Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GorillaSam

D Vermeil is ON THE MONEY!

Your "CARD" game does not charge 10 million bucks and up for 10 second commercials.. or whatever the figure is. And you don't sell Luxury boxes and get Tax breaks and Public funding for the ARENA in which to hold your CARD game... CHAMP.

In other words... NFL Franchises and their leaders are held to a higher standard than the nickel and dime poker game... because THAT'S the way it works.

Just like you can go into a court and say YOUR HONOR YOUR HONOR I swear I didn't Enter that Car .. or I swear I never parked there.. and your penalty for Fibbing would be just a BIT less severe than an Attorney admitted to the Bar going into court and committing tax fraud and lying about it.

Starting to warm up to the concept yet?

No not at all. It is a waste of government resources and funds. The Patriots did a terrible thing, they were punished it for it with the most severe punishment ever laid out, and everyone should move on.

People are pissed because they think that the Eagles got robbed of a title. Whether they did or did not, it does not change the fact that they DID NOT WIN the Super Bowl.

YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP .

Do you REALIZE that in 1973 we forced a SITTING PRESIDENT ... the Most powerful man in the WORLD... to resign his post for THE SAME EXACT OFFENSE?

Get with the PROGRAM People.

No not at all. It is a waste of government resources and funds. The Patriots did a terrible thing, they were punished it for it with the most severe punishment ever laid out, and everyone should move on.

People are pissed because they think that the Eagles got robbed of a title. Whether they did or did not, it does not change the fact that they DID NOT WIN the Super Bowl.

I've GOT news for you... D Vermeil is not an Attorney.. D Vermeil is not a POLICE Officer... D Vermeil is neither a Federal Judge or an Assistant D.A... or a Fire Chief or a Doctor etc.... or a Dock worker for that matter.

He's a heck of a football coach and if he thinks illegal wiretapping is an "INTEGRITY" issue .. I'm sorry but he's not comprehending WHOSE MONEY SUPPORTS THE NFL.

What kinds of meds are you on?

Buddy I'll try to do this as SLOWLY as I know how... Keep watching the Newspapers for continued headlines.

Now is it "possible" that Roger Goodell could satisfy Arlen Specter's concerns with a meeting? Sure...

Is it possible there is a more congenial resolution to this problem? Sure... But don't think this is not a serious issue... Keep watching the Inquirer my friend.

AT SOME POINT Eric Mangini will be made to testify UNDER Oath .. i said this months ago.. and the penalties are inconsequential at this point.. what might or might not happen.

What IS IMPORTANT is the search for what really happened.. perhaps they are innocent.. I do not know.

No you don't "GET" it... If the Patriots Actually did what Roger Goodell thinks they might have done... It wasnt' within his Jurisdiction to be JUDGE JURY and EXECUTIONER.

that's the part nobody seems to comprehend.. it's really really funny stuff.

And as for the "Waste of Government Resources " argument... Some people may say this... especially NON FOOTBALL fans...

Spending BILLIONS of dollars to support a League who does not require that it's Member teams obey the Laws of the United States and not only sanctions but is Dismissive of acts DIRECTLY FORBIDDEN by the Constitution.

IS ONE heck of a waste of resources.

Sorry the NFL doesn't skirt this THAT Easily.

dawson-crying.jpg

You're an absolute Idiot who I'm sure if we played in the Past I plowed over more than once ... but it's a funny picture.

You're not comprehending the PURPOSE of all of this.. It's not I'm a sore loser blah blah blah.

Who cares where it leads? If they cheated... just like anywhere else it will come out and there will be consequences. I hope to god you're not breeding rofl.

If Goodell talks to Matt Walsh, and he produces tapes from to 2001 season, you can expect the Patriots to have a different head coach next season...

If Goodell talks to Matt Walsh, and he produces tapes from to 2001 season, you can expect the Patriots to have a different head coach next season...

At the VERY minimum .. yes sirree boss.

There is Actual PRECEDENT for the Expulsion and or Suspension of ENTIRE Franchises in the NFL... I don't think people are really getting their heads around all of this <g>

You're an absolute Idiot who I'm sure if we played in the Past I plowed over more than once

Not a chance. Trust me.

And who says they "plowed" another guy?

At the VERY minimum .. yes sirree boss.

There is Actual PRECEDENT for the Expulsion and or Suspension of ENTIRE Franchises in the NFL... I don't think people are really getting their heads around all of this <g>

I don't think it would go so far as suspending or expelling the franchise, but the coach... I could see some sort of ban being passed down...

Not a chance. Trust me.

And who says they "plowed" another guy?

Hey just saying... stop with the personal attacks because you don't like the subject matter being discussed.

Do I think it will be a HUGE Deal? Let's see what kind of tapes pop up.. If it's he said , she said.. it'll die down... If Mangini testifies... wow that's a tough one to guess then.

Hey just saying... stop with the personal attacks because you don't like the subject matter being discussed.

Do I think it will be a HUGE Deal? Let's see what kind of tapes pop up.. If it's he said , she said.. it'll die down... If Mangini testifies... wow that's a tough one to guess then.

I'm not trying to attack you. I'm seriously wondering if you can possibly be for real...either a clone of some sort fishing in all these threads or a guy who really doesn't get it.

I bet the Colts and Dungy didn't do it. So it's fair to take Super Bowl titles away from them? That's stupid. This is a big deal and people who are saying it isn't just want to see the problem go away. Knowing just one play can alter a game and every Super Bowl the Pats have played in has been decided by 3 points. If you think knowing red zone plays is not that big of a deal then you are an idiot.

If it is true about recording the walkthrough during red zone plays then the Pats stole a Super Bowl from the Rams. That offense was explosive but for some reason they couldn't get any thing going in the red zone. Do you think that is just coincidance?

So you're saying Vermeil doesn't know what it's like in the NFL...you do?

:roll:

I think you should sit Vermeil down and explain to him what a travesty this was, since he clearly doesn't understand what a serious issue this is after coaching pro Football over the course of 4 decades.

Maybe if Vermiel was the victim he would feel a little differently. It's easy to say it's not that big of a deal when it doesn't personally effect you.

Maybe if Vermiel was the victim he would feel a little differently. It's easy to say it's not that big of a deal when it doesn't personally effect you.

It affected his team and his hand picked successor, so it's not like he's just some outside observer with no ties to the issue.

It affected his team and his hand picked successor, so it's not like he's just some outside observer with no ties to the issue.

Basically what I'm saying is if he had never won a ring maybe it would bother him a little if he had been the head coach. People change their tunes pretty quickly based on the circumstances. I'm sure Dungy doesn't want to hear that "everyone does it". The Patriots dynasty could have been the Colts dynasty. If this cheating went on then it is a big deal.

No you don't "GET" it... If the Patriots Actually did what Roger Goodell thinks they might have done... It wasnt' within his Jurisdiction to be JUDGE JURY and EXECUTIONER.

that's the part nobody seems to comprehend.. it's really really funny stuff.

Than why destroy the evidence?

Basically what I'm saying is if he had never won a ring maybe it would bother him a little if he had been the head coach. People change their tunes pretty quickly based on the circumstances. I'm sure Dungy doesn't want to hear that "everyone does it". The Patriots dynasty could have been the Colts dynasty. If this cheating went on then it is a big deal.

Well, the Colts had a number of excuses (most recently they complained enough to get the NFL rules changes on pass interference) even before Dungy was there.

The problem with the Colts was the Patriots completely shut down Manning over those years and it would be impossible for the Pats defense to steal the Colts offensive play calls (they come in through the headset).

Dungy has a mixed record against EVERYONE in the playoffs, to boot.

Well, the Colts had a number of excuses (most recently they complained enough to get the NFL rules changes on pass interference) even before Dungy was there.

The problem with the Colts was the Patriots completely shut down Manning over those years and it would be impossible for the Pats defense to steal the Colts offensive play calls (they come in through the headset).

Dungy has a mixed record against EVERYONE in the playoffs, to boot.

That's good in theory but a defense can easily stop an offense if they know what is coming. That's all I'm saying. I mean if it's true about taping the Rams walkthrough while they ran new never before seen plays they were going to call in the red zone during the Super Bowl how is that not a big deal? I sure as hell know that everyone doesn't do that.

I think Rams fans have a right to feel cheated. If more comes out then there are a whole lot of teams that should feel cheated.