Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yukmouth2005

pick 12 teams that will make the Playoffs

Here we go again with another round of bitterness

Why should they have lost to Dallas and/or New England? Did we get too 'lucky' for your taste and didn't deserve to win because of it?

This should be good :rolleyes:

They should have lost to Dallas because Patrick Crayton dropped that wide open pass that could have been a td cause nobody was in front of him. If so Dallas probably wins that game. NE of course you take away that miracle pass from Eli to Tyree Pats win that game then the missed interception by Samuel which should have been an interception. If it is Pats win.

The Jags are a very real possibility

The Pack with 2 rookie(essentially) QB's would be very lucky to see the playoffs IMO

Why not in your quotes they could be the next Eli Manning. You just dont want to see the packers make it. :rolleyes:

The Giants just kept getting lucky throughout the whole playoffs. I admit they beat us fair and square and we really shouldnt have won the game and they did beat tampa down pretty good but dallas and new england they should have lost.

See I disagree on one of those counts. The Dallas game was won because the Cowboys didn't make plays and the Giants did. I think that was the Giants worst performance of the post season. But it was good enough to win. I thought they got too conservitive in the second half though.

But there is no doubt the Giants beat NE. They didn't get lucky if anything NE was lucky to be in that game. The Giants squandered several scoring chances in the first half and then late in the fourth they had a chance to take a two possession lead and Eli and Plax miscommunicated on a route. That game could have easily been a 2 or 3 td win and probably should have been.

Was there luck on the last drive? Absolutely. But NE Got lucky when Steve Smith dropped a pass that then bounced off his hands and in to their db's hand at the 10 yard line or wherever that was. They got lucky when Webster fell down on the Moss td on third and seven. Both teams had luck.

You......mean.......Eli.....Almighty di di di didn't win it?

Gmen- Thank you sooooooo much for pointing this out for everyone else not connected to the Jersey Turnpike between NY and Jersey.

Again you Eagles fans want to say that the DL was the ONLY and SOLE reason they won which objective Giant fans like myself will not conceed because guys like Eli and Tyree played a huge part in the win. The defensive line was the reason the Giants were able to hold NE to 14 points. And as a UNIT were the most valuable to the team. But MVP goes to the single player and Eli was the right choice for that.

Honestly this argument seems like a bashing Eli or a refusal to give Eli credit. It really doesn't seem to me to be about the DL at all. It's more of a refusal to admit that Eli had a 95 qb rating in the playoffs and lead the Giants on a game winning drive in the superbowl, and along with Joe Montana is the only qb in superbowl history to throw two fourth quarter touchdown passes.

See I disagree on one of those counts. The Dallas game was won because the Cowboys didn't make plays and the Giants did. I think that was the Giants worst performance of the post season. But it was good enough to win. I thought they got too conservitive in the second half though.

But there is no doubt the Giants beat NE. They didn't get lucky if anything NE was lucky to be in that game. The Giants squandered several scoring chances in the first half and then late in the fourth they had a chance to take a two possession lead and Eli and Plax miscommunicated on a route. That game could have easily been a 2 or 3 td win and probably should have been.

Although I think you guys dominated TB and you beat us fair and square. The missed field goals kept us in the game also the giants settling for field goals. I think the O line for the giants played outstanding also like the d line did. Yeah they did get conservative in the last 3 minutes against dallas. They ran the ball on third and 5 which could have put dallas away for good if they passed the ball.

Again you Eagles fans want to say that the DL was the ONLY and SOLE reason they won which objective Giant fans like myself will not conceed because guys like Eli and Tyree played a huge part in the win. The defensive line was the reason the Giants were able to hold NE to 14 points. And as a UNIT were the most valuable to the team. But MVP goes to the single player and Eli was the right choice for that.

Honestly this argument seems like a bashing Eli or a refusal to give Eli credit. It really doesn't seem to me to be about the DL at all. It's more of a refusal to admit that Eli had a 95 qb rating in the playoffs and lead the Giants on a game winning drive in the superbowl, and along with Joe Montana is the only qb in superbowl history to throw two fourth quarter touchdown passes.

that's EXACTLY what this is all about...Eli walked off the field with a new Caddy as MVP while McNabb walked off with dried vomit on his cleats....one word sums up this back and forth : "JEALOUSLY"

Well, he certainly didn't help them lose and he did play pretty well. The D-line did win that game though, and theres little to no doubt about it. I don't know how anyone could deny it

I want to apologize for categorizing all Giants fans the same. Congrats on the win and hopefully the Eagles can get one soon.

I don't think I've ever seen a Giant fan keep it real like that.

I want to apologize for categorizing all Giants fans the same. Congrats on the win and hopefully the Eagles can get one soon.

I don't think I've ever seen a Giant fan keep it real like that.

Most Giants fans acknowledge that the DL was the biggest contributer as a unit and they were main the reason that the Giants allowed only 14 points but again, we just refuse to withhold credit from guys like Eli who obviously deserve some of it. Those lineman didn't do it all by themselves.

Dude- get your head outta your arse!!

The line wasn't the only reason you won. It was the main reason you won. I think if you replace Eli/Tyree With Garrard/R. Williams you still win that game. If you take away anybody on the line away it affects that mean a$$ pass rush and you get beat easily by 40.

This whole thing started after you guys won the SB and started saying that Eli was the best QB off all time. Everyone who watched saw that Brady played the entire game from his back.

I've seen people give Eli his credit. I've even given the man credit by saying that he was given a game plan and did an excellent job executing it.. Eli isn't a difference maker if you ask me. He managed the game. Not saying he's a Dilfer/Brad Johnson type but he ain't no Brady, Peyton, Montana or Elway either.

that's EXACTLY what this is all about...Eli walked off the field with a new Caddy as MVP while McNabb walked off with dried vomit on his cleats....one word sums up this back and forth : "JEALOUSLY"

Eli signed a $54 million dollar deal while Mcnabbs 1st contract was $53 million and got extended for $112 million

I think he can buy more Caddy's than Eli and put get the Custom paint job the says "MVP" on there (in other words- who cares)

You must be really JEALOUS of McNabb because you always bring him up when someone talks about Eli

Jaguars fan: I think the Jags are going to be contenders this year

Rich: So what, Mcnabb vomits

Cowboys Fan: Romo is better the Eli

Rich: So what, at least Eli didn't vomit like McNabb did

Eagles fan: Congrats on the win! dline played lights out

Rich: At least we have a ring and Mcnabb vomits

Eli signed a $54 million dollar deal while Mcnabbs 1st contract was $53 million and got extended for $112 million

I think he can buy more Caddy's than Eli and put get the Custom paint job the says "MVP" on there (in other words- who cares)

You must be really JEALOUS of McNabb because you always bring him up when someone talks about Eli

:roll:

good one

but in all seriousness, when Eagle fans are saying Eli was lucky or Eli gets no credit in the SB or the games leading up to it, they are just being bitter and jealous that their QB--who still might be a better player for now--didn't get a ring and Eli did...

good one

but in all seriousness, when Eagle fans are saying Eli was lucky or Eli gets no credit in the SB or the games leading up to it, they are just being bitter and jealous that their QB--who still might be a better player for now--didn't get a ring and Eli did...

He is better

It's not a debate outside of the Turnpike

He is better

he's been in the league almost 10 years..he should be better...

too bad he's gonna retire with the same # of SB rings as you and me though....

:rolleyes:

He is better

See but he's really not. He hasn't been elite since 2004 and he hasn't been elite consistantly throughout his career either. I'd take Eli over McNabb ESPECIALLY now that McNabb's lost his mobility. Qb ratings don't really impress me as much as wins do. Eli's lead the Giants to 33 wins over the past 3 seasons and he hasn't missed a single game where as the Eagles have only made the playoffs once in the last three years and McNabb's only been able to finish one of them.

See, thats what this is about. Eli vs. McNabb.

Hey McNabb had one of the best defenses in the entire nfl from 2001 to 2004 how come he couldn't lead the Eagles to a superbowl win? If Eli's so deficant and he's such a system quarterback why was he able to do what McNabb wasn't?

Dude- get your head outta your arse!!

The line wasn't the only reason you won. It was the main reason you won. I think if you replace Eli/Tyree With Garrard/R. Williams you still win that game. If you take away anybody on the line away it affects that mean a$$ pass rush and you get beat easily by 40.

This whole thing started after you guys won the SB and started saying that Eli was the best QB off all time. Everyone who watched saw that Brady played the entire game from his back.

I've seen people give Eli his credit. I've even given the man credit by saying that he was given a game plan and did an excellent job executing it.. Eli isn't a difference maker if you ask me. He managed the game. Not saying he's a Dilfer/Brad Johnson type but he ain't no Brady, Peyton, Montana or Elway either.

Beat by 40? Lol. Way to give the Giants team absolutely no credit at all. You are a true Eagles homer and it showed during this post more then any others.

Btw, you say Eli's not a difference maker? Did you not see him escape and toss that pass to Tyree? Because if he gets sacked on that play the Giants didn't win the superbowl. Did you see him put up a 95 qb rating in the playoffs? Or were you on vacation... Your living in denial. Eli's good, especially in the clutch.

Hey McNabb had one of the best defenses in the entire nfl from 2001 to 2004 how come he couldn't lead the Eagles to a superbowl win? If Eli's so deficant and he's such a system quarterback why was he able to do what McNabb wasn't?

we have a winner...see my above post about the bitterness

we have a winner...see my above post about the bitterness

I read it. It's obvious that he is along with many other Eagles fans bitter and instead of accepting things they are trying to rationalize their bitterness by putting Eli down.

The Eagles could easily win a superbowl in the next couple of years and then they wouldn't have to be bitter anymore. But i'd rather see the Giants win another :thumbsup:

I read it. It's obvious that he is along with many other Eagles fans bitter and instead of accepting things they are trying to rationalize their bitterness by putting Eli down.

The Eagles could easily win a superbowl in the next couple of years and then they wouldn't have to be bitter anymore. But i'd rather see the Giants win another :thumbsup:

Reese has them built in a very short time to compete for another over the next few seasons...and in today's NFL, that's all you can ask for...in a year or 2 Philly is gonna switch QB's so at that point you can count them out...so the fans are more impatient than ever now...

he's been in the league almost 10 years..he should be better...

too bad he's gonna retire with the same # of SB rings as you and me though....

:rolleyes:

As much as you cry and weep when someone talks about Eli, I thought you played for the Gmen and got one.

No Offense but I think you're dumb.

Obviously you didn't read the post I was responding to Where Rich clearly attacked Mcnabb about the MVP Cadillac

We had Great defenses during those years but there's someone called a coach who calls plays and Andy did a horrible job at the most in-opportune times.

It's never been Eli vs McNabb until you num-nunts decided to say Eli is the best QB in the division which btw is the most assinine statement ever made

Reading is fundemental so I suggest you go back and have someone read what I wrote about Eli and then come back and comment

No Offense but I think you're dumb.

Obviously you didn't read the post I was responding to Where Rich clearly attacked Mcnabb about the MVP Cadillac

We had Great defenses during those years but there's someone called a coach who calls plays and Andy did a horrible job at the most in-opportune times.

It's never been Eli vs McNabb until you num-nunts decided to say Eli is the best QB in the division which btw is the most assinine statement ever made

Reading is fundemental so I suggest you go back and have someone read what I wrote about Eli and then come back and comment

how many times must I say that I am not one thinking Eli is the best in the division...and for what it's worth, neither is Mcnabb....it's Romo now...he had the best regular season of all QB's in the East over the last 2 seasons...

how many times must I say that I am not one thinking Eli is the best in the division...and for what it's worth, neither is Mcnabb....it's Romo now...he had the best regular season of all QB's in the East over the last 2 seasons...

Romo had a great playoff run too. :roll:

b/c he's a ****snacker and mcnabb isn't.

Romo had a great playoff run too. :roll:

since McNabb hasn't seen a playoff game since his choke job in Jacksonville, I had to reduce this to recent regular season performance only to please Les....and even then his boy DMac fails to come out on top....