Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rich36

hints to the NYG schedule

Piecing toegether the schedule

Posted by Mike Garafolo April 15, 2008 11:34AM

Categories: Scheduling

The schedule officially comes out at 2 p.m. today, but through the magic of various anonymous scources, I can give you bits and pieces as we get closer.

Your first couple of pieces are already in:

*The first three games are home against the 'Skins, on the road against the Rams and home against the Bengals. I don't have starting times other than the Thurs, Sept. 4 opener against Washington which will kick off at 7 p.m.

*The bye week is Week 4 (Sept. 28). This won't please Tom Coughlin, who was ecstatic about a Week 9 bye last year. But that was only because the league gave the Giants the week off after the game against the Dolphins in London.

*The home game against the Seahawks will be early in the season -- perhaps Week 5 after the bye. That would mean the Giants will play three of their first four games at home. Sounds like they'll have a chunk of their December sked on the road.

*The season finale is at Minnesota.

*I'm told there are three night games scheduled for the road -- one of which is a Monday nighter at Cleveland. There's another night game at Philly. Obviously, the key will be whether or not the other two night games are Sunday or Monday night. After all, Sunday night games late in the year can be flexed and are therefore not guaranteed to be played under the lights.

Wish I had more for you now but didn't want to leave you hanging on what I did have.

So my editor was looking at last year's archives and saw I filed this on our schedule breakdown:

Toughest stretch -- December, with games at Chicago and Philly, home against the 'Skins, back on the road to face Buffalo and home against New England.

Trap game -- Minnesota

Easiest stretch -- Atlanta, San Fran and Miami

To which I told him, "Thanks for the pat on the back, but I misidentified what was truly the easiest stretch: The playoffs!"

MG

Its going to suck for you when your pre-season starts 0-1 :lol:

pre-season doesn't matter Skins fan...except for Dallas

0-4 preseason

0-16 reg season

wouldn't that look nice in the record books? Cowboys shut out for the YEAR!

B-)

Change the title rich, the schedule is out:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3348071

I'm friggin pissed. Sunday night games in Philly and Dallas. I wanted to go to one or both of those stadiums this season. This makes it soooo much harder. I'm also planning on heading to Arizona for the cards game. I'm dying to check out that stadium.

Anyone else planning any road trips?

Giants get the short end of the bye schedule:

Giants week 4

Eagles week 7

Skins and Boys week 10

this schedule is very condusive to a fast start but it gets harder in the 2nd half...this team should be able to go 10-6 with their eyes closed though, so I am not concerned at all...

this schedule is very condusive to a fast start but it gets harder in the 2nd half...this team should be able to go 10-6 with their eyes closed though, so I am not concerned at all...

Yea, in this division I'd be very happy with 11-5.

Giants 2008 schedule:

Sept. 4 (Thurs.) Washington Redskins 7 p.m.

Sept. 14 at St. Louis Rams 1 p.m.

Sept. 21 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.

Sept. 28 Bye

Oct. 5 Seattle Seahawks 1 p.m.

Oct. 13 at Cleveland Browns (Mon.) 8:30 p.m.

Oct. 19 San Francisco 49ers 1 p.m.

Oct. 26 at Pittsburgh Steelers 4:15 p.m.

Nov. 2 Dallas Cowboys 4:15 p.m.

Nov. 9 at Philadelphia Eagles 8:15 p.m.

Nov. 16 Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m.

Nov. 23 at Arizona Cardinals 4:15 p.m.

Nov. 30 at Washington Redskins 1 p.m.

Dec. 7 Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m.

Dec. 14 at Dallas Cowboys* 8:15 p.m.

Dec. 21 Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.

Dec. 28 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m.

The Skins had a week 4 bye last year, they suck. And we have to go to Qwest Field again..i cant even remember the last time the Seahawks had to come to FedEx

The Skins had a week 4 bye last year, they suck. And we have to go to Qwest Field again..i cant even remember the last time the Seahawks had to come to FedEx

2005. ;)

NYG have a tough schedule:

After the BYE:

Seattle

@Browns

49ers

@Steelers

Dallas

@Eagles

Would anyone be shocked if they won just maybe two of those six?

Final five:

@Redskins

Eagles

@Cowboys

Panthers

@Vikings

This is a team that ALWAYS slips up at the end of the regular season. They even did last year by finishing 4-4. This was after all only a 10 win team last year.

A strong start for NYG is a must. NYG will finish 9-7.

NYG have a tough schedule:

After the BYE:

Seattle

@Browns

49ers

@Steelers

Dallas

@Eagles

Would anyone be shocked if they won just maybe two of those six?

Final five:

@Redskins

Eagles

@Cowboys

Panthers

@Vikings

This is a team that ALWAYS slips up at the end of the regular season. They even did last year by finishing 4-4. This was after all only a 10 win team last year.

A strong start for NYG is a must. NYG will finish 9-7.

Seattle is a win

Browns toss up MAYBE

SF is a win

The Steelers are going to be bad this year. Seriously...this is a W

Dallas and at Philly won't be a walk in the park, but I'm more confident winning in Philly than beating Dallas at home...

Final 5--the Giants should go 3-2 at worst...Assuming Eli continues to play at a high level all season--which I know must still be proven, this NYG team will definitely be back in the playoffs with a 10-6 record at worst...

Seattle is a win

Browns toss up MAYBE

SF is a win

The Steelers are going to be bad this year. Seriously...this is a W

Dallas and at Philly won't be a walk in the park, but I'm more confident winning in Philly than beating Dallas at home...

Final 5--the Giants should go 3-2 at worst...Assuming Eli continues to play at a high level all season--which I know must still be proven, this NYG team will definitely be back in the playoffs with a 10-6 record at worst...

The Steelers are going to be bad this year? Based on what?

The Steelers are going to be bad this year? Based on what?

they have no one on the o-line and their d isn't very good either...they lucked out last year in a weak division and were exposed in the playoffs...teams with big physical lines and a good rushing attack will feast on them all season like Jacksonville did...even guys who cover the team in Pitt feel this season has 6-10 or 7-9 written all over it...

as much as I felt the Niners were gonna suck last year when everyone had them in the playoffs, i feel equally as strong about the Steelers sucking this year....

they have no one on the o-line and their d isn't very good either...they lucked out last year in a weak division and were exposed in the playoffs...teams with big physical lines and a good rushing attack will feast on them all season like Jacksonville did...even guys who cover the team in Pitt feel this season has 6-10 or 7-9 written all over it...

as much as I felt the Niners were gonna suck last year when everyone had them in the playoffs, i feel equally as strong about the Steelers sucking this year....

I mean, it's not like they can't draft an OL. :rolleyes: They will still have an advantage in that division because the Bengals and Ravens are still weak. Their only competition RIGHT NOW if the Browns.

Comparing the Steelers to the 49ers? WOW. :lol:

I mean, it's not like they can't draft an OL. :rolleyes: They will still have an advantage in that division because the Bengals and Ravens are still weak. Their only competition RIGHT NOW if the Browns.

Comparing the Steelers to the 49ers? WOW. :lol:

they won't suck 49'er bad, but they will suck...flame me badly if I am wrong...

they won't suck 49'er bad, but they will suck...flame me badly if I am wrong...

You're on Richard! :lol::flex: