Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waiting...

Saints trying to trade up to #2...

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Saints have had contact with the Rams about a potential trade up in the NFL Draft.

Schefter calls the talks "preliminary." The Saints could be eyeing Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston with Will Smith in a contract season, but might have to offer 2009 picks because they have only six this year. While the Scott Linehan Rams have executed several draft-day trades, future choices won't entice St. Louis with Linehan in win-now mode. According to the new trade chart, it'd take New Orleans' first- and second-round pick to get to No. 2.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Saints have had contact with the Rams about a potential trade up in the NFL Draft.

Schefter calls the talks "preliminary." The Saints could be eyeing Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston with Will Smith in a contract season, but might have to offer 2009 picks because they have only six this year. While the Scott Linehan Rams have executed several draft-day trades, future choices won't entice St. Louis with Linehan in win-now mode. According to the new trade chart, it'd take New Orleans' first- and second-round pick to get to No. 2.

All the way up to #2 for Dorsey ,yes, Gholston ,no. The Saints with adding Vilma, should try to get Rivers to have a great LB core.

All the way up to #2 for Dorsey ,yes, Gholston ,no. The Saints with adding Vilma, should try to get Rivers to have a great LB core.

they can stay where they are and get Rivers- that would be a great pick for them.

Everything at this point are teams posturing. But I wouldnt mind that happening. On a couple of mock drafts the Saints are slated to pick Cromartie but if they move up that may allow him to be available when the Eagles pick. I would love it if the Eagles had a shot at picking him.

Rivers is the better pick

How could you come to this conclusion?

I'm not being a D I'm just curious...

Everything at this point are teams posturing. But I wouldnt mind that happening. On a couple of mock drafts the Saints are slated to pick Cromartie but if they move up that may allow him to be available when the Eagles pick. I would love it if the Eagles had a shot at picking him.

the patriots wouldn't let him slip by...