Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawkinspwns

Patriots 2008 Strength of Schedule

Well. I was close since i'm 42, but we where NFL champions before the SB "Title" came along.

Nobody cares about the NFL title anymore, that's what people say when their team can't win the new pig prize.

Nobody cares about the NFL title anymore, that's what people say when their team can't win the new pick prize.

Tell that to a Packer fan.

I agree with everything.

It's just the NFL giving the Pats another shot at going 19-0.

im just going to say again what everyone in this thread with a brain has said.

the NFL does not pick and choose schedules. you guys do realize how schedules are made right? you play a division in and out of conference every year, always rotating. you then play your division games. then you play the two teams in the division that youre not already playing that finished the same place as you did last year. so the patriots actually do have a harder schedule than everyone in their division. the only reason their opp winning % is so low is because they cant play themselves.

the NFL does not pick and choose schedules. you guys do realize how schedules are made right? you play a division in and out of conference every year, always rotating. you then play your division games. then you play the two teams in the division that youre not already playing that finished the same place as you did last year. so the patriots actually do have a harder schedule than everyone in their division. the only reason their opp winning % is so low is because they cant play themselves.

I wish more people realized this.

They're in the AFC, who cares. Now I get to see Brady bomb it all over the field to Moss again. Now if they got this smooth cruise in the NFC I'd be pissed.

That would be a good game.

Opponents are decided long in advance on a rotational schedule(per division) but the dates aren't decided until just before the draft

It was rhetorical. ;)

First off, the other three teams in their division all had less-than-.500 records.

Second off, the AFC East draws the rancid AFC West in the intraconference rotation.

And third off, the AFC East draws the equally rancid NFC West in the interconference rotation.

I'll say one thing, though: If the '08 Patriots don't end the Super Bowl Runner-Up Jinx, it might remain intact longer than John McCain said he's willing to keep U.S. troops in Iraq.