Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawkinspwns

Patriots 2008 Strength of Schedule

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3347716

Sooooo what's wrong with this picture?

Look at how close all the other teams are to each other... all within like .15 win pct of each other (the first column).

Then look at the Patriots down at the bottom...WTF? That's .35 lower than the Chargers, who have the 2nd easiest schedule!

They clobbered all their opponents last season, so whoever makes the schedule decided to give them a hugely easier schedule than any other team in 2008?

Ridiculous.

I don't care how easy their schedule is: they'll crack in the playoffs. I've said their dynasty would die since the beginning of the 05-06 season, and I stick by that. Remember, this is the first full season that we are positive the Patriots aren't cheating, remember what happened in the playoffs. That combined with Vinatieri leaving and the Pats just aren't the same. No matter how many points they score, they have an ancient Defense and that will almost always fail in the playoffs. The Pats will go 14-2 no problem, but the AFC is once again stacked, and this year I don't think they'll even make it to the superbowl.

I understand they play in a crappy division, but .387 winning % for their opponents....sheshh. Unfortunately there really isn't much that can be done. Opponents are set years in advance. Guess they get a free ride to the playoffs while the NFC East and AFC South beat each other's brains in.

the teams they play are predetermined years ahead of time. the fact they play many of the same teams they shut down last year is a big reason why their opponents win percentage is low. Nobody gave them an advantage.

I think that Goodell should stop trying to make the NFL the Patriots league to win out. I know he's Kraft's butt buddy but give it a rest.

Yes, but who cares. Everything goes the Pats way because they cheat and the league cheats for them.

F them and their "fans"

Aren't schedules decided up to like 5 years in advance just not specific dates?

No , the Patriots pick-n-choose, and so ,let it be written, let it be done.

Strength of schedule doesnt mean squat. I mean....did anyone see the Browns going 10-6 last year? They were supposed to be horrible and Dallas was gonna have a top 5 pick this year. We wont know if anyone truly has an 'easy' schedule until sometime around week 8-9 when things are more clearly defined in the standings.

No , the Patriots pick-n-choose, and so ,let it be written, let it be done.

:lol:

Agree. They found a way to cheat again.

The Patriots will be lucky to win 10 games this year even with their easy schedule. They lost a lot of their defense and its hard to see them not giving up a lot of points.

The Patriots will be lucky to win 10 games this year even with their easy schedule. They lost a lot of their defense and its hard to see them not giving up a lot of points.

Somehow, every year their LB's get older , yet they still play the same, and is'nt Rodney Harrison like 37 years old?

You do realize that this is based off of last years winning % correct and has nothing to do with what teams have done over FA correct???

Somehow, every year their LB's get older , yet they still play the same, and is'nt Rodney Harrison like 37 years old?

HGH

Look at how close all the other teams are to each other... all within like .15 win pct of each other (the first column).

Then look at the Patriots down at the bottom...WTF? That's .35 lower than the Chargers, who have the 2nd easiest schedule!

They clobbered all their opponents last season, so whoever makes the schedule decided to give them a hugely easier schedule than any other team in 2008?

Ridiculous.

I agree with everything.

It's just the NFL giving the Pats another shot at going 19-0.

Ridiculous.

Well they handed their division 6 losses...

Scheduling is an automated process, it's not like there's a panel of people deciding on opponents

This is why the Pats have a low opponent win %

- Their division has teams that finished 7-9, 4-12 and 1-15. That's ridiculously weak. Aside from NE that's the easiest division in the NFL. The other teams have to play the Pats so their opp. win%s are much higher.

- The AFC East plays the entire NFC West. That division featured teams that finished 10-6, 8-8, 5-11, 3-13.

- The AFC East plays the entire AFC West. That division featured teams that finished 11-5, 7-9, 4-12, 4-12.

In fact, since the Pats have to play the division winners of the AFC South and AFC North, they actually have a tougher schedule than all the other teams is the AFC East. The only reason their opp win%s are higher is because they play the Patriots, and the Pats, obviously, do not

Stop whining? Strength of schedule means nothing. All it’s based on the 2007 record of the teams we played last year. How many teams make the playoffs and then just drop off? Tons. Take the Bears. They go to the Super Bowl with a 13-3 record in 2006. So the teams they played (including us) in 2007 had tough strengths of schedule. They went 7-9. The Pats have to travel to the west coast twice next year. Two of those games are night games. The schedule system is as good as it gets. After the first couple of games, last year does not matter.

Gotta hand it to Belichek. It's amazing how he got that device that lets you see into the future to be able to tell which teams are going to suck, and then find a way to get the schedule set up to play the crappiest teams.

Bill Belichek: King of Cheats.

Aren't schedules decided up to like 5 years in advance just not specific dates?

Yes. The Eagles' schedule has been posted all the way until 2009, since 2002 when the league realigned. Only 2 games are determined by the previous season.

I understand they play in a crappy division, but .387 winning % for their opponents....sheshh. Unfortunately there really isn't much that can be done. Opponents are set years in advance. Guess they get a free ride to the playoffs while the NFC East and AFC South beat each other's brains in.

Happened the same way last year and look at what happened