Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buddyryan46

TOP RB's in the league

C'mon, amigo...There's no way Parker is better than Westy.

He's a better runner IMO. Westy is the NFL's biggest out of the backfield threat in the passing game today. But based on the seasons he's had running the ball, I'd rather have Parker.

If Jacobs could stay healthy he'd be a top 5, we'll see next year. Lewis needs to quit smoking, Fred Taylor is old and Lycnh needs to raise his ypc.

C'mon bro. I like Jacobs, but after one season calling him a top 5 RB is like saying Peterson is No. 1 overall after just one season.

I would want to see more out of both of them before saying something like that.

He's a better runner IMO. Westy is the NFL's biggest out of the backfield threat in the passing game today. But based on the seasons he's had running the ball, I'd rather have Parker.

Why would you say that? Because Parker has more rushing yards? He's also got more opportunities in the Steelers offense.

LT

Westbrook

Adrian Peterson (could drop, it's a lot to base off of a year)

Steven Jackson (depends on health, could be slid down a few notches)

Fred Taylor

Marion Barber (JJ regards MB as the hardest back to bring down)

Larry Johnson (we'll see if last year was an anomaly)

Joseph Addai

Frank Gore

Taylor's age leads me to believe that he might not keep up his production, and that we could see MJD as the feature back. I could put Willie Parker on the list, but all I see is his 2 TDs and 4 fumbles.

It's way too early to say AP is the #1 Back in the league. Sure he is very talented, but that O-line had a lot to do with his success.

1. LT

2. Westbrook

3. S. Jackson

4. Parker

5. Taylor

6. Johnson

7. Petreson

8. Addai

9. R. Brown

10. B. Jacobs

11. M. Barber

12. J. Lewis- TOP 5 Felon, TOP 15 RB

13. R. Grant

14. M. Lynch

15. N. Davenport- just because he did the poop in her laundry deal :o

Why would you say that? Because Parker has more rushing yards? He's also got more opportunities in the Steelers offense.

True...but I also think that Westbrook is more WR than RB. Parker doesn't get as many touches in the passing game as Westy. It's very close, but as far as a pure runner... I think Parker is a little better. Westbrook has been quite a headache for our defense the last couple of years...that's for damn sure.

Exactly. Westbrook routinely gets twice the catches as most "receiving backs". People think it's his fault he doesn't have 1500 yards rushing a year and 30 TD's...That's the Eagles offensive philosophy, not Westbrook's fault.

If someone puts Marion Barber up I'm going to snap.

Why? because he's a Cowboy? MBIII is quickly becoming on of the best RBs in the league despite his limited workload. You can't deny that.

1. LT

2. Stephen Jackson

3. BWest

4. AD

5. Fred Taylor

6. Ronnie Brown (now the leagues most under rated)

Why? because he's a Cowboy? MBIII is quickly becoming on of the best RBs in the league despite his limited workload. You can't deny that.

No, because he's just not one of the best. Maybe if you want to make an extended list, but he's no where near top 5. And I'm not so sure I'd label his work load as limited.

No, because he's just not one of the best. Maybe if you want to make an extended list, but he's no where near top 5. And I'm not so sure I'd label his work load as limited.

I gotta agree with Voodoo to an extent here. MBIII might be the hardest running RB out there, some have said he's one of the hardest to bring down, and I think he brings alot to the Dallas offense and I want him on the cowboys for the next 5-6 years, but he has not proven to be elite yet, he has not had to go into games as the #1 target of opposing defenses like LT, Westbrook and some of the others and still produce. He might be the 2nd best goalline back in the NFL though, behind LT.

I disagree that his workload has not been limited 115, 138 and 200 carries is limited.

LT is the best RB

Westbrook is 2nd, the only thing missing in his game is short yardage and goalline ability, though I always get the feeling that the shortyardage/goaline problems the Eagles have has more to do with offensive philosophy than anything else, because for a guy his size Westbrook seems to go down moving forward alot.

I don't like to rank players, especially RB's, since often times there are numerous more factors that are involved that conflate the issue. For example, O-lines, offensive philosophies, personal impact of the player on their team (i.e. is he their only weapon, or a beneficiary of a strong passing game, how good are they in pass protection and at receiving, etc.), health of the player, depth (how often are they spelled effectively?), and even coaching. For that reason, it seems kind of pointless to rank RB's since football is a team sport and one can't tell how a player like, say Westbrook would do in Minnesota's offense. Don't get me wrong, clearly some RB's are certainly more talented than others, but at the end of the day, one player does not make or break the team (with the possible exception of QB's like Manning and Brady), and so it becomes nothing more than a tedious exercise. I therefore tend to put more emphasis on a team's overall rushing attack than i would on individual players, though if i'm forced to rank RB's i'd prefer to rank them in echelons or groups rather than strictly enumerating them.

frank gore? anyone? he led the nfc in rushing yards 2 seasons ago and last season he still produced behind one of the worst o-lines of all time..

frank gore? anyone? he led the nfc in rushing yards 2 seasons ago and last season he still produced behind one of the worst o-lines of all time..

He's been a good back these past 2 seasons, but not good enough to be considered a top 5 back.

He's been a good back these past 2 seasons, but not good enough to be considered a top 5 back.

top 5 is debatable but not having him in the top 10 is ridiculous :huh:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. LT

3. Stephen Jackson

4. Willie Parker

5. B. Westbrook

6. MBIII

7. Joseph Addai

8. Ronnie Brown

9. Brandon Jacobs

10. Ryan Grant

umm you're kidding right? you're just trying to find an excuse to put westy lower. that has to be the worst list of all time. Marian Barber at number 6, what are you high? Ryan Grant? Brandon Jacobs? Just kill yourself.

1. LT

2. AD

3. Brian Westbrook

4. Steven Jackson

5. Joseph Addai

6. Clinton Portis

7. Frank Gore

8. Willie Parker

9. Thomas Jones

10. Fred Taylor

THE REAL LIST:

1. LT