Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buddyryan46

TOP RB's in the league

I was having this argument with one of my friends..... He already ranks AP number 1... I know he is great but I just gotta problem with ranking him number 1 after 1 season.

Moats

Booker

Hunt

Westbrook

Montgomery

Staley

Buckhalter

OJ

Jim Brown

Bettis

No respect for Ronnie Brown here. He is a stud.

My top5 :

Tomlinson - Great all around back

Westbrook - LdT minus the durability

Purple Jesus - Amazing talent, but have you seen C.Taylor behind that same line ? He looks great too.

Ronnie Brown - Got injured, but was running all over everyone before. In Parcells offense he is going to put great numbers, watch out.

Steven Jackson - At times looks like the most talented in the league, and sometimes disappears.

Nearly made the top5 : Portis, MBIII, M.Jones Drew (Portis can't carry a team on his shoulders, other 2 have to prove they can carry the load.

W.Parker is so overrated.

The other two have proven they can carry the load? MBIII has not even rushed for 1000yds yet in his career and gets caught from behind regularly. MJD had a pro bowl back on his team??? WTF Portis has put in more work than both backs and does more without the ball then both as well.

btw jmo but Ronnie Brown is not a top 5 back he has done nothing to warrant such a ranking

I agree, Blakjak.

I kind of agree as well, although if someone said I could have one back out of everyone in the NFL, right now, it would be A. Peterson, no hesitation.

As for Jacobs, he may not even end up being the best back on the Giants this coming season. But he was second only to A. Peterson in yards per game. He goes over 1000 in only 11 games, thats pretty darn impressive. I like Westbrook too, but I always see him as Tiki Barber Light... but that ain't too bad....

The other two have proven they can carry the load? MBIII has not even rushed for 1000yds yet in his career and gets caught from behind regularly. MJD had a pro bowl back on his team??? WTF Portis has put in more work than both backs and does more without the ball then both as well.

btw jmo but Ronnie Brown is not a top 5 back he has done nothing to warrant such a ranking

Portis is one of the best pass blocker in the league, and a solid rusher, just nothing really special. All my top5 RBs have great talent, where Portis is to me a solid, durable back.

I said MJD and MBIII have to prove they can carry the load before being a top5 back. They have the ability.

About Ronnie Brown, he had a good year 2 seasons ago, and last year he was having an amazing year before he got injured. 119 rushes, 600 yds, 5.1 avg, 4 TDs 0 Fumble. And with a bottom 5 passing game in the league. He was on pace to 1500 yds. And now, with J.Long added on the OL, 1 more year for Satele, and Parcells love for power running game, watch out.

No respect for Ronnie Brown here. He is a stud.

I disagree completely...I think he's getting too much respect.

He was relatively disappointing through the first 34 games of his career given where he was drafted, put on a great 5 or 6 games in a row last year, and tore his ACL.

He may come back and be great again this year, picking up where he left off. However, there's an equally good chance his streak last year was fluky OR the ACL will hinder his career (especially this season). If you go by what he's accomplished the last 3 seasons, his resume is light. If you go by what he'll accomplish in the future, his prospects are compromised because of the injury.

I think he's too much of a mystery right now to be considered "elite" and would currently not rank him among the top 10 backs because of all that uncertainty.