Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawkinspwns

Patriots 2008 Strength of Schedule

That easy schedule will probably hurt the Pats come playoff time. They won't be battle-tested. I think they have lost too much talent in their secondary to get back to the Super Bowl. Plus, they have too much age at LB.

How is a schedule decided without specific dates?

Opponents are decided long in advance on a rotational schedule(per division) but the dates aren't decided until just before the draft

All you dumb conspiracy theory MFers need to shut up.

Strength of schedule is a complete joke. When you have 2 games against the 1-15 dolphins it throws everything out of whack.

Every year you play home/away against 3 divisional opponents (6), play all teams from one NFC conference (rotated consistently) (4), all teams from one AFC division (4), the 2 teams that finished same place as you in the same conference (ex. We finished 4th NFC east, we already played all 4 central teams, so we play 4th from south and west) (2). That makes 16. You can all now return to your thesis on the melting temperature of a titanium I beam

I understand they play in a crappy division, but .387 winning % for their opponents....sheshh. Unfortunately there really isn't much that can be done. Opponents are set years in advance. Guess they get a free ride to the playoffs while the NFC East and AFC South beat each other's brains in.

The upside is that parity has made it impossible to truly evaluate a schedule before a few games into the season at the minimum.

That being said, I'm still not happy that the Eagles have 3 divisional games in December for the 2nd time in 3 years. And the 4th game is against a talented Cleveland team.

How does the percentage change when you remove the Dolphins 2-30?

I mean what is the league supposed to do about that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3347716

Sooooo what's wrong with this picture?

Look at how close all the other teams are to each other... all within like .15 win pct of each other (the first column).

Then look at the Patriots down at the bottom...WTF? That's .35 lower than the Chargers, who have the 2nd easiest schedule!

They clobbered all their opponents last season, so whoever makes the schedule decided to give them a hugely easier schedule than any other team in 2008?

Ridiculous.

They face the jets, bills and dolphins twice a year.... the AFCE had a combined 26 wins last season.

All but two games are predetermined years in advance. So if anyone has a problem with it, please tell me who else the Pats should play other than Pittsburgh and Indy? Since those are the two teams selected for the Pats to fill out their schedule.

Nothing to get worked up about. Those percentages are based on the 2007 season. Plus as many have said, the AFC East is a joke. 6 easy wins to boot. No big deal. The Pats still play a few tough teams that usually give them a hard time.

Plus, don't be so sure they will make a run like last year. The team is not invincible as we have seen.

Nothing to get worked up about. Those percentages are based on the 2007 season. Plus as many have said, the AFC East is a joke. 6 easy wins to boot. No big deal. The Pats still play a few tough teams that usually give them a hard time.

Plus, don't be so sure they will make a run like last year. The team is not invincible as we have seen.

I agree... I think you will start to see a declining Pats team. Granted I also think a declining Pats team will still be better than a lot of teams, but they have a lot of older guys and are not close to being what they once were.

I agree... I think you will start to see a declining Pats team. Granted I also think a declining Pats team will still be better than a lot of teams, but they have a lot of older guys and are not close to being what they once were.

I saw this same comment 5 years ago. :lol:

You saw it before the Super Bowl too. :lol:

Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl Appearances 6>2

Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl Wins 3>0

Patriots/Eagles Head to Head In Super Bowls 1>0

I don't think you have anything to brag about.

Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl Appearances 6>2*

Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl Wins 3>0*

Patriots/Eagles Head to Head In Super Bowls 1>0*

Fixed

They went 4-0 against the "vaunted" NFC East in the regular season.

except when it counted!!@!!!!

Hey son of schmoe

you came back for more?

Did you videotape Super Bowl 42?

and more importantly...how many times have you watched it?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3347716

Sooooo what's wrong with this picture?

Look at how close all the other teams are to each other... all within like .15 win pct of each other (the first column).

Then look at the Patriots down at the bottom...WTF? That's .35 lower than the Chargers, who have the 2nd easiest schedule!

They clobbered all their opponents last season, so whoever makes the schedule decided to give them a hugely easier schedule than any other team in 2008?

Ridiculous.

Look at their division, they clobbered their division, so that was 6 wins (or 6 opponent losses) their division is not exactly stacked with good teams. Nothing anyone but their division rivals can do. If the Jets, Bills, and Fins could actually do anything, then their Str would be a bit higher. But as is their whole division picks in the top 11 of the draft. Miami 1 Jets 6 Bills 11.

Sure it would make sense for them to be higher on the list, but their division just blows and they get a free pass into the playoffs since they only see tough games outside of their division.

Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl Appearances 6>2

Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl Wins 3>0

Patriots/Eagles Head to Head In Super Bowls 1>0

We were NFL champions before your team existed, you've been blown out in two of your SB loses, a Wildcard team mauled your "Greatest offense ever"

Eagles fans claimed to be the toughest fan in the NFL but yet they cry like babies.

You clearly have never been to a Eagles home game or have talked to anyone who has, and when the chips are down, we fans still attend home games.

We were NFL champions before your team existed, you've been blown out in two of your SB loses, a Wildcard team mauled your "Greatest offense ever"

You never seen them win did you?? Don't brag about games you didn't see or weren't alive for. I have been alive to see the Patriots three wins and two of the losses, you were alive to only see losses so you can't brag.

You never seen them win did you?? Don't brag about games you didn't see or weren't alive for. I have been alive to see the Patriots three wins and two of the losses, you were alive to only see losses so you can't brag.

Well. I was close since i'm 42, but we where NFL champions before the SB "Title" came along.