Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AceofSpades

Falcons Release CJ Gaddis

I remember when most here thought Gaddis was going to take over for Dawkins, and Rashard Barksdale was talking trash about Shockey. Then the actual season rolled around, and neither of them has taken a snap in a regular season game.

couldn't hurt to bring him back in as a camp body...that way dawk can spend camp with as few reps as necessary to just get ready...

I remember when most here thought Gaddis was going to take over for Dawkins, and Rashard Barksdale was talking trash about Shockey. Then the actual season rolled around, and neither of them has taken a snap in a regular season game.

STFU go post on the Giants thread, what the F are you doing here?

couldn't hurt to bring him back in as a camp body...that way dawk can spend camp with as few reps as necessary to just get ready...

Why? He already proved he couldn't make the team once, why not give some other young player a shot? You know we are limited in training camp bodies.

Don't overreact McNabb5, he's right about Gaddis. Everyone loved him because he was an athletic safety from Clemson, so he was hyped into the next Dawkins. Then we didn't bother to retain him. Barksdale seemed to have a lot of athletic ability and some decent hands for a corner. Was disappointed when they tried to sneak him onto the Practice Squad and then he was nabbed by Kansas City for their 53-man roster. Didn't follow up to see if he ever got anywhere with KC. Milhouse says he didn't get playing time, but dunno if they were just stashing him deep on the depth chart to develop him (remember, minimal football experience but great athlete and played baseball) or if he was just another KC washout. Anyway, can't say I'm upset with our corner situation now considering we currently have Samuel, Sheppard, Brown and Hanson for the active roster, and Jack Ikeguwono (sp?) safely stashed on IR For a year.

Why am I the sicko, he's the poor sap who's eating them.

That's true. :huh:

Hello Keiw! rpg001.gif

My night in shining armor! :lol:

Guest Cthulhu
My night in shining armor! :lol:

Rub my sword and you'll get good luck. :-)

(well, one of us anyway....)

Rub my sword and you'll get good luck. :-)

(well, one of us anyway....)

:lol::o

I love how we draft a guy off youtube this year, when the only thing that people remember about Gaddis was one hit on a teammate in practice that ended up on youtube.

Barksdale went to KC, and I'm pretty sure he saw limited action in the regular season.

Barksdale went to KC, and I'm pretty sure he saw limited action in the regular season.

Good for him, at least he's resilient. Ive got nothing personal against the guy, and I know you might think its because he was an Eagle, but I would respond that way to any rookie talking trash on a multiple pro bowler. Especially a late rounder who isnt guaranteed a roster spot.

I remember when most here thought Gaddis was going to take over for Dawkins

He's right, it was pretty comical in TATE, how many people were posting that he was the STEAL of the draft and how he was the next Dawkins.

Sadly you are correct. Don't forget all the know-it-alls here who thought McMullen was going to take over for TO as well. TATErs, you just gotta laugh at them.

I'm tooting my own horn here, but When we drafted Gaddis, I immediately said that it was a HORRIBLE pick and got ripped by the TATE hype machine.

The Eagles drafted arguably the worst safety in the entire draft. bad bad miss.

But yea that was funny how taters made the connection Dawkins+ Gaddis+ Clemson= Pro Bowlzz!!111

Basically TATE's rationale always comes down too " Teh coaches like him, he has potential and he went to Clemson!11"

I love how we draft a guy off youtube this year, when the only thing that people remember about Gaddis was one hit on a teammate in practice that ended up on youtube.

Um, we had scouts go personally work out Studebaker. It's not like they are some TATErs that saw a high-light mix and drafted him.

Mihouse, your full of ISH. Some TATErs in the TATE may have hyped Gaddis as an eventual replacement, but not the majority of Eagles fans....Dude was a 5th round pick.... I guess the Giants fans never hype their players...... :rolleyes: NEVER heard of the Rashard Barksdale trash talk about Jeremy Shockey. Shockey's overrated anyway, that dude is as brittle as Lito Sheppard....

I think your :fishing:

:thumbsdown: