Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happyfoosball

Shockey wants a new role

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/04...le_or_trad.html

I guess back in December Shockey told the Giants he wants a new role in the offense or he wants to be traded. I don't know how true this story is, it sounds a little fishy because the source isn't named. But if it's true, I think I need to stop defending him. Thats no way for a football player to act. Reminds me of Tiki. If it's not true, I hope he stays with the team.

I saw enough of Boss last season to think he's a good player. The chemistry he developed with Manning was fast and effective. If I were the Giants I'd ship Shockey and his bad attitude to the highest bidder.

What kind of role does he want?

he wants to be used like Jim Fassel used him. He wants to line up as the slot receiver. He basically wants to play wide out. The article says he doesn't like all the pre snap movements. He says he gets tired before the play starts. Note this might not be true but if it is it's like Tiki all over again. "Coach lets them hit me in practice it's not fair"

He wants a new role???? What...blocking and pass catching dont work anymore? His feelings are hurt because his team won the Super Bowl and he wasnt in it. Perhaps he thinks he should be QB. I think his time is up in NY. Ship him to the Bengals, they need another head case.

Ohio Eagle_smiley.jpg

What kind of role does he want?

He wants Eli to be the receiver next time... :whistle:

i hate NY

let em all rot

piss on them all and thier city

but ya know what? good for thier organization for shafting shockey

good for Eli for making Barber and Shockey a non-topic

I guess back in December Shockey told the Giants he wants a new role in the offense or he wants to be traded. I don't know how true this story is, it sounds a little fishy because the source isn't named. But if it's true, I think I need to stop defending him. Thats no way for a football player to act. Reminds me of Tiki. If it's not true, I hope he stays with the team.

I think he's probably got a lot of trade value. I also think that Eli is intimidated by him and that Eli performs better with him not there. Thats a bit of a stretch but its just how i feel. The giants should trade him.

if he wants a new role, he needs to get serious, cut the long hair, end the trash talk, stop whining, get serious, and stop pretending your kid rock. Shockey aint serious about football, this guy just talks about material things, off field investments, dont feel sorry for him, he is a typical greedy athlete that only cares about new cars, flat screen tv's, and getting fresh tattoos.

How about the role of a TE that plays an entire season. Dudes always hurt.

didnt he tell sheldon brown two years ago that he wanted to play in Philly!!!!!!!

but the giants should get what they can for him, before he becomes a cancer.

if he wants a new role, he needs to get serious, cut the long hair, end the trash talk, stop whining, get serious, and stop pretending your kid rock. Shockey aint serious about football, this guy just talks about material things, off field investments, dont feel sorry for him, he is a typical greedy athlete that only cares about new cars, flat screen tv's, and getting fresh tattoos.

ok grandpa

Sounds like a dumba$$. Your goal is to win a Super Bowl and they did that. Whatever they're doing obviously works. If he can't see that, then he's just as bad as T.O. and Ocho Cinco aka T.O. lite. Maybe even worse because both of them just want to win.

he wants to be used like Jim Fassel used him. He wants to line up as the slot receiver. He basically wants to play wide out. The article says he doesn't like all the pre snap movements. He says he gets tired before the play starts. Note this might not be true but if it is it's like Tiki all over again. "Coach lets them hit me in practice it's not fair"

Tell you one thing, he'll have a hard time getting more passes in N.O. because they're offense doesn't use a TE as a receiver. And they use Reggie Bush in the slot and out of the backfield.