Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eagles_Fan2105

Houshmanzadeh even says trade Chad

I think players should stay out of their teammates business when it come to contracts or being unhappy. I think this will only make it worse in Cinnci and i thought these two guys were friends.

When a football team becomes a democracy, Houshmandzadeh's comment will actually count for something.

Until that time arrives ...

TJ wants to be #1. Then he gets a raise down the road.

I think you are right. I was thinking about his comments and he really would benefit both financially and professionally if Chad were to leave.

I think players should stay out of their teammates business when it come to contracts or being unhappy. I think this will only make it worse in Cinnci and i thought these two guys were friends.

They are friends and Housh and CJ probably discussed this before Housh said anything. They want to make it worse in Cinci and force them to give in to what CJ wants, a trade. If CJ was holding out for more money, I bet Housh wouldn't be speaking in support of that.

Housh basically did take over as the #1 last year. He wants to make sure the Bengals free up some money to pay him that way.

Did you read what he said? He basicly supported Chad and make it even harder for the Bengals to keep Chad.

This does as pointed before me also give TJ more money in the end if Chad is traded.

Per ROTOWORLD:

In addition to the Cowboys and Eagles, the Raiders are reportedly among "several teams" that have expressed interest in Chad Johnson.

The Redskins are almost certainly also in the mix. ESPN's John Clayton says the Bengals still don't want to trade Johnson, but it will be hard to pass on an offer if they're blown away.

Source: ESPN Insider

Per ROTOWORLD:

In addition to the Cowboys and Eagles, the Raiders are reportedly among "several teams" that have expressed interest in Chad Johnson.

The Redskins are almost certainly also in the mix. ESPN's John Clayton says the Bengals still don't want to trade Johnson, but it will be hard to pass on an offer if they're blown away.

Source: ESPN Insider

What worries me that even if the Bengals were to trade CJ, Dallas, Washington and Oakland would offer an insane deal the Eagles wouldn't be willing to match or come close to. I just have a awful feeling that CJ ends up in Dallas.

Didn't Oakland add two FA recievers?

I can't wait for the season to get started so we can get off this Chad bullsh**. Will it ever stop? Maybe if the Eagles get Chad, then we can start about Williams again.

What worries me that even if the Bengals were to trade CJ, Dallas, Washington and Oakland would offer an insane deal the Eagles wouldn't be willing to match or come close to. I just have a awful feeling that CJ ends up in Dallas.

Javon Walker was one. Maybe al davis took his alzheimers meds and realized how incredibly stupid it was to give walker 20 million in guarantees. We have more ammo than dallas, wash, and oakland in terms of draft picks, but you have to factor in the idiot owners who would sell their souls for ocho.

I agree. But, in this case it is a little different. Chad could purposely Sabotage the Bengals season and that is where the players need to speak up. This isn't a contract negotiation. This is Chad saying I want out or else.

Javon Walker was one. Maybe al davis took his alzheimers meds and realized how incredibly stupid it was to give walker 20 million in guarantees. We have more ammo than dallas, wash, and oakland in terms of draft picks, but you have to factor in the idiot owners who would sell their souls for ocho.

Washington would probably give up 1st rounders for the next three years.

There is also a rumor that they are looking to actually trade out of the first round for more picks. Skins want more picks? We'll see.

If Dallas got CJ they would have T.O./CJ/Crayton/Glenn. YIKES!

Washington would probably give up 1st rounders for the next three years.

There is also a rumor that they are looking to actually trade out of the first round for more picks. Skins want more picks? We'll see.

If Dallas got CJ they would have T.O./CJ/Crayton/Glenn. YIKES!

So? Lito on TO and Samuel on CJ :P

i don't think dallas has enough cap space to give CJ the type of money he would want

I think players should stop whining about their contracts. They are all paid millions of dollars to put on a show. These are supposed to be men? Why do they act like a bunch of crybabies instead?

FIXED

;)

I don't TO and Ocho Cinco can co-exsist on the same team. To much Ego in the lockeroom or at least on the offensive side of the ball.

This is what happens when your QB trys to step in between the business of a troubled WR and FO it just pisses off the WR more...And a lot of you stupid people wanted McNabb to step in the TO/FO situation...Palmer steps in and only makes it worse.

TJ wants to be #1. Then he gets a raise down the road.

lol yeah, thats the first thing i thought when i read this thread. you cant blame him tho

Oakland and Washington probably won't get him. Philly isn't going to blow away Cincy with their offer, but Dallas might. However, Marion Barber is asking for big time money, and Dallas will almost certainly re-sign him with Jones in Seattle. So I think that the Eagles actually do have the best shot at Johnson, but that isn't saying much considering the Bengals don't want to get rid of him.

Whatever happens to Johnson, can we all agree on the fact that the Bengals are really, really, really in a deep hole here? I think that entire organization is in complete flux, with no defense and the offensive players who aren't being prosecuted are acting as harsh distractions in other ways to the entire organization.

I don't see how ME.O. and CJ could co exist in dallas.

I know that if the Bengals trade him they incur a 8mill cap hit. But does anyone know if that will change (and what it will change to) if he is traded after june or whatever? Just curious.