Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegito61283

Where would you

Same thing they had on NFL.com, but I wanted to try and do something different. I wanted to try and do the rankings now, then the first week of Pre-season, then the Beginning of the season and then week 8 of the season. See how it differs through each checkpoint.

Eagles

Jaguars

Cowboys

Browns

Chargers

Colts

Patriots

Steelers

Packers

Giants

Vikings

Ravens

Broncos

Seahawks

Saints

Bengals

Rams

Titans

Lions

Redskins

Jets

Bears

Bucs

Cardinals

Panthers

Bills

Raiders

Chiefs

Texans

49ers

Falcons

Dolphins

What do you think? I know there is some disagreement among myself, but I feel pretty confident that I wont have to make any changes but 3 or 4.

Give your rankings and lets see how many people we can get to do this.

Damn dude you have the lions ranked higher then the Redskins? Give us a tiny bit of respect at least.

I do give you a lot of respect. It is just now the Lions are finally looking to work on their team by adding players to other positions other than WR. You look at last year at where they were in the game and would have won it if for not the positions they finally upgraded. I just think they will be a tiny bit better than the skins. Next year will be different for the skins though. They will be a beast and the entire East will be a complete battlefield like never seen before in the NFL.

Damn dude you have the lions ranked higher then the Redskins? Give us a tiny bit of respect at least.

He also has the Browns and Eagles ahead of the Pats.

And lucky junior i just want to tell you that you guys got one hell of a defensive coordinator and your defense should be top 5 easily.

I am more excited about this team than I have been in years and we have been good for the past few years.

hey everyone, i just put this up to see what everyone thought and to see where you all would put the teams. please do that and not get personal. my list was just my opinion and feeling where everyone would be. please do the same

Homerism at its finest in this thread!

In reality, I would say the top 10 would probably look more like this...

1. Patriots

2. Colts

3. Giants

4. Cowboys

5. Jaguars

6. Chargers

7. Steelers

8. Vikings

9. Browns

10. Saints

1. Patriots

2. Cowboys

3. Chargers

4. Colts

5. Jaguars

6. Giants

Then, after that, you have a grouping of about 10 teams that are all the same to me......

Browns

Eagles

Titans

Vikings

Saints

Steelers

Broncos

Bills

Seahawks

Packers

Homerism at its finest in this thread!

In reality, I would say the top 10 would probably look more like this...

1. Patriots

2. Colts

3. Giants

4. Cowboys

5. Jaguars

6. Chargers

7. Steelers

8. Vikings

9. Browns

10. Saints

finally. people who actually who did this right. I just cant but think though you didnt think about the offseason losses and additions to each team.but still, good lists finally.

1. Patriots

2. Cowboys

3. Chargers

4. Colts

5. Jaguars

6. Giants

Then, after that, you have a grouping of about 10 teams that are all the same to me......

Browns

Eagles

Titans

Vikings

Saints

Steelers

Broncos

Bills

Seahawks

Packers

This is what I've got for the playoffs and a little of why.

1- Colts (Gonzo in yr two has a big year, didn’t lose much in the offseason, and a healthier team beats NE)

2- Saints (The NFC champ is a difficult team it is either the Saints due to a healthy Deuce, an improved defense, and a weak division and schedule gets homefield throughout playoffs, they are also close to last in the division allowing them to make that jump to division champ)

3- Patriots (These A-holes play in a crappy division guaranteed to win 5 games there, play the NFC West guaranteed another 3 games, and play the AFC West another weak division winning 3 games there…)

4- Jaguars (David does what he does, good running backs, great D but not enough to beat the Colts)

5- Seahawks (Another case of a weak division and playing weak divisions allowing a decent team to get home-field until they travel to NO, but also an improved running game and a need to win for Matt)

6- Steelers (A fantastic draft, a team that underperformed and division though second best in the AFC that shouldn’t give them too many problems. Why they are only the #4 team in the AFC they play the NFC east where they lose 2 games)

7- Cowboys (As much as I hate to say this They lose 3 games in our division two from the AFC north and one from the NFC North, they go to Seattle and find it way to difficult to play and Romo fumbles again)

8- Chargers (Injuries, straining relationships, and more disappointment in the post season as Pocket Hercules lights up "lights Out”, but lucky for them they play the Raiders (2), Chiefs(2), Broncos(2), Falcons, Jets, Dolphins, Bills)

9- Vikings (Jackson makes some mistakes in NO, AD cant get over Hollis and Cedric, A great D-Line and O-Line, I should mention I love Brad Childress football, dominates the North but not enough to get out of NO alive)

10- Eagles (A defense that should be top 3, a healthy Donovan, better starting field position via DeSean, Demps and Booker, Reggie dropping 30% fewer balls, using the TE more, but when we meet the Vikings in the dome our OL breaks down a bit forcing a turnover and Childress football takes over)

11- Browns (This is difficult for me because I could also see the Texans, that’s right, here but the Browns offense against weaker opponents, and a slightly improved D however an absent draft (with the exception of Bell, a man who tied Cunningham’s record at UNLV for most Mountain West Player of the Week awards) and an aging team keeps them from moving past the Steelers at Ketchup field)

12- Giants (By virtue of the NFC east being the best division in football three of our teams again make it, the champs had a good run but they won’t get out of Dallas this time around)

Teams that just miss the playoffs

Texans (Healthy QB, WR and RB would make them a contender)

Rams (If healthy I can see them in this group)

Panthers (Not an awful team but not enough to contend)

Packers (No Favre but Aaron does some good, the D does well but lose some close games like we did last year)

Broncos (usually about here)

Bills (Another health issue and D needs another year with this team)

Buccaneers (good team who may contend but likely not)

Teams below .500 but somewhat close to playoff runs

Redskins (a good team but needs a year under Zorn to contend)

Ravens (Brawling, a new coach, a MVP that kills people talking too much, a QB under pressure)

Cardinals (Matt needs to work on his feet)

Titans (What weapons do they have on offense?, not enough for that division)

Lions (No OL, a shaky QB)

Jets (I thought they were the worst team in football at times last year, this year some improvement but not enough for that division)

Bengals (Could be lower due to team issues but they have so much firepower on offense it can save them)

Teams with no shot

Bears (Decent defense and Devin Hester)

Dolphins (Improved but QB issues still and on defense, give them another year)

Falcons (Arthur Blank is still swimming for a team, still re-building)

49ers (Frank Gore and Patrick Willis aren’t a team)

Raiders (Worst franchis in football)

Chiefs (Very young team who will likely take another good draft and then become a contender)

I am more excited about this team than I have been in years and we have been good for the past few years.

Gregg Williams always runs superbowl caliber defenses. He has been our one constant strength in Washington the last 4 years (minus 2006 when the whole team blew).

Lot of people buying into Jacksonville.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I like del Rio, but they need to put it together on the field.

Lot of people buying into Jacksonville.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I like del Rio, but they need to put it together on the field.

Based on an offence that was 2nd in rushing, 6th in scoring, and 7th in total yards and a defense that was 10th in scoring, 12th in total yards and a even (0) turnover ratio. Based on those numbers it's easy to see why many people like the Jag's chance of making the playoffs (also made it 2 of last 3 years). They did loose Knight and Stroud but added Florence and two decent receivers (Williamson and Porter).

Patriots

Eagles

Giants

Colts

Jaguars

Cowboys

Chargers

Vikings

Browns

Packers

Seahawks

Redskins

Steelers

Broncos

Saints

Bills

Bengals

Titans

Lions

Jets

Bucs

Bears

Cardinals

Texans

Rams

Panthers

Ravens

49ers

Chiefs

Raiders

Dolphins

Falcons

Cant crown the Eagles #1 just yet.

Come on, these are always a joke. You have Eagles fans ranking the Eagles in the top 3 and you have Giants fans ranking the Giants in the top 3 when they weren't even a top 3 team LAST year. They aren't going to get better. They had a good run in the playoffs, awesome but they are in no way a top 3 team.

To the original poster: what is your defense of putting the Eagles #1?

To the Giants fan who ranked the Giants #3, what is your defense for that? Winning the Super Bowl last year is not a reason.

I think the pats will still be the most dominant team for years to come. I think maybe the colts will be decent, jags, chargers and in the nfc it will be dallas, philly possibly the saints will be dominant.

Guest joruz

That NFL ranking made me think. Even as an Eagles fan I only ranked them 10th.

Come on, these are always a joke. You have Eagles fans ranking the Eagles in the top 3 and you have Giants fans ranking the Giants in the top 3 when they weren't even a top 3 team LAST year. They aren't going to get better. They had a good run in the playoffs, awesome but they are in no way a top 3 team.

To the original poster: what is your defense of putting the Eagles #1?

To the Giants fan who ranked the Giants #3, what is your defense for that? Winning the Super Bowl last year is not a reason.

Winning the Super Bowl is generally the besdt reason for ranking a team in the top 3 than just about anything else you could come up with. Are you really that dumb, or are you just playing around? How about going 14-6 and winning the biggest game of the year against an 18-0 team? That work for you? How about 10 straight road wins? Beating the #1 and #2 teams in their stadiums on their way to the Super Bowl, enough of a reason for you?

Explain how anyone can put an 8-8 Eagle team in the top three unless of course they are either 5 years old or a meth addict.

Winning the Super Bowl is generally the besdt reason for ranking a team in the top 3 than just about anything else you could come up with. Are you really that dumb, or are you just playing around? How about going 14-6 and winning the biggest game of the year against an 18-0 team? That work for you? How about 10 straight road wins? Beating the #1 and #2 teams in their stadiums on their way to the Super Bowl, enough of a reason for you?

Explain how anyone can put an 8-8 Eagle team in the top three unless of course they are either 5 years old or a meth addict.

your mum haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa burn!!!!

The Giants got hot in the playoffs. I think that has been established. They were also blown out in their own stadium a few times and couldn't win in their own stadium. They just aren't a top 3 team. You are trying to tell me that right now the Giants are better than the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Chargers, etc? I'm not buying it. They got big games from RBs who could very easily be a non-factor this season along with an inconsistent QB who is nothing spectacular. That is the reason they will be known as a "cinderella" team. Do you know what normally happens to Cinderella teams? They suck the following year. A perfect example of an average team coming together at the right time is the Colorado Rockies. They made the World Series last season but are in no way a top team. It happens. Enjoy the Super Bowl title but I'm just telling it like it is. The Cowboys, Colts, and Patriots should all DEFINITELY be ahead of the Giants.

I never justified the Eagles being in the top 3 so you can shut up with that.