Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GorillaSam

D Vermeil is ON THE MONEY!

The more this has played out, the more my original belief in this whole deal has just gotten stronger. Especially with Walsh comfirming he doesn't have a tape of the walkthrough, and was never asked to tape it. He also confirmed what Belichick said in the beginning which was the tapes were not used in the same game. This blows a major hole in the idea that we were cheated out of our SB.

i just think the whole thing was blown way out of proportion

Cheating ruins the game, the Pats cheated.

Brady has zero rings without cheating and the Giants exposed them.

how did the Giants expose them???

I don't care how the Super Bowl ended, last year's Patriots were far and away the best team I have ever seen...without the use of videotaping techniques

What I do want is Belichick to just man up and admit it instead of going Mark McGwire on us.

I don't care how the Super Bowl ended, last year's Patriots were far and away the best team I have ever seen...without the use of videotaping techniques

What I do want is Belichick to just man up and admit it instead of going Mark McGwire on us.

I disagree. How come the Pats didnt win the super bowl then if they were the best team. The Giants were the best team last year as much as I dont like to admit it. I have always been a believer of the team that wins the super bowl any year is the best team. Excuses are for losers that say their team was the better team but that was the team that lost in the super bowl kinda like the 98 vikings or the 2001 rams.

Cheating ruins the game, the Pats cheated.

Brady has zero rings without cheating and the Giants exposed them.

Belichick just didnt know the rules. They still have 3 rings and I think they earned their super bowls even if they didnt know the videotaping rules.

They exposed them by beating the dog out of them because they had no tapes to prepare.

Zero rings without tapes.

Belichick just didnt know the rules. They still have 3 rings and I think they earned their super bowls even if they didnt know the videotaping rules.

Why was Walsh taping secretly if they werent cheating? Why did they lose a draft pick if they didnt cheat?

Why was Walsh taping secretly if they werent cheating? Why did they lose a draft pick if they didnt cheat?

I dont even think belichick knew that. That Walsh guy is an idiot and this whole thing was bogus. I am sick of hearing about it.

this, however, is where I draw the line...there's no way Belichick is telling the truth about that...that's just absurd

They exposed them by beating the dog out of them because they had no tapes to prepare.

wow...it's like the Patriots had tapes on the many times they'd played the Rams during the 2001 season...or the countless games against the Panthers in 2003 or the millions of times we played the Pats before the 2004 season

this whole tapes thing pretty much is isolated to AFC East opponents and often played AFC teams like the Steelers and Chargers.

seriously, every Super Bowl they won they beat whatever NFC team they were facing flat out

seriously, every Super Bowl they won they beat whatever NFC team they were facing flat out

That could very well be true. But the point is, if they really were 75% effective at reading the defensive signals (like a Pats offensive player told Matt Walsh), one has to wonder if the taping was good for a couple of regular season wins (which at least would've affected playoff seeding), or playoff wins. People were talking about Brady as though he was this generation's Joe Montana, when maybe all along somebody else should've won, and they should've been talking about Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger.

I disagree. How come the Pats didnt win the super bowl then if they were the best team. The Giants were the best team last year as much as I dont like to admit it. I have always been a believer of the team that wins the super bowl any year is the best team. Excuses are for losers that say their team was the better team but that was the team that lost in the super bowl kinda like the 98 vikings or the 2001 rams.

I disagree completely. The best team doesn't always win. If they did, then one team would go unbeaten every year. Upsets happen. The Giants were not a better team than the Pats, but they played the better game when it mattered most.

They beat them for one of the same reasons the Pats beat us. Their O-Line picked the Super Bowl to play their worst game of the season.

They lost a draft pick because they cheated.

no denying they cheated

it just isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be.

They lost a 1st round pick, and that is a pretty harsh penalty, but also IMO a fair penalty

now ppl just need to move on

it's more like convicting a guy of murder who stole a pack a juicy fruit from the convenient store.

it may be wrong, but tons of people do it and it really isn't that big a deal

Really? Because they were punished as if they stole a pack of gum from a convenience store. Very little was done to them and, quite frankly, if it didn't help, why would they keep doing it........especially against a former coach of a clearly inferior team, in just the first week of the season and just ONE WEEK after they got a memo reminding them not to do it and telling them the league would be looking for it? Either they thought it was pretty important and gave them a pretty good edge, or they were just trying to send a message to the league that they were the New England Patriots and they would do whatever they wanted and the league could take their rules and shove 'em up their *** 'cause they don't apply to Bill Bellichick. Otherwise they wouldn't have kept doing it, ESPECIALLY in that type of a situation. Either way, that presents a much bigger threat to the game than som bogus congressional investigation that'll never happen anyway. And no matter which one of those 2 things was their motivation, it warranted more than a slap on the wrist.

So I shed no tears for the Pats or Bill Bellichick. The fans and media are simply imposing the punishment the NFL declined to dole out by making sure this will dog Bellichick's reputation and that of his team for a long time to come.

:thumbsup:

The thing is, if its against the rules, its against the rules. This stuff saying everybody does it just doesn't fly. I'm sure a lot of teams have done it and still do.

But if one team in the entire NFL doesn't do it, its wrong.

The league needs to look at this and clearly establish whats against the rules and whats not instead of trying to justify it with lame excuses.

You can sit here all day and ramble on how everybody does this, and I have no doubt its been done by other teams and probably still is. But the Patriots were the ones caught, and you have to decide either its against the rules or it isn't.