Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegito61283

Where would you

To the original poster: what is your defense of putting the Eagles #1?

My defense to that is on a consistent basis Philly has a top 10 offense, and during the offseason they not only overhauled the depth of the team, they basically made their already potent defense into probably the best defense in the league. Also you have to look at last year, you take easily half of the losses and throw them away. At least 4 of those, the other team won because of stupid and easily correctible mistakes or just flat out freak plays. They would have been 12-4 easily also if they were actually healthy all season long last year. They are finally healthy now, deeper than probably ever before, much more talent and from what it looks like, a hunger unlike I have seen since 2004.

1 New England

2 NYG

3 Jacksonville

4 Dallas

5 San Diego

6 Indy

7 Eagles

8 Seattle

9Cleveland

10 Pittsburgh

11 Minnisota

12 Green Bay

13 New Orelans

14 Tampa Bay

15 Washington

16 Tennesee

17 Denver

18 Buffalo

19 HOuston

20 Detroit

21 Arizona

22 Chicago

23 Carolina

24 Bengals

25 Miami

26 49ers

27 NYJ

28 Ravens

29 St Louis

30 Kanas City

31 Atlanta

32 Oakland

but i think these teams will make playoffs

1 New England

2 Jacksonville

3 San Diego

4 Cleveland

5 Pittsburgh

6 Indy

1 Dallas

2 Seattle

3 Minnesota

4 New Orleans

5 Phili

6 NYG

My defense to that is on a consistent basis Philly has a top 10 offense, and during the offseason they not only overhauled the depth of the team, they basically made their already potent defense into probably the best defense in the league. Also you have to look at last year, you take easily half of the losses and throw them away. At least 4 of those, the other team won because of stupid and easily correctible mistakes or just flat out freak plays. They would have been 12-4 easily also if they were actually healthy all season long last year. They are finally healthy now, deeper than probably ever before, much more talent and from what it looks like, a hunger unlike I have seen since 2004.

There are still big question marks though. Pretend you weren't an Eagles fan for a second. Are they still number 1?

Wow I see that it appears whoever played in the Super Bowl should always be in the top three. If that's the case shouldn't the Super Bowl always be the same exact matchup? Cause you know, that's the number one determing factor and all.... :lol:

Wow I see that it appears whoever played in the Super Bowl should always be in the top three. If that's the case shouldn't the Super Bowl always be the same exact matchup? Cause you know, that's the number one determing factor and all.... :lol:

Pats should be there, Giants top 7. This guys list is ridiculous, regardless.

How Eagles fans want it to be:

1.Eagles

29. Redskins

30. Giants

31. Cowboys

32. Panthers

Nobody else matters. Except maybe the pats, throw them in at 28, if ya like.

Pats should be there, Giants top 7. This guys list is ridiculous, regardless.

If we are talking the NFC East I would put Cowboys top 5, Giants somewhere between 5-10 and the Redskins and Eagles between 10-15.

If we are talking the NFC East I would put Cowboys top 5, Giants somewhere between 5-10 and the Redskins and Eagles between 10-15.

I could agree with that, simply because it is the best division in the NFC and second best to the AFC South.

Cowboys went 13-3

Giants went 10-6

Redskins went 9-7

Eagles went 8-8

With the exception of Redskins and Eagles, I don't think any of those teams could really "improve" their record.

Colts went 13-3

Jaguars went 11-5

Titans went 10-6

Texans went 8-8

Those two divisions both put three teams into the playoffs.

I'm not gonna rank all 32, so I'll give you my top 5 and where the defending SB champs rank with me :

1. Colts (I can't give the #1 to the Pats anymore, they've lost too much in the defensive backfield and their LB corps should've applied for the AARP this off season. More of the same from the Colts on O, with better production from the D lead by Bob Sanders)

2. Cowboys (you have no idea how much that hurt to type. With Crayton looking like a future #1 WR in the league, who cares what the age is of the other WRs? Their D is punishing and they're set at RB for a looonnng time)

3. Patriots (their offense is the only thing that carries NE this high. As long as they can match their opponent point for point in the first 3 quarters, they should win the majority of their games. That and a hospital cotton soft schedule)

4. Jaguars (I think they've proved that they can hang with one of the toughest teams in the game when they beat Pittsburgh. Gregg Williams can only improve an already strong D.)

5. Pittsburgh (More of the same from a coach that came in with the philosophy of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Tomlin's second year might be a little more trying as the Steelers deal with a division that has improved enough to actually play up to its' competition

6. Giants (That was not Eli at the field general position during the big game. I'm convinced Payton stepped in for him. Strahan possibly retiring [again] could be a bigger distraction than what the team will admit to. This is probably still the deepest team in the league at RB, and that's what'll keep them in games late into the year.)

Where do I place my beloved Eagles? Probably around #9. If I dropped them out of the top 10, I would invite every Eagle fan to Iraq just to place a boot to my rear (yes, a little homerism does live in my heart)

I could agree with that, simply because it is the best division in the NFC and second best to the AFC South.

Cowboys went 13-3

Giants went 10-6

Redskins went 9-7

Eagles went 8-8

With the exception of Redskins and Eagles, I don't think any of those teams could really "improve" their record.

Colts went 13-3

Jaguars went 11-5

Titans went 10-6

Texans went 8-8

Those two divisions both put three teams into the playoffs.

It's pretty much general consensus, even outside of this EMB, that the NFC East is the best in the league right now.

I think the pats will still be the most dominant team for years to come. I think maybe the colts will be decent, jags, chargers and in the nfc it will be dallas, philly possibly the saints will be dominant.

only until their division becomes competetive, right now they are basically handed 6 wins starting the season every year

No Homerism.......

My top 5

1. Patriots: Even with an Aging defense that offense can still win games, plus they were given the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL.

2. Chargers: IMO it should have been Giants-Chargers in the Superbowl this will be the best team in the AFC next season if they can stay Healthy.

3. Colts: the Jags are getting better but as long as you have Peyton they will make it to the playoffs where he will choke again.

4. Giants: Question marks are still there for Eli Manning, will he be inconsistent? or did he finally arrived.

5. Cowboys: The Most talented team in the NFC, but like ELI Manning Tony Romo seems to fade at the end of the season.

No Homerism.......

My top 5

1. Patriots: Even with an Aging defense that offense can still win games, plus they were given the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL.

2. Chargers: IMO it should have been Giants-Chargers in the Superbowl this will be the best team in the AFC next season if they can stay Healthy.

3. Colts: the Jags are getting better but as long as you have Peyton they will make it to the playoffs where he will choke again.

4. Giants: Question marks are still there for Eli Manning, will he be inconsistent? or did he finally arrived.

5. Cowboys: The Most talented team in the NFC, but like ELI Manning Tony Romo seems to fade at the end of the season.

Even this I can agree with. I would swap Giants and Cowboys though but that is argumental.

The Giants got hot in the playoffs. I think that has been established. They were also blown out in their own stadium a few times and couldn't win in their own stadium. They just aren't a top 3 team. You are trying to tell me that right now the Giants are better than the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Chargers, etc? I'm not buying it. They got big games from RBs who could very easily be a non-factor this season along with an inconsistent QB who is nothing spectacular. That is the reason they will be known as a "cinderella" team. Do you know what normally happens to Cinderella teams? They suck the following year. A perfect example of an average team coming together at the right time is the Colorado Rockies. They made the World Series last season but are in no way a top team. It happens. Enjoy the Super Bowl title but I'm just telling it like it is. The Cowboys, Colts, and Patriots should all DEFINITELY be ahead of the Giants.

I never justified the Eagles being in the top 3 so you can shut up with that.

If you could actual comprehend what I wrote maybe you wouldn't get your panties all twisted. The reasoning is sound, whether or not I believe they are a top three team is not what I'm debating. My post was in response to some dumb arse saying you can't use the Giants winning the Super Bowl as a way of rating them for the following year. If this is too difficult to understand, well I guess there isn't anything else I can do.

Homerism at its finest in this thread!

In reality, I would say the top 10 would probably look more like this...

1. Patriots

2. Colts

3. Giants

4. Cowboys

5. Jaguars

6. Chargers

7. Steelers

8. Vikings

9. Browns

10. Saints

How the hell are the Saints in the top 10. I remember the Eagles beating them and doing better than them last year.

If you could actual comprehend what I wrote maybe you wouldn't get your panties all twisted. The reasoning is sound, whether or not I believe they are a top three team is not what I'm debating. My post was in response to some dumb arse saying you can't use the Giants winning the Super Bowl as a way of rating them for the following year. If this is too difficult to understand, well I guess there isn't anything else I can do.

Winning a Super Bowl shouldn't be used. I said it. That was last year. The Giants have plenty of question marks while teams like the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, and Chargers are in a much better position for the upcoming season. Your opinion may differ. Good for you.

are you sure you are not a giants fan by heart?

Winning a Super Bowl shouldn't be used. I said it. That was last year. The Giants have plenty of question marks while teams like the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, and Chargers are in a much better position for the upcoming season. Your opinion may differ. Good for you.

Now I know you are lost. The Pats have a lot of ? marks on their team since they lost so many. Cowboys have a very big ? mark thanks to Julius Jones leaving there-by all but ending their potent 1-2 punch at RB. Colts I give you and the Chargers, we need to see if the team can finally get past it self.

And by the way, I did those rankings, not because that is what I want them to be, but how I feel it will pan out and from the talks that me and a bunch of co-workers (cowboy, raider, colt, raven, giant, redskin and 49er fans and most older and far wiser than I) and my wife (pat fan) had. Most feel that my rankings were fair. Not all agreed, but said they were fair.

Oh, and the cowboy fan ( actually my boss) said he did agree that Philly should be number one due to the improvements made in the offseason but said that his Cowboys should be tied number one.

And just to let you know so you dont go and say I am just some young kid or something, I am 24 and my wife is 25 and everyone else has at least 10 more years of life and fanship than I.

Are you stupid?

Now I know you are lost. The Pats have a lot of ? marks on their team since they lost so many. Cowboys have a very big ? mark thanks to Julius Jones leaving there-by all but ending their potent 1-2 punch at RB. Colts I give you and the Chargers, we need to see if the team can finally get past it self.

And by the way, I did those rankings, not because that is what I want them to be, but how I feel it will pan out and from the talks that me and a bunch of co-workers (cowboy, raider, colt, raven, giant, redskin and 49er fans and most older and far wiser than I) and my wife (pat fan) had. Most feel that my rankings were fair. Not all agreed, but said they were fair.

Oh, and the cowboy fan ( actually my boss) said he did agree that Philly should be number one due to the improvements made in the offseason but said that his Cowboys should be tied number one.

And just to let you know so you dont go and say I am just some young kid or something, I am 24 and my wife is 25 and everyone else has at least 10 more years of life and fanship than I.

I don't care for your story. Putting the Eagles number 1 is just crazy. If you and your wife, co-workers, boss, mom, butcher, etc. can't see that then maybe you all need to watch more football. You have the Giants at 10, Eagles at 1, the Browns before the Patriots and Colts. There are so many things wrong with that ranking.

I can't get past the Eagles being number 1 and I'm an Eagles fan. I don't even think one person in this thread agreed with the Eagles being number one and you are on the EAGLES MESSAGE BOARD. That should tell you something.

Until the eagle front office as well as the fan base think that year end and year out that the eagles are already "there", then they will never improve enough to actually get "there", you have to know where you are at before you know what needs to be improved on. As Parcells always says "you are what you are".|

i probably wouldn't put the Eagles in the top 10. The Cowboys and Giants are the only two east teams in the top 10 right now.

This is an Eagles board, of course us homers are gonna rank them top ten.

This is an Eagles board, of course us homers are gonna rank them top ten.

No objections to that. The guy having the Eagles number 1 though should get back on the short bus and start working on those airline headsets and stop thinking about football all together.

No objections to that. The guy having the Eagles number 1 though should get back on the short bus and start working on those airline headsets and stop thinking about football all together.

But his wife and co-workers agree with him.