Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ericmichaelace

Steve McNair

No not really. I'm just not blind. He got sacked over 40 times last year, he's too slow to get away from the good pass rushers these days, and the Eagles aren't exactly about to invest in him as the future qb. The writings on the wall and it has been for over a year. McNabb will be gone in 2 or 3 years.

Do you watch Eagles games? Our line played like dog ISH this season. :lol: And no, just watching the two meetings with the Eagles and Giants does not count as watching Eagles games. :rolleyes:

McNabb has:

A.) A much stronger arm which does not necessarily deteriorate over time.

B.) More mobility than McNair and always has.

C.) A better supporting cast alongside of him.

A is up for debate. McNair had a cannon before the injuries piled up.

B. McNair was actually more mobile then McNabb when he was younger. You must be 12 and have not watched football. They didn't call him Air McNair for no reason.

C. Again up for debate. Look at the records of the teams McNair quarterbacked. They aren't too shabby.

Do you watch Eagles games? Our line played like dog ISH this season. :lol: And no, just watching the two meetings with the Eagles and Giants does not count as watching Eagles games. :rolleyes:

Highlight of the early season was watching McNabb get sacked 12 times in one game by the Giants. It only got better from there but yes to answer your questions I saw many Eagles games this season. Probably 5 or 6 but not any after they were eliminated.

McNabb has:

I agree. Like I posted above, at 31, McNabb looks FAR better than McNair did at the same age.

If only McNabb had Derrick Mason for most of his career. Mason would've been far better than he already was with McNair.

Highlight of the early season was watching McNabb get sacked 12 times in one game by the Giants. It only got better from there but yes to answer your questions I saw many Eagles games this season. Probably 5 or 6 but not any after they were eliminated.

You're the only Giants fan who pretends that Winston Justice had nothing to do with that game. How often does Osi get 6 sacks in a game? Let's be serious here. :rolleyes:

And no, I don't believe you've seen many Eagles games. Our o-line was suspect all season. Everyone knew that.

B. McNair was actually more mobile then McNabb when he was younger. You must be 12 and have not watched football. They didn't call him Air McNair for no reason.

C. Again up for debate. Look at the records of the teams McNair quarterbacked. They aren't too shabby.

Currently, McNabb has more mobility at the age of 31 than McNair did. If you want to bring up last season and the amount of times he was sacked, then apparently you forgot the guy tore his ACL and was coming off of surgery.

I thought the Air nickname was given to him because of his arm, not his legs but you are right. he was a much more mobile than McNabb.

McNair's 3,590 career rushing yards and 37 rushing touchdowns rank fifth and third respectively all-time among NFL quarterbacks. Among active quarterbacks, McNair ranks first in both rushing yards and rushing TDs. His 2,387 rushing yards from 1997-2001 also made him one of three quarterbacks in NFL history to rush for more than 2,350 yards in a five-season span. Mike Vick had 3,570 from 2002-2006; Randall Cunningham had 3,232 from 1986-1990.

The records of the teams McNair quaterbacked weren't bad, they were a contender many years but the team was loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. McNair had Derrick Mason throughout his career. Who has McNabb had? McNair also had Frank Wycheck, Eddie George, Drew Bennett

Justin McCareins, Ben Troupe etc. and the Titans always had a great defense in those title contending years. Not like McNair had to carry the offense like McNabb did. Mason has had six 1000+ yard seasons in his 11 year career. Would've been nice for McNabb to have that.

McNabb has:

;)

I'd like to see any other QB in the NFC East put up great numbers with Pinkston, Mitchell, and Thrash. :rolleyes:

Just saying.

Yeah that had nothing to do with Justice playing.

Ironically the second meeting NYG only had three sacks. Our o-line allowed a average of three sacks a game on McNabb. Interesting how when a backup was playing Osi went nuts.

Yeah that had nothing to do with Justice playing.

Ironically the second meeting NYG only had three sacks. Our o-line allowed a average of three sacks a game on McNabb. Interesting how when a backup was playing Osi went nuts.

But...but...Osi is so talented. He gets 6 sacks every game. It's normal. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see any other QB in the NFC East put up great numbers with Pinkston, Mitchell, and Thrash. :rolleyes:

Just saying.

Thrash and Pinkston were both Redskins. How have they done at WR?

FredEx couldn't even make the KC roster.

McNabb took this team to a SB and four NFC title games with those guys. Give Peyton Manning weapons like those three and I guarantee he struggles. He actually struggled some in 07 without Harrison throwing his most ints in five seasons.

McNabb often gets bashed for overthrows and throwing it to the ground but one this is for sure, he usually turns the ball over less than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. I'd rather him throw the ball to the ground than force bad throws to crap recievers and get intercepted.

FredEx couldn't even make the KC roster.

McNabb took this team to a SB and four NFC title games with those guys. Give Peyton Manning weapons like those three and I guarantee he struggles. He actually struggled some in 07 without Harrison throwing his most ints in five seasons.

McNabb often gets bashed for overthrows and throwing it to the ground but one this is for sure, he usually turns the ball over less than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. I'd rather him throw the ball to the ground than force bad throws to crap recievers and get intercepted.

2nd best TD/INT ratio. :D

2nd best TD/INT ratio. :D

And that sadly gets overlooked by even Eagles fans who question McNabb.

On all the radio sports talk shows here in Baltimore, Ravens fans are crying to make a trade for McNabb, but some don't want to give up the 1st round pick. I called up laughing my butt off saying, they would have to give up a lot more than just a 1st round pick for Andy to trade McNabb this year, that they need stop dreaming and are better off trying to trade for Brady Quinn, because Matt Ryan and the rest of the QBs are late 1st round talents at best so they're pretty much screwed this season.

I have no recollection of Pinkston being a redskin...could be wrong because I lost track of him after he turned sideways...i mean, was off the Eagles squad.

I have no recollection of Pinkston being a redskin...could be wrong because I lost track of him after he turned sideways...i mean, was off the Eagles squad.

I think he went to the Vikings. Redskins? Don't remember that either.

:roll: :roll:

you are a FING IDIOT!!!!

its AIR MCNAIR! meaning THROWING

unless he can Fing FLY

MORON

Happy trails. I feel sorry for the guy. With the beatings he's taken throughout his career, he'll probably need a walker in two years.

not only the beatings, but the way he lost the superbowl was heartbreaking. then again, who can have a ton of sympathy for a successful nfl quarterbacking millionare?

McNair was NEVER known for outstanding mobility. that's just silly.

He ran for 675 yds in '97. Thast better than McNabb's career high.

But...but...Osi is so talented. He gets 6 sacks every game. It's normal. :rolleyes:

Osi is probably the best pass rusher in the nfl right now. He proved that in the regular season and again in the playoffs, and again in the superbowl. He gets so many hurries and hits. If the rules were what they were in say 1986 when LT had his 20 sacks season or in 1988 when Reggie had his Osi would easily it those numbers. It's amazing how different things are now and how people just don't acknowledge it. The NFL will do anything to protect qbs.