales on Sunday, or so we were told.

I was at Jake's when I went to the Houston vs Eagles game, and also when the superbowl was played in Houston. Very good cheese steaks, a lot like South Philly. The only thing I didn't like is their was no beer sales on Sunday, or so we were told.

You can buy all the beer you want after 12 noon.

:o

Hey Randall wer'nt you one of those WEAK Fan base members he was talking about?

:roll:

You can buy all the beer you want after 12 noon.

Down here in San Antonio as long as you have food in front of you, you can buy beer before noon. You should ask about it up there. From what i know it is a state law or a T.A.B.C law. One of the 2.

Yeah, come on over to Jake's for the games. We started off with around 70 people last year and then it started to trickle down as the season progressed. We think the number will be bigger this year. We have a pretty good group there and the cheesesteaks, beer, and staff are great. They really cater to us and we are thankful that Jake's is the official place for us.

:o

Hey Randall wer'nt you one of those WEAK Fan base members he was talking about?

:roll:

Yes, I was was of the 3 original people that started the Houston Eagles Nest. You can thank me later.

Yes, I was was of the 3 original people that started the Houston Eagles Nest. You can thank me later.

Ah, that dreadful day. :lol: Good ol Texadelphia. -_-

Ah, that dreadful day. :lol: Good ol Texadelphia. -_-

Texadelphia is bad. I ate there once but went back for more punishment sadly a second time. Wont happen a third though.

I don't know about the other places in Houston, but I had a cheese steak at Jake's yesterday and was not impressed. When anyone comes up this way, you will have to check out Fred's Downtown Philly or Billadelphias. Both offer up better fare than what I had yesterday...

Sorry to hear you were'nt impressed. Of course, we've had better back in Philly but Jake's is a great place to hang out for a game and the Cheesesteaks are fine IMO. I bet Dallas has some real good Cheesesteaks, but you'll never catch me in that POS city. I wouldn't have much of an appetite no offense. ;)

Sorry to hear you were'nt impressed. Of course, we've had better back in Philly but Jake's is a great place to hang out for a game and the Cheesesteaks are fine IMO. I bet Dallas has some real good Cheesesteaks, but you'll never catch me in that POS city. I wouldn't have much of an appetite no offense. ;)

Jake's does seem like a nice and cool place to hang out and watch the game, I just was not that impressed with the steak. Maybe it was a bad day...

Of course, they are better up in Philly!

Jake's does seem like a nice and cool place to hang out and watch the game, I just was not that impressed with the steak. Maybe it was a bad day...

Of course, they are better up in Philly!

I usually tell em not to add pepper to the sandwich.

Thier usually better than most places down here.

I wont deny that most places up in the NE are better than Jakes.