Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOTW

Nashville, TN

I live in CA and my wife and I are considering moving to Nashville in the summer when our lease is up. I was hoping to get some insight into what it's like in Nashville and how you like it there. My wife used to live there but I've never visited yet. From what I can tell it seems like a nice place to live. We love live music and southern food, I used to live in the south before too. And the housing seems affordable, as it's way too much out here in CA.

For those that live in or have visited the area, what's it like?

Thanks.

Nashville is a pretty nice area. I have family near there and I use to live in Knoxville. Cost of living is nice down South. There's alot to do in the City as far as sightseeing and music and if you're into fishing and outdoor sports, there's alot of that in Tennessee. It's also within driving distance of Memphis and Knoxville if you want to visit there too. As far as pro sports go, it's alot of fun to attend Titans game, but I don't know much about the Predators hockey team. There's also nothing like a UT game at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the tips.

We have officially decided to move. We are moving sometime in early May. We're sending resumes out to try and set up job interviews, and also looking up apartments and houses to rent. We'll have to stay in a hotel the first couple nights and hopefully have some appointments set up to view housing and make a decision, sign the lease and move in.

Anyone there Nashville, you'll be seeing us at the sports bars for Eagles games in the fall!!!

HeeHawpix.jpg

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

we here u a'movin down from thar big citeeee

we a'hopin' you like hour fixin'z and lard conway twitteeeeeee

yee haaaaaaaaaaaaa cuntreeeeeeee

yee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cuntreeeeee....

pay yon rent on time and we thank yeeeeeee

but dun't poo in yonder troth 'nor be no damn yankee ....

As much as I bash Nashville and their music scene, it is a nice place to live. I wish you the best and I hope to see you out at one of the shows up there. Austin is better but Nashville is a cool place. Enjoy!

I live a about an hour and half south of Nashville in Chattanooga and we venture up there once in a while when we can. Nashville has great food, and definitely a lot of places that entertain, a couple of golf courses that my bosses keep telling me about, and at least once in a while the Titans play the Eagles! If nothing else gas is at least a little cheaper than in CA.

Been there several times on business and like the area a lot. Also, no state income tax in TN!

Sweet! CA has one of the highest (probably the highest) state tax at 7.75%. Gas is already over $4/gallon and I see that in TN it's around $3.50. Cost of living, and everything basically, will be cheaper.

We move in 2 weeks, getting excited.

Sweet! CA has one of the highest (probably the highest) state tax at 7.75%. Gas is already over $4/gallon and I see that in TN it's around $3.50. Cost of living, and everything basically, will be cheaper.

We move in 2 weeks, getting excited.

Let me know how you like it. I'd LOVE to be able to move back down South. It seems like sales tax in TN is 9%, but gas is about $3.50 in Knoxville. I definitely advise you to try to go to Knoxville for the UT/Florida game or the UT/Alabama game. There's nothing like it in college football

I'm here. Eagles games on TV is right around the corner. Nashville area Eagles fan get togethers this season???

I'm here. Eagles games on TV is right around the corner. Nashville area Eagles fan get togethers this season???

I just moved back to Knoxville, but I lived in Nashville for two years and enjoyed it. However, I should be at Bailey's in Hickory Hollow for the opener against the Rams though. When I lived in Nashville, a group of 4-7 Eagles fans would go there for games.

Hey TN Eagles fan. That's cool, I live right down the street from Hickory Hollow Mall. I never even heard of Bailey's I guess it's near the movie theater in that area. I will plan on being there with my wife for games that are not on national TV. It'd be great to see other Eagles fans there!

Here's the exact address for anyone interested in going to the games.

Bailey's Bar And Grill

615-731-4999

5316 Mount View Rd,

Antioch, TN 37013

See you there!

Are there any places that make good cheesteaks? I have been to places in FL, NC and CA that import the ingredients and Amoroso rolls from Philly and the owners are from Philly and make 'em right.

I did a search and found this place, maybe I'll check it out.

Steak Escape

1800 Galleria Blvd

Franklin, TN 37067

Phone: (615) 771-7647

The citysearch review says: "Established in 1982, this South Philly cheesesteak-inspired, fast-food franchise has become a staple at hundreds of malls and shopping centers across North America. The menu largely revolves around seven- and 12-inch hoagies filled with veggies, meatballs, Italian sausages, Cajun chicken or ham and cheese and grilled fresh-to-order. Additional items include hand-cut fries and smashed potatoes loaded with cheddar, bacon, ranch and chili options. Fresh-squeezed lemonade, salads and Italian ice complete meals."

This is a chain? I never heard of it.

Hey TN Eagles fan. That's cool, I live right down the street from Hickory Hollow Mall. I never even heard of Bailey's I guess it's near the movie theater in that area. I will plan on being there with my wife for games that are not on national TV. It'd be great to see other Eagles fans there!

Here's the exact address for anyone interested in going to the games.

Bailey's Bar And Grill

615-731-4999

5316 Mount View Rd,

Antioch, TN 37013

See you there!

I know a couple of you will be there. My wife and I will be there this Sunday. Save us some seats if you're there early!

Update: Went to Bailey's the first week for the Rams game. Food was just ok, the wings are really good. They give you a program that shows a map of the place with what TVs are showing what games. They do not change games, but there are multiple TVs for most games. I found a bigger TV in the back with the Eagles game.

I only saw one other Eagles fan there, not sure if he was a poster from the EMB or not. He was with his buddies so my wife and I sat in the room with the bigger screen.

A few of us decided to try Jonny's Sports Bar this week, only a couple minutes down the road from Bailey's. Their ads say they have the best food of any sports bar so we'll see if that's true. Kickoff is 3:15, I'm going to get there early to see what the TV situation is and get the best table I can for the Eagles game. I don't know if there are a lot of Steelers fans around here, but they are everywhere so I expect a decent crowd.

Jonny's Sports Bar

5805 Nolensville Pike/Road

Nashville, TN

I'll be rockin my green #53 Hugh Douglas and Christian with his green Kearse, and my wife will be with me as well. There might be a couple others joining. Come out and let's get the Eagles nation going in Nashville!

Eagle_smiley.jpg

A few of us decided to try Jonny's Sports Bar this week, only a couple minutes down the road from Bailey's. Their ads say they have the best food of any sports bar so we'll see if that's true. Kickoff is 3:15, I'm going to get there early to see what the TV situation is and get the best table I can for the Eagles game. I don't know if there are a lot of Steelers fans around here, but they are everywhere so I expect a decent crowd.

Jonny's Sports Bar

5805 Nolensville Pike/Road

Nashville, TN

I'll be rockin my green #53 Hugh Douglas and Christian with his green Kearse, and my wife will be with me as well. There might be a couple others joining. Come out and let's get the Eagles nation going in Nashville!

Eagle_smiley.jpg

So ... how was it? B-)

So ... how was it? B-)

Hey, someone else posting in this thread. :) Jonny's was good. They have all widescreen plasma TVs and are really nice. The food is good, the layout and setup is good.

I walked in and greeted a guy in a Dawkins jersey and he kinda blew me off. <_< Hope it's not one of you that post in here. Usually I greet other Eagles fans and ask them to sit with me. Christian1983 (I think that's his screenname here) and his girlfriend met us and we sat in a side room and had a great view of a 50+" plasma TV. They don't have HDTV apparantly because the image was not as clear, but still good.

There are very few Eagles fans, or they have NFL ticket or go to other places maybe. Because of the two places I've been to, there have only been 1 or 2 other fans, and at both places, the dudes were not welcoming to a fellow Eagles fan. What's up with that?

I'll be at Jonny's again this week...

Hey, someone else posting in this thread. :) Jonny's was good. They have all widescreen plasma TVs and are really nice. The food is good, the layout and setup is good.

I walked in and greeted a guy in a Dawkins jersey and he kinda blew me off. <_< Hope it's not one of you that post in here. Usually I greet other Eagles fans and ask them to sit with me. Christian1983 (I think that's his screenname here) and his girlfriend met us and we sat in a side room and had a great view of a 50+" plasma TV. They don't have HDTV apparantly because the image was not as clear, but still good.

There are very few Eagles fans, or they have NFL ticket or go to other places maybe. Because of the two places I've been to, there have only been 1 or 2 other fans, and at both places, the dudes were not welcoming to a fellow Eagles fan. What's up with that?

I'll be at Jonny's again this week...

Cool ... now I have some idea where to go when I get there! :groovy:

Cool ... now I have some idea where to go when I get there! :groovy:

You're gonna love Nashville.

You're gonna love Nashville.

I don't live that far away from Nashville; Far corner in western , NC.

I don't live that far away from Nashville; Far corner in western , NC.

Isn't that still like 3 or 4 hours away?

Isn't that still like 3 or 4 hours away?

I'm thinking 2 1/2 hours, but I know someone who has made the drive so I will find out.

My boyfriend and I and his brother watched every game at Cragnackers in Hermitage. They have a huge TV in a back room, and the place is usually dead, other than a few Titans fans, who never bother us at all. The bartender will come to you and check up on you frequently and the food is good. If there are any of you in Hermitage, we would love to see you there when the new season starts