Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ericmichaelace

Steve McNair

my god. this is almost as bad as the Favre Teabagging Party john madden likes to throw. mcnair had a couple of good seasons (01, 03); the rest were pretty average or worse. he had a decent completion % in a decidedly run-first offense. give respect for him playing through injuries but stop acting like he was an all-world talent. HoF? lol.

I still think he should be in the hall of fame. He embodied what every football player should be. He was mvp of the league, his winning percentage as a starter is off the charts. He doesn't have the prettiest stats but sometimes the stats just don't tell the whole story. Also, he should have won a superbowl. His weak willed teammate Kevin 'One yard' Dyson messed it up for him.

Wasn't Kevin Dyson the recipient of Frank Wycheck's lateral throw in the "music city miracle"?

Wasn't Kevin Dyson the recipient of Frank Wycheck's lateral throw in the "music city miracle"?

I think so but all he had to do was run in a straight line. He only had one yard to go on that slant, he probably should have fought his way in. Mabye he wasn't strong enough but it looked to me and to everyone else watching like he thought he was going to coast in and he didn't run as hard as he could.

my god. this is almost as bad as the Favre Teabagging Party john madden likes to throw. mcnair had a couple of good seasons (01, 03); the rest were pretty average or worse. he had a decent completion % in a decidedly run-first offense. give respect for him playing through injuries but stop acting like he was an all-world talent. HoF? lol.

The Titans actually ran an ancient offense that isn't quarterback stat friendly. Despite that McNair had more then two good seasons, and he was never really average or worse. He's one of the best quarterbacks of his era. The w/l records of the teams he qb'd clearly show that. He consistantly made plays with his legs or arms when his teams needed him too throughout his career.

Still has the coolest nickname: Air McNair

I remember watching ESPN when he was still in college. Seem to recall numerous times he threw for 600 plus yards in a game.