Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brotherd

uk eagles fan

Loved my time in the US in September. The Eagles game was highlight of the holiday. Shame we lost to the Giants, great stadium, great fans and great food!

Thank you for having me and I'll be back!

British Eagles coming to Philly in 2013. Gona bring the house down lol and watch as the Eagles win another game on the road to their 2 consecutive Superbowl win :P

Things are still on the up for British Eagles with close to 70 members (69) and the website now at 229,655 hits we behind the scenes cannot wait to see where we go next.

We’ve had new articles coming in from our resident game reviewer Ali and also new boy on the block Matthew so why not take a read.

The planned 2013 trip has also taken a step forward with a Hotel now sorted, and approximate costs have also started to be calculated. We have also tee’d it up with Chickies and Petes (Philly Cheesesteak Cookhouse) who will also be sorting the British Eagles out when we arrive in Philly. What’s more we have about 12 members currently up for the trip which will make for quite an outing.

During the off-season we plan to keep the articles coming thick and fast. We’ll also be taking a look at the combine. Finally lookout for a fantasy themed help article for all the greenhorns taking part in the 2012/13 fantasy season, battle for the Van Buren Trophy.

Only a small update this time, but trust me the British Eagles are growing as an organisation and we’re proud of what we’ve achieved thus far.

www.BritishEagles.co.uk

My name is Simon and I support the Eagles.

I?ve been an NFL fan for 5 years but until last Thursday I did not support a team. So how come I?m now proudly supporting the Eagles? The story of how I reached this point is a long and hopefully, interesting one.

It started in early January, when I decided that as much as I loved watching the NFL, I needed a team to support. I?m a big fan of Gillingham FC and know the lows and occasional highs that supporting a team can bring, it?s a feeling that I wanted from my NFL supporting life. But how could I pick a team? I?d tried before to support teams ? but my attempts to be a Chargers or 49ers fans were half hearted at best, and I felt no real connection with the teams. I decided to rectify the situation by deciding which teams I couldn?t support and eliminating them one at a time. Eliminate 31 teams and you?re left with your ideal team! What?s more -I decided to write a blog about my journey.

Philadelphia Eagles, A Team For Life - Full Article

A lot of revelations in recent weeks for the British Eagles so it seems a good time to give you all a quick update.

First and foremost the trip to Philly by the British Eagles has taken a good few steps forward in recent weeks with the Eagles saying they would hope to give us an allocation of tickets in 2013 along with a tour of the Linc and various other little tidbits to show their appreciation to fans across the pond.

As you know the hotel has been sorted, as has a place to eat and drink. So come Jan 2013, all we will need to do is book the thing so looking forward to that indeed.

The Fantasy League has also had another prize added to the collection, a piece of Eagles memorabilia which once received I’ll add a picture as soon as. Thanks to Poorya from the Eagles for keeping in contact with the British Eagles and helping to make a lot happen for us.

We’ve had some crushing news too with Peters going down with injury. Philly wasted no time in signing Bell as a replacement, although I worry as to how well he can do in Jason’s place.

We’ve also seen the new Eagles jersey, granted not a great deal has changed although they’ll fit a bit better on your body and NO MORE CHEAP SCREENIES.

We’ve had our ‘Pessimistic’ Eagle, Stu have a look at why Vick isn’t the way to go at QB and likewise for Bell in Peters place. Reading not for the faint of heart, but heck Eagles fans are used to pessimism, right?

We have also now well and truly smashed past 300,000 website hits with the count nowt at 324,189 and our members have now reached 78, not long until triple fingers on that front and I’m hoping to get 1,000,000 website hits before Week 1 of the 2012 season

-Matty

www.BritishEagles.co.uk

The British Eagles are counting down fifty of Philadelphia’s greatest ever players. You’r going to see the likes of Eric Allen, Cunningham, Van Buren down to the more modern likes of McNabb, Westbrook, Dawkins heck maybe even McCoy, Vick or Jackson.

Each week we’ll reveal a new Eagle, give you a quick run down of the player, how they played the game in Philly, some stats and why they made it into our Top 50.

What’s more the list isn’t going to made by me in all honesty, but instead I’m going to get as much input from you guys (our members) as to who should be next.

Kicking things off with Member #001….. picking #50

#50 – Sheldon Brown CB (South Carolina)

Read On --------->

With the British Eagles now boasting three spectacular prizes in the form of a unique painting of Chuck Bednarik, a ?50 voucher to use at Great American Sports (for the winner of the newly founded BE Championship) & of course a full size Eagles helmet signed by Wide Receiver DeSean Jackson.

NFL.com?s fantasy flood gates will be opening in a couple of weeks time, so I thought it?d be best to get names down for the next season of British Eagles fantasy football so we?re all set for when we can start sending out the invites.

With the formation of the two sister leagues (British Eagles League & British Eagles Championship) we?ll be taking the total number of players participating in this years league and splitting them right down the middle and placing you all into the two separate competitions.

Relegation and Promotion will now take place with the bottom two (or three dependant on numbers) in the League being relegated and the same said the other way for the top two of the Championship going up to face bigger and better foes in the League.

The names and teams of the 2011 League have already been given a free ticket into the League and as long as everyone wishes to return we will have at the very LEAST ten players this year, although we are hoping for a good deal more teams entering the 2012 leagues.

So if you want to face off against the likes of Riffman?s Flops the 2011 champs and the Finedon Highlanders, current holders of the Wooden Spoon Trophy (or the Jermoe McDougle Trophy) then click HERE, sign-up and get ready for fantasy football.

SIGN-UPS - http://britisheagles.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82

BRITISH EAGLES ARTICLE - http://britisheagles.co.uk/?p=796

Many franchises have quite rich histories, both in terms of the players, location and of course the jerseys that they put on come gameday.

Phillie are of course no different and since 1933 they have seen themselves wearing numerous different jerseys be it Green, White, Black or… Yellow & Gold.

We thought we’d take a step back through time, sift through all those jerseys and give you all our favourite five.

Read On --------> http://britisheagles.co.uk/?p=851

Michael Vick’s thumb injury scare was the key talking point from the Eagles 24-23 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in their first preseason game of 2012.

After an offseason of discussion about Vick’s ability to play 16 games, he managed to inflict a freak injury upon himself by hitting his hand on Jason Kelce’s helmet when following through on a throw in the second quarter of the game at Lincoln Financial Field. Vick sat with his thumb in a cup full of ice for most of the game. X-rays have proven negative and it is thought that Vick could return to practise on Saturday.

Read On -------> http://britisheagles.co.uk/?p=1092

Hi all. I am going to be in London next week for the opening game versus Cleveland. I am staying in Tralfagar Square. Does anyone know what bar can I go to in order to catch the game?

How it going guys Irish Eagles fan here, finally decided to join the forum, can't wait for the giants game Sunday and to see the legendary Brian Dawkins get his number retired

It’s that time again, competition time here in the British Eagles family abode (the forums) and the Philadelphia Eagles have sent us another corker for our members to tussle over.

Another ball, but this time signed by DeSean Jackson… as we all remember our last prize featured a Jason Babin signed ball, the same Babin who two weeks later found himself cut from the team. So please do not be at all surprised to hear of DJax’s impending trade next week… I kid the lad is undoubtedly an Eagle come 2013.

To win the ball it’s simple, post a reply on this thread saying I WANT THE BALL

Easy…. so good luck

Hello fellow eagles

Been signed up here a while but this is my first post...first of all im from Manchester, England. Secondly im a big sports fan, i am a massive Oldham Athletic fan (uk soccer team...i forgive all that have never heard of them) and also a Eagles fan. Ive had an interest in the eagles since 2010 and i finally got to see them last year at Tampa Bay which was an awesome experience. I just thought i would introduce myself as i will continue to log on to get my eagles fix

Thanks

Gooday Mate, let's put anotha shrimp on tha barbi!

That's a lovely accent you have...New Jersey?

Austria

ah, good day mate!

Hello fellow eagles

Been signed up here a while but this is my first post...first of all im from Manchester, England. Secondly im a big sports fan, i am a massive Oldham Athletic fan (uk soccer team...i forgive all that have never heard of them) and also a Eagles fan. Ive had an interest in the eagles since 2010 and i finally got to see them last year at Tampa Bay which was an awesome experience. I just thought i would introduce myself as i will continue to log on to get my eagles fix

Thanks

You wouldn't be one of dem'dar Hooligans would you? We used to have them, called'em the members of the 700 club, or was that some evangilist TV station....I forget. Anyhu, kinda wrecked their party when they demolished the ole'Vet and put up the corporate snob box Lincoln Financial Field. Well, please come to Philly when you get the chance, if you haven't already, you're guaranteed to want to go back to England. Glad to hear you're a Eagles fan, we pride ourselves on booing our star players and throwing snow balls at Santy Claus. Cherioes!

Any London Eagles fans?

I've travelled over the last 2 years for a home game. Hoping to keep up the tradition this season.

If anyone is interested my first game was Cowboys 34-6 in 2011.

Last season was home to Panthers. I was holding the "THIS IS ON YOU JEFF" banner at the end of the game!

Any London Eagles fans?

I've travelled over the last 2 years for a home game. Hoping to keep up the tradition this season.

If anyone is interested my first game was Cowboys 34-6 in 2011.

Last season was home to Panthers. I was holding the "THIS IS ON YOU JEFF" banner at the end of the game!

London Eagle here! Just wondering how much does it cost to travel over for a game and stay the night + ticket prices etc? Always been interested in doing it

London Eagle here! Just wondering how much does it cost to travel over for a game and stay the night + ticket prices etc? Always been interested in doing it

Hey, flights direct from Heathrow are about £450-£550 if you get a good deal. I was lucky that I spoke to an Eagles fan from New Jersey on the web and she actually let me stay with her and took me to the game! (Best fans in the world!) The game ticket was about $70 going up to about $200 I think. She paid for that to so I'm not sure.

If you do go, you have to tailgate at the game. It's the best sporting event I've ever been to. Let me know if I can help some more. Where in London are you?

Planning on coming to the Chiefs game, haha if anyone wants to put me up for a few nights like you McAvoy then i'll be more than happy to accept said generosity... haha

Planning on coming to the Chiefs game, haha if anyone wants to put me up for a few nights like you McAvoy then i'll be more than happy to accept said generosity... haha

Yeah you just try and sort yourself out and don't worry about the rest of us!

Ha ha, put a shout out online. Someone will normally respond! That will be a good game to though

Where do people watch Eagles games in London? I normally watch them at home but would be good to know if there is somewhere like minded people meet up!

we dont want piers morgan, you can keep shakespeare too!

Just give us your $1 super saver menus, that would work out about 60p for a delicious bacon grill

oh and im also from the UK, Eagles are rarely on Sky Sports (premium sports channel) so i have to do some illegal streaming unfortunately