Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AceofSpades

Falcons Release CJ Gaddis

I remember when most here thought Gaddis was going to take over for Dawkins, and Rashard Barksdale was talking trash about Shockey. Then the actual season rolled around, and neither of them has taken a snap in a regular season game.

every player the eagles draft is a future probowler while every player the giants cowboys and redskins draft is an idiot or scrub. dont you know this board by now???

Um, we had scouts go personally work out Studebaker. It's not like they are some TATErs that saw a high-light mix and drafted him.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-...08-1527028.html

“Nobody ever heard of this kid, but then his workout started popping up on You Tube and next thing you know, he got super hot and everybody (in the NFL) is looking at him,” Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said. "If it wasn't for You Tube, he probably wouldn't have been drafted.”

Mihouse, your full of ISH. Some TATErs in the TATE may have hyped Gaddis as an eventual replacement, but not the majority of Eagles fans....Dude was a 5th round pick.... I guess the Giants fans never hype their players...... :rolleyes: NEVER heard of the Rashard Barksdale trash talk about Jeremy Shockey. Shockey's overrated anyway, that dude is as brittle as Lito Sheppard....

I think your :fishing:

:thumbsdown:

Sorry McMarc, but after the draft, all of TATE was screaming about how Gaddis was going to take over for Dawk. Anyone who questioned the pick was told to go be a fan of another team.

couldn't hurt to bring him back in as a camp body...that way dawk can spend camp with as few reps as necessary to just get ready...

Camp battles are a good thing. Never hurts to have battles at any position. Battles at every position is good, makes the team better and creates a certian competivness in everybody.

I was torn a new one for even suggesting that Gaddis really did not have much to do with CJ's lack of production in GT/Clemson games.

Gaddis is a jack of all trades: better than average at everything but great at nothing.

He should have stayed one year longer so that he could develop something that would separate him from the pack.

Sorry McMarc, but after the draft, all of TATE was screaming about how Gaddis was going to take over for Dawk. Anyone who questioned the pick was told to go be a fan of another team.

Exactly...

Everybody thought that since he had the Clemson connection with Dawkins that he was the guaranteed heir apparent...

Problem was, all who said it forgot to check and see if he could play....Then those that did research and came back here and said he should've stayed in school were told they didn't know what they were talking about...

If Gaddis was ready to play at this level 1) Do you think the Eagles would've cut him? or 2) Do you think he would've stayed on Atlanta's practice squad all season?

I remember when most here thought Gaddis was going to take over for Dawkins, and Rashard Barksdale was talking trash about Shockey. Then the actual season rolled around, and neither of them has taken a snap in a regular season game.

those were good times :-)

I remember when all Giants fans loved T. Barber, now they blast him.

Mihouse, your full of ISH. Some TATErs in the TATE may have hyped Gaddis as an eventual replacement, but not the majority of Eagles fans....Dude was a 5th round pick.... I guess the Giants fans never hype their players...... :rolleyes: NEVER heard of the Rashard Barksdale trash talk about Jeremy Shockey. Shockey's overrated anyway, that dude is as brittle as Lito Sheppard....

I think your :fishing:

:thumbsdown:

Not fishing at all, Barksdale did talk a huge amount of trash on Shockey. On WIP they asked him if he was a Giants fan because he went to SUNY Albany, and he said something along the lines of "No, I hate the Giants, always have. Especially Shockey. He's overrated and I cant wait to play him". People here will tell you that while I like to mix it up with you clowns, Im actually a decent guy who doesnt just make **** up.

I remember when all Giants fans loved T. Barber, now they blast him.

Yeah, OK, but what does this have to do with Reid and Heckert treating the draft like its a place to find camp bodies?

Not fishing at all, Barksdale did talk a huge amount of trash on Shockey. On WIP they asked him if he was a Giants fan because he went to SUNY Albany, and he said something along the lines of "No, I hate the Giants, always have. Especially Shockey. He's overrated and I cant wait to play him". People here will tell you that while I like to mix it up with you clowns, Im actually a decent guy who doesnt just make **** up.

Yeah, OK, but what does this have to do with Reid and Heckert treating the draft like its a place to find camp bodies?

Barksdale did say that, but weren't some of you Giant fans calling Shockey overrated this year when Boss was playing well? Maybe not you in particular, but I could've sworn I heard/seen it a few times.

Barksdale did say that, but weren't some of you Giant fans calling Shockey overrated this year when Boss was playing well? Maybe not you in particular, but I could've sworn I heard/seen it a few times.

A lot of Giants fans feel that Shockey is expendable because Boss played well. I happen to feel that it isnt as simple as "Shockey got hurt, Eli played better". Thats a very elementary view of an offense that over-values the impact of a TE on an offense as a whole. And while fans may call a player overrated or outright say they blow, thats what a fan does. Players will make those claims from time to time as well, but its almost always an established player with some clout, not a late round pick from a small school calling out a multiple pro bowler. Thats absurd. I was pulling for Barksdale to make your team just so he would get his chance to make good on his words.

Just a side comment on the Shockey topic....

For people to say that the Giants would be a better team without Shockey is ridiculous in my opinion....

Yes Kevin Boss came in and did what he was supposed to do and they won the Super Bowl without him...But that's over a handful of games not an entire season....I honestly don't believe the Giants would be a better team without Shockey....

But for Barksdale to call him out......Not the smartest move he ever could've made....If he would've made the roster last year, I'm sure Shockey would've been looking for him to add him to his highlight reel....

I do not believe that Boss is a better TE than Shockey.

But I do believe the Giants are a better team with Boss as the #1 TE.

Barksdale played in a couple of games for the Chiefs last year.

still think they should give CJ a shot, why not? if he doesnt make it then he can go on the practice squad again or he beat somone else out and helps out on special teams, its a win win

STFU go post on the Giants thread, what the F are you doing here?
Serving as a counter-balance to all of the moron Eagles fans that post here.

Anyways, yes, Gaddis is prime example of when you should stay another year to build up your draft stock as well as your skill set.

Serving as a counter-balance to all of the moron Eagles fans that post here.

Anyways, yes, Gaddis is prime example of when you should stay another year to build up your draft stock as well as your skill set.

You're far from a counter-balance to anything stupid. You're a f'ing retar*

You're far from a counter-balance to anything stupid. You're a f'ing retar*
I didn't say I was serving as a counter-balance. I meant the Giants fans who post here serve as a counter-balance to all of the idiot Eagles fans (such as yourself). Then again I wouldn't expect you to beable to properly interpret my post. Tool.