Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vinlo77

Jared Allen

Glazer says it

Jared Allen's days with the Chiefs appear to be numbered.

Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft.

"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FOXSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

Allen said he is flying to Minnesota and has a visit set up with the Vikings by this weekend. He is tentatively scheduled to meet with Tampa Bay next week. The Jacksonville Jaguars had previously inquired with Allen's camp as well.

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.

Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.

Allen, a four-year veteran, led the league in sacks in 2007 with 15.5 and has 13 forced fumbles in the past three seasons.

haha

I think his agent must be a bold faced liar.

Because whoever told him that it would be a good idea to go to Minnesota or Tampa for a championship appearance was lying right to his face. Cant believe he believed them. Must have been a athletics major or something in college.

haha

I think his agent must be a bold faced liar.

Because whoever told him that it would be a good idea to go to Minnesota or Tampa for a championship appearance was lying right to his face. Cant believe he believed them. Must have been a athletics major or something in college.

Better chance there than KC.

First and 3rd

If I had to guess, first and fifth. If they franchised him they would automatically get a first and third, I don't think he is franchised, so I think both teams will try to stay away from giving up that much.

If I had to guess, first and fifth. If they franchised him they would automatically get a first and third, I don't think he is franchised, so I think both teams will try to stay away from giving up that much.

He is franchised. He was set to be a free agent.

He is franchised. He was set to be a free agent.

He is franchised, but as the Chiefs are talking about trading him, I assume they will be more realistic with what they will accept.

Herm Edwards is doing a horrendous job with this team.

I agree, and he's only there because he's friends with GM Carl Peterson. if they have a losing season this year ,one if not both are gone IMO.

Herm Edwards is doing a horrendous job with this team.

Herm Edwards Is a team killer. I dont know how in the hell he got a job in KC after what he did with the Jets. He left them in shambles...

Okay a first and a third?! That is ridiculous. For one of the leagues top DEs? They're not going to sign a better player than Allen with whatever first round pick the acquire. I would say a first and a second at least.

He is franchised, but as the Chiefs are talking about trading him, I assume they will be more realistic with what they will accept.

Probably true.

A few years ago, weren't Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James both franchised, yet both teams were seeking only 2nd round picks for each ?

the Bucs and Vikings first round picks were mentioned on Sirius a couple of minutes ago. The Vikings have the higher pick so I would assume the Bucs would need to part with a little more.

A first and third might not be out of the question since you got two teams bidding on him.