Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RUEagle

85 Wants to be dealt b4 draft

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson left no room for doubt Wednesday: He wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengal function -- mandatory or voluntary.

What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by quarterback Carson Palmer that indicated Johnson had told Palmer he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''

Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.

"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson said. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson is skipping the team's offseason workouts as he tries to push for a trade. But the Bengals have also made it clear that they have no plans of trading him.

The Pro Bowl wide receiver said he was surprised by Palmer's comments about his possibly reporting to mandatory camp.

"I wish he would stay out of my business,'' Johnson said.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

Espn beats another story to death. :rolleyes: It's like when they added a whole bar on their ticker for the Patriots last year for the last ten weeks of the season. They keep you sucked in.

What is funny is they act like Johnson demands to be traded draft night and then he says "and if they don't trade me draft night, I want to be traded as soon as possible" (didn't he say that two months ago that he wanted to be traded as soon as possible?).

Can we really trust this guy if somehow we got him? And if we can, are his antics going to be a distraction?

Cat fight.

Seriously, though. The Bengals can say whatever they want to say in their apparent refusal to trade him and their willingness to let him sit out the season. Even with the cap hit. But when a team like Dallas or someone dangles a shiny 1st rounder in front of their noses, they'll gobble it up.

He'll be traded.

This is actually important because in everything which has happened thus far he never came out and said "I want to be traded." He danced around the question but never actually said it and more importantly this sounds like he's starting publicly with team mates esp. Palmer who is the one guy that with one word Chad would be gone. Oh well the Bengals don't want Lito and we're not giving up our first so he might be traded but not here.

Can we really trust this guy if somehow we got him? And if we can, are his antics going to be a distraction?

He's not like TO, he just wants to win.

No reason to waste another of the few yrs McNabb & Dawkins have left.

Trade for this crazy **** and letd go for it over the course of the next 2 seasons.

Then he will go insane.

I dont care, we are NOT contenders, this crazy nut case will help us get BACK into contention.

Do it. Do it now. Who gives a ****. Make it happen. We got a SMALL window. Lets make the most of it and F the future. WIN NOW.

no to your first question, yes to your second question.

we went through a huge saga with t.o. a couple years ago about whether he wanted to be traded or not, were his actions bad enough, and so on. chad is doing the same thing with the bengals; he's sucking the life out of that team. do we want another guy like that on this team after seeing what happens first-hand? we gambled and lost with t.o.; the risk is too great to gamble again, in my opinion.

Coming soon to a (presumably) suburban Cincinnati driveway:

Ocho Cinco doing sit-ups.