Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Butch007

Simeon Rice?

Even if he was still healthy enough to play, Didn't Rice and coach Reid have some kind of problem at the Pro Bowl A few years ago? I can't remember the details,but i'm pretty sure that they don't like each other.

at this point, a contract would not cost all that much for him. After the draft, it could be even less. I think it's worth a look, but only if he is healthy.

Don't forget, he also hates Andy Reid, and Reid clearly doesn't like him.

Andy kicked him off the Pro Bowl team once. You have to be pretty out of control to be kicked off the Pro Bowl team, so you figure Andy wouldn't want the guy on his actual team.

And Rice has made a bunch of comments since then about how he dislikes Reid and how he's resentful of that decision.

If he can play wide reciever, we should sign him. I bet he would have good chemistry with McNabb since they went to high school together.

(Thats right, a modified "Sign Kevin Johnson" joke rolled in with a "Lets sign every WR out there" joke.)

The same thing happened to Rice that happened to Hugh Douglas when he went to Jacksonville. The team that paid him figured out he's done. The only difference is that Hugh realized that he was done where Rice still thinks he has something left. The problem is that Rice could be motivated by his wallet and not his skill level.