Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

papajohn3289

Samie Parker signs with Denver; Jackson expected to on Tues.

Broncos agreed to terms with WR Samie Parker, formerly of the Chiefs.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Darrell Jackson is expected to join the Broncos on Tuesday. Parker, 27, seemed to regress in Kansas City and lost his starting job in 2007. Behind Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, and Keary Colbert, he'll have a hard time carving out a role as anything more than a fourth receiver. Jackson will be a better bet for a roster spot.

Per Rotoworld.

Another WR off the market. I don't think Philadelphia had any interest in him to begin with, and with good reason if he'll be battling Samie Parker for a roster spot in Denver.

At this point, we're better off either drafting a guy, or just sitting tight, unless we can somehow still pull off a trade. No one on the market was a huge upgrade this year, not counting Moss of course.

Really there isn't anything in the market. I watched Jackson in Seattle a lot and he's a good route runner with a bad knee and a case of the dropsies. I really wanted him here when he signed with the 49ers, but that turned out the way it did.

I've started to ignore any WR from Seattle's numbers. That system is all timing and solid playcalling. Really there isn't much for a WR to do but pay attention in practice.

At this point, we're better off either drafting a guy, or just sitting tight, unless we can somehow still pull off a trade. No one on the market was a huge upgrade this year, not counting Moss of course.

If Curtis or Reggie got hurt would you rather have Avant/Baskett/Lewis fill that void or a proven vetern (especially in the WCO) like Darrell Jackson?

While there weren't many major upgrades over our top 2 recievers there are other ways to upgrade this offense by adding proven recievers as depth. I'd take Jackson over a unproven rookie who will barely see the field in 08 and even though I have never met Donovan McNabb I can almost guarantee he would feel the same. Jackson will probably now start alongside Marshall if the Broncos do sign him. SF was just a awful place for him to land with no QB to get him the ball.

Per Rotoworld.

Another WR off the market. I don't think Philadelphia had any interest in him to begin with, and with good reason if he'll be battling Samie Parker for a roster spot in Denver.

Broncos are in a downword spiral, and Shanahan will be fired if they have a losing season.

Darrell jackson would be the perfect fit in our offense... our system is we spread the ball around to diff players.... jackson is a very solid wr.... and thats exactly what we need....we need diff wr's to throw to so the Defense cant target on who we will go to.. if we have atleast 3 solid wr's than thats as good as having a Great #1... like we had with TO...

Curtis-Brown-Jackson-Avant-Baskett

sounds good to me... but it wont happen

Darrell jackson would be the perfect fit in our offense... our system is we spread the ball around to diff players.... jackson is a very solid wr.... and thats exactly what we need....we need diff wr's to throw to so the Defense cant target on who we will go to.. if we have atleast 3 solid wr's than thats as good as having a Great #1... like we had with TO...

Curtis-Brown-Jackson-Avant-Baskett

sounds good to me... but it wont happen

You may be on to something

If Curtis or Reggie got hurt would you rather have Avant/Baskett/Lewis fill that void or a proven vetern (especially in the WCO) like Darrell Jackson?

While there weren't many major upgrades over our top 2 recievers there are other ways to upgrade this offense by adding proven recievers as depth. I'd take Jackson over a unproven rookie who will barely see the field in 08 and even though I have never met Donovan McNabb I can almost guarantee he would feel the same. Jackson will probably now start alongside Marshall if the Broncos do sign him. SF was just a awful place for him to land with no QB to get him the ball.

Much MUCH rather have Baskett or Avant fill that void then Jackson.

Much MUCH rather have Baskett or Avant fill that void then Jackson.

So you would rather have

Baskett/Avant: 68 catches, 941 yards, 6 td in combined 55 games, neither have ever been starters and are at best 3rd/4th recievers

than

Jackson: 487 catches, 6942 yards, 50 td in 111 games, a starter since his rookie season and three time 1000+ yard WR

Last season in Seattle (06): 13 games, 63 catches, 956, 10 td (better numbers than any Eagles WR put up that year). Forget the mess at QB in SF. With a good QB, he's a good WR.

Yes because having a better QB automatically heals his knees, right? ^_^

He missed one full game the entire season (week 8) so the knee must not been that big of a problem.