Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nyyeagle

Dewayne Robertson?

This isn't a "I want to get thread", more a what you all think of this guy? I hear he is on the trading block and he seems like perfect fit in the Eagles scheme. He isn't a clog the middle type but more a one-gap penetrator who is quick and can rush the passer. He does have a big contract. He would give our tackles some depth and could give Mike P and Bunkley some snaps off. Would you guys be interested in him?

This isn't a "I want to get thread", more a what you all think of this guy? I hear he is on the trading block and he seems like perfect fit in the Eagles scheme. He isn't a clog the middle type but more a one-gap penetrator who is quick and can rush the passer. He does have a big contract. He would give our tackles some depth and could give Mike P and Bunkley some snaps off. Would you guys be interested in him?

No. Care to check out his cap number for this year? It's the reason why he is on the block. Some ridiculous amount for an average DT who has been a bust if you ask me. Number four overall pick or something and he hasn't made any noise in this league.

No. Care to check out his cap number for this year? It's the reason why he is on the block. Some ridiculous amount for an average DT who has been a bust if you ask me. Number four overall pick or something and he hasn't made any noise in this league.

I didn't see what his cap number was... I figured he was on the block for two reasons.

1. He is a solid DT but not worth his salary.

2. He doesn't fit a 3-4 defense

Has he lived up to the hype of the #4 pick in the draft. NO. But he is a solid DT and I think he fits the Eagles scheme much better. You can argue the switch to the 3-4 defense has hurt his development. What if the Eagles trade for him and then negotiate a restructure?

Ya know? Being labeled "Baby Sapp" coming out of college, then being used as a NT isn't really a recipe for success. A change could do nothing but good for this kid. Not sayin here, just sayin.

I like him a lot and IMO, he'd be a good fit backing up Bunkley as a 4-3 NT.

The problem is he's too big right now and needs to trim down a bit.....the Jets were asking him to play NT in the 3-4 and wanted him to get bigger but he lost his agility which was his strength. I think if he can trim down to around 305-310 pounds he'll be fine.

As for the Jets, they have 2 reasons to trade him:

1. He's due a big roster bonus this year and his performance in their scheme isnt worth the money.

2. He's out of position as a 3-4 NT so they can trade him and stick in a kid like Pouha and get something for Robertson.

As for us, the only way we bring in Robertson is if we sign him to a new deal....i dont see us paying him big $$$$ to be a backup. If he's willing to re-structure than maybe we'll look into it. Otherwise, I think a team like Denver, Tennessee, or possibly Tampa Bay look into bringing him in as a starter.

I think your right. Some team will most likely trade for him and offer him a bigger salary and a bigger role on the team. Too bad because he would be a great fit here as a number 3 defensive tackle.

Actually to be fair he's been playing much better the past couple years. I think originally he didn't fit the scheme at all. As a NT he's been doing better. Last year he had 57 tackles and 4 sacks. He doesn't really have much help around him and being a NT he's in one of the worst positons to make plays (constantly doubled and has to go directly through the middle to get pressure).

Really, the team is badly missing a couple rush OLBs. Their two OLBs combined had 5 sacks. In a 3-4 that's pretty much as bad as it gets. My thinking is their #1 pick will be an OLB and they will get someone like Rosevelt Colvin (to spur the Pats), Calvin Pace, or Clark Haggans. They just need a lot of help in the front 7 before they can blame 'Baby Sapp'.

Robertson was supposed to be traded to the Bengals for a 4th and 5th round pick this draft. This was all pending that the Bengals could restructure his deal because he is owed something like 19 million over the next two years... and a "larry fitz like" 11 million against the cap this year. Long story short... they couldn't come to terms and now Robertson is back on the Jets. As you all may know the Jets have spent a TON of money this year in free agency and are almost SURELY not going to keep Robertson on the roster. I am sure the Jets will want to trade him to another team but if they can't... he could be shockingly cut. If he is cut he is free to sign with anyone in the NFL... I think he would be an awesome fit for us... depending on how much he costs...

i told you the eagles would be interested!

Looks like you were right! :groovy:

yea he isn't signed... but you don't bring guys to the Nova care complex unless something is in the works.

The article posted in TATE said he was in recently. Is that recent weeks, or days? Seems a little vague. This info popped out of nowhere, so I'm curious.

Look at our cap. Whatever isn't spent this year is dead money. Next year will likely be capless. It's worth it.

Look at our cap. Whatever isn't spent this year is dead money. Next year will likely be capless. It's worth it.

The article posted in TATE said he was in recently. Is that recent weeks, or days? Seems a little vague. This info popped out of nowhere, so I'm curious.

that is a good point...WHEN did he visit the nova care complex?

that is a good point...WHEN did he visit the nova care complex?

I heard it on the NFL radio update between 2 and 3pm Pacific time today. It said that he was in today for a physical.

Competition for the Young Guys so they dont get Complacent.... i like it :D Who's to say this guy cant beat out Patterson? Especially after Patterson's off the field drama this year.

it would be a good depth addition, not to mention not having to throw DT in the mix in earlier rounds of the draft.