Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

birdjay

ESPN NFL Power Rankings

13 is not a bad spot but I don't pay attention to power rankings.

13 is not a bad spot but I don't pay attention to power rankings.

You just did this one.... :P

Pretty fair assessment. Not too high not too low. We are in a position to do great things this season.

Power rankings at any point are about as useful as a tissue neatly folded inside an empty donut box....

Power rankings at any point are about as useful as a tissue neatly folded inside an empty donut box....

it's still fun to do.. :D

Whenever i want to check out the Skins on ESPN's power rankings i scroll to the bottom of the page and work my way up, faster that way.

:roll:

Pretty fair overall. Usual suspects at the top and bottom. Generous 6th place ranking for the defending champs. Cowboys in the right spot. Eagles could be a notch or two higher and probably will be during the season; the Skins are still an enigma.

...are about as useful as a tissue neatly folded inside an empty donut box.

dude what the hell is that supposed to mean. that was just horrible

The top spot is the only thing right about these power rankings. The Jets, as much as I hate that team, should be higher, so should the Raiders and Browns. Check out my Top Ten Power-Rankings these are for real:

1. Patriots - You know with Tom Brady this team will never fail

2. Cowboys - Though they may not make the Superbowl b'cause of their choking QB, they'll make the playoffs

3. Chargers - I'm always doubting this team, but they impress me every year, the defense is good enough to get them to the playoffs, with or without LT.

4. Titans - Vince Young will still suck, but they always find ways to win, they will win that divsion this year.

5. Jets - Surprising, right? I'm still kind of hung up on the QB situation out there, but with the money they spent up in FA on those hot players they will be burning up some other teams on the field, except the Patriots of course. Expect them to make a wildcard run in the AFC.

6. Browns - A little above average last year, but they can only improve. I think they will win the AFC North, because of the Steelers big losses and tough schedule.

7. Seahawks - Very underrated team and QB, they make the playoffs every year, don't they?

8. Eagles - McNabb is back! Westbrook is too good, and they over-paid the very overrated Asaunti Samuel[without the Pats big powerful LBing core he will be a pure bust] but expect the rest of the Eagles to pick things up.

9. Raiders - I won't be surprised if they got away with winning at least nine games. I think JaMarcus Russell is gonna surprise a lot of teams.

10. Vikings - If Adrian Petersen is still as good as he was last season, they should make a run for the playoffs.

The top spot is the only thing right about these power rankings. The Jets, as much as I hate that team, should be higher, so should the Raiders and Browns. Check out my Top Ten Power-Rankings these are for real:

2. Cowboys - Though they may not make the Superbowl b'cause of their choking QB, they'll make the playoffs

3. Chargers - I'm always doubting this team, but they impress me every year, the defense is good enough to get them to the playoffs, with or without LT.

4. Titans - Vince Young will still suck, but they always find ways to win, they will win that divsion this year.

5. Jets - Surprising, right? I'm still kind of hung up on the QB situation out there, but with the money they spent up in FA on those hot players they will be burning up some other teams on the field, except the Patriots of course. Expect them to make a wildcard run in the AFC.

6. Browns - A little above average last year, but they can only improve. I think they will win the AFC North, because of the Steelers big losses and tough schedule.

7. Seahawks - Very underrated team and QB, they make the playoffs every year, don't they?

8. Eagles - McNabb is back! Westbrook is too good, and they over-paid the very overrated Asaunti Samuel[without the Pats big powerful LBing core he will be a pure bust] but expect the rest of the Eagles to pick things up.

9. Raiders - I won't be surprised if they got away with winning at least nine games. I think JaMarcus Russell is gonna surprise a lot of teams.

10. Vikings - If Adrian Petersen is still as good as he was last season, they should make a run for the playoffs.

I stopped reading when I saw the Cowboys ranked 2nd.

Yeah. when Romo dropped those passes from himself on what could have been 2 td's and then quit running on the 2nd to last play of the game, he f'n blew it!

The cowboys should not be 2nd, maybe 4th, 5th or so, and no SB Champs?, but the Eagles 8th?

Yeah. when Romo dropped those passes from himself on what could have been 2 td's and then quit running on the 2nd to last play of the game, he f'n blew it!

The cowboys should not be 2nd, maybe 4th, 5th or so, and no SB Champs?, but the Eagles 8th?

Romo should have anticipated Crayton would pull up lame and adjusted his throw to do the same. :P

Except that one time. Ya know, last February. You might have been too busy ordering your "19-0" memorabilia to notice.

dude what the hell is that supposed to mean. that was just horrible

In other words, it's pointless....

Sorry was that over your head and in need of being simplified?

You got the Jets, Browns, Eagles, Raiders, and Vikings. Over the Jaguars, Steelers, Giants, and Colts? Give me a break.

Those are worse than the Espn rankings. Nothing personal. Jets and Titans. You gotta be high. They arent even in the top 20.

On Seattle...they make the playoffs because the competition in their division is juvenile. Notice how they've only had more than 10 wins once (13 in 05-06, the season they made the superbowl) since their playoff run started in 2003. They are solid, but they greatly benefit from the crap in their division.

On Asante Samuel...if our pass rush performs the way they should (Trent Cole, Juqua Parker, Chris Clemons, Mike Patterson, and Trevor Laws should mean a lot of rushed throws), then I cant see how Asante wont have 8+ picks. You can call him overrated, that's your opinion, but a playmaker is a playmaker. He was a huge need and we needed to overpay for him.

Worst Power Rankings ever!!

Power rankings at this time of year are ridiculuous.

But what is more ridiculous is when next month's version is released, you will see movement between the teams even though no games have played.

ESPN is inaccurate, it's mostly based on stuff from last year. I AM PSYCHIC! These are right. The Colts didn't make the top ten because the defense is broke down, Marvin Harrison is too old and worn out. He will probably be serving time in prison by the time the season comes up. [Okay maybe not] Without Harrison, Manning is nothing and without that combo the Colts will suck.

The Jets will be the surprise team of the year. They will be like the Patriots when Brady came along, except they won't be winning the Superbowl. Can I ask... what's up with the Dallas bashing? I can't name a team better than them except for the Patriots.