Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buddyryan46

TOP RB's in the league

My top 5 backs:

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Brian Westbrook

3. Frank Gore

4. Steven Jackson

5. Clinton Portis

Adrian Peterson needs to prove he isn't a one year wonder before he gets on my list and im skeptical.

I like that list, but I'd put Jackson and Portis before Gore.

Thing that actually amazed me was the LACK of hype Peterson got.

I thought he was one of the better prospects coming out. He did exactly what he did in college on the NFL level. Bush tried that, and failed miserably. We'll see if McFadden can do it (I have my doubts...uhhh...Raiders??).

I mean, don't get me wrong here...I love Peterson. I think he's great. Based on his skill alone, he's absolutely a Top 5 RB, but I want to see him do it for a couple more years before I'm willing to say he's the best RB in the NFL.

His hype wasn't high because of his collarbone injury and the fact that people labeled him as "injury prone." Other than that, they knew his talent was there, regardless, you can't say he is the best RB in the league, until he does it on a consistent basis. Much like LT and Westbrook.

Trust me...More than just Cadillac have hit the "softmore slump". This has nothing to do with him though. That was simply a comparison to another RB picked Top 10 who had a great rookie season.

I'm just sick of hearing how every player is the "best".

Reggie Bush...once in a lifetime athlete.

Calvin Johnson...once in a lifetime athlete.

Adrian Peterson....once in a lifetime...

Chris Long...once in a lifetime....

Every friggin year, there's someone who's "the best". You're playing a very dangerous odds game by saying AP is and will be "the best".

Rofl you just named a bunch of guys who either never did anything or haven't done anything yet to a guy who broke the nfl record for rushing yards in a game. Gimmie a break.

The reason AP cant be number one is because if you shut him down in terms of the run, he is completely shut down. Willie Parker, LT, Westy... Those guys can hurt you so many ways.

Westy may be the best recieving back in the leauge. He is also a killer return man. Just to valuable to risk him out there.

I'm not ready to crown Peterson yet. No one has been this good off the bat so quickly. But i want to see that he isnt a one year wonder.

Westy

LT

Parker

Peterson

And the seriously disrespected Fred Taylor.

Yep.

Only had one less "big gain rush" than Tomlinson, and Tomlinson had nearly 80 more carries than Peterson did. Then there is other little stuff like averaging nearly 6 yards a run and over 14 yards per reception. But clearly he is one dimensional. :rolleyes:

As for comparing him to Westbrook, Tomlinson, and Parker? Go right ahead. Peterson does it without a competent passing attack.

Yep.

Only had one less "big gain rush" than Tomlinson, and Tomlinson had nearly 80 more carries than Peterson did. Then there is other little stuff like averaging nearly 6 yards a run and over 14 yards per reception. But clearly he is one dimensional. :rolleyes:

As for comparing him to Westbrook, Tomlinson, and Parker? Go right ahead. Peterson does it without a competent passing attack.

I have no clue as to how some of you have Parker and Brown in your top five :wacko: As for Petereson he is a stud but just to argue you can say he doesn't have a competent passing attack but he does have one of the best run blocking O lines in the league. The drop off to Chester was not huge and chester is a average back.

1. LT - Even though he's starting to come off as a bit of a crybaby

2. AP- When Jim Brown says you're the best........

3. Westbrook - The most versatile back in the league

4. Steven Jackson - Just a bruiser with surprising skill

5. Maurice Jones-Drew - The league's most underrated PLAYER....and I hate the Jags

6. Clinton Portis - When healthy, he's a total package

7. Frank Gore - Too bad he's on an AWFUL offensive team.

8. Frad Taylor - Probably the most underappreciated talent of this generation

9. Jamal Lewis - Still showing he's got it. To people who didn't see him before his first injury in college at Tennessee....he was the best pure collegiate runner I had ever seen.

10. Ronnie Brown - Just a good, all-around football player.

I think Peterson could be a bit overrated. He was completely shut down in some games but then others he was unbelieveable. He has to be alot more consistent to make the top 3 IMO

Tomlinson

Westbrook

Jackson

Marion Barber

Adrian Peterson

I think Peterson could be a bit overrated. He was completely shut down in some games but then others he was unbelieveable. He has to be alot more consistent to make the top 3 IMO

Tomlinson

Westbrook

Jackson

Marion Barber

Adrian Peterson

I like your Marion Barber pick, I think even with all the talk about the Cowboys, he is the one that gets left out and he might be the most talented player on that team.

I have no clue as to how some of you have Parker and Brown in your top five :wacko: As for Petereson he is a stud but just to argue you can say he doesn't have a competent passing attack but he does have one of the best run blocking O lines in the league. The drop off to Chester was not huge and chester is a average back.

Its funny how Taylor had no problems and didnt do much worse the AP and how great Alexander was when he ran behind the same guard.

Why? because he's a Cowboy? MBIII is quickly becoming on of the best RBs in the league despite his limited workload. You can't deny that.

i'll deny it anyday and not because he's a cowboy. i think he's one of the most overrated RB's in the league, and i'd be willing to bet that he can't handle the full load, otherwise they would of made him a starter last year over a bad RB like Julius Jones.

i'll deny it anyday and not because he's a cowboy. i think he's one of the most overrated RB's in the league, and i'd be willing to bet that he can't handle the full load, otherwise they would of made him a starter last year over a bad RB like Julius Jones.

There's a reason Julius Jones isn't in a Cowboy uniform again this year.

How is Ronnie Brown so high on everyone's list?

He was marginal until a couple games in last year, when he was amazing for about 5 weeks before promptly tearing his ACL.

He might be great again, but there is no way I'd rank a guy with such a light resume AND coming off an ACl tear so highly.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. LT

3. Stephen Jackson

4. Willie Parker

5. B. Westbrook

6. MBIII

7. Joseph Addai

8. Ronnie Brown

9. Brandon Jacobs

10. Ryan Grant

Parker and Jackson better than Westbrook? Spoken like a true Cowboys fan. :nonono:

LT

AP

Westbrook

who cares about the rest but Steven Jackson is up there too

Ill agree with that.

I wouldn't say he cant handle a full load, but he is at his best when in a 2 back offense.

RENO MAHE is the best back in the NFL hands down! :D It's takes a special guy to only have like an 2yard average on punt returns. hall of fame in his future very soon.

The best pure running back is AP.

The best all around running back has to go to LT. Of course Westy isn't far behind at this point. They both can block, catch and run. In LT's case he can throw too.

IMO it's more important to have an all around RB over just a pure runner.

top 5 is debatable but not having him in the top 10 is ridiculous :huh:

I had him in my top ten. Every year I wonder how his knees will be though

RENO MAHE is the best back in the NFL hands down! :D It's takes a special guy to only have like an 2yard average on punt returns. hall of fame in his future very soon.

Its funny to think that when Brian Mitchell was with the GMen he averaged like 4 yards a return

Go to youtube. Watch his film again.

You just listed Youtube as a means of viewing film, discussion over

1. Marion Barber

2. Felix Jones

3. Tashard Choice

4. Alonzo Coleman

5. Keon Lattimore

6. LT

7. Westbrook

8. AllDay

9. Portis (when healthy)

10. Jackson/Johnson

No respect for Ronnie Brown here. He is a stud.

My top5 :

Tomlinson - Great all around back

Westbrook - LdT minus the durability

Purple Jesus - Amazing talent, but have you seen C.Taylor behind that same line ? He looks great too.

Ronnie Brown - Got injured, but was running all over everyone before. In Parcells offense he is going to put great numbers, watch out.

Steven Jackson - At times looks like the most talented in the league, and sometimes disappears.

Nearly made the top5 : Portis, MBIII, M.Jones Drew (Portis can't carry a team on his shoulders, other 2 have to prove they can carry the load.

W.Parker is so overrated.

I like that list, but I'd put Jackson and Portis before Gore.

I agree with that list as well. and like th placement. AD is an outstanding running back but having possible the best OL in your rookie year means a lot. No one hear is talking about Shaun Alexander but two years ago he would be in the top 10 easy. The difference Strong and Hutch opened up a 4 foot wide lane for him to run through. AD now has Hutch and has 4 foot lanes to run through. Marshawn Lynch has the potential to be a star. Add Lynch to the Vikings and AD to Bills and we may be talking about Lynch instead of AD. NOT THAT AD SUCKS, he had an amazing collegiate career and is the real deal but Brad Childress has done amazing things in the trenches in Minnesota. (I know for being new here I talk about him alot but I think he is a great coach).

Other noteworthy backs (at least to watch in the future) Grant, Barber, Pocket Hercules and ... Matt Forte and Kevin Smith. RunDMC is an overhyped fumbler that will have nowhere near the success as AD and comparing himself to AD is ridiculous.

A back I did not see that I am also partial too is Warrick Dunn... and his cat fancy adds

ladainian tomlinson

brian westbrook

adrian peterson(not no. 1 only because he got completely shut down in some games. could easily go in front of westbrook)

steven jackson

larry johnson(just had an off year)

willie parker

joseph addai

marion barber

frank gore

clinton portis

ronnie brown is a good back, but when will he even return?