Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegito61283

Where would you

are you sure you are not a giants fan by heart?

Now I know you are lost. The Pats have a lot of ? marks on their team since they lost so many. Cowboys have a very big ? mark thanks to Julius Jones leaving there-by all but ending their potent 1-2 punch at RB. Colts I give you and the Chargers, we need to see if the team can finally get past it self.

And by the way, I did those rankings, not because that is what I want them to be, but how I feel it will pan out and from the talks that me and a bunch of co-workers (cowboy, raider, colt, raven, giant, redskin and 49er fans and most older and far wiser than I) and my wife (pat fan) had. Most feel that my rankings were fair. Not all agreed, but said they were fair.

Oh, and the cowboy fan ( actually my boss) said he did agree that Philly should be number one due to the improvements made in the offseason but said that his Cowboys should be tied number one.

And just to let you know so you dont go and say I am just some young kid or something, I am 24 and my wife is 25 and everyone else has at least 10 more years of life and fanship than I.

You and your boss are idiots, period.

Winning a Super Bowl shouldn't be used. I said it. That was last year. The Giants have plenty of question marks while teams like the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, and Chargers are in a much better position for the upcoming season. Your opinion may differ. Good for you.

No offense............but this is a league of what have you done for me Lately, Giants WON a Superbowl.................. Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 11 years, in that time the Giants have been too 2 Superbowls and won 6 playoff games, while the cowboys have crash landed with some of the more talented teams in the NFL, talent doesn't mean jack look at the Colts, the year they won the Superbowl IMO it was the least talented team they had, Winning Regular Season games doesn't mean your team is great, remember the second season is where all the legends are made, Brady already has his legendary status, Peyton also, Rivers have more playoffs wins than Romo, all Romo has done in 2 seasons is Choke his legendary status away.

No offense............but this is a league of what have you done for me Lately, Giants WON a Superbowl.................. Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 11 years, in that time the Giants have been too 2 Superbowls and won 6 playoff games, while the cowboys have crash landed with some of the more talented teams in the NFL, talent doesn't mean jack look at the Colts, the year they won the Superbowl IMO it was the least talented team they had, Winning Regular Season games doesn't mean your team is great, remember the second season is where all the legends are made, Brady already has his legendary status, Peyton also, Rivers have more playoffs wins than Romo, all Romo has done in 2 seasons is Choke his legendary status away.

I see your point but I thought power rankings consider what team will be the best during the regular season. That's why the Patriots and Colts are always at the top.

Once the playoff hit it is anybody's game. If everyone was to rank the playoffs teams last year the Giants would have probably of been second to last right ahead of the Bucs. You don't need to have the most talented team to win a Super Bowl. You need to get to the playoffs, come together as a team, and get lucky (the elusive Eli and helmet catch...lol). I don't think winning a Super Bowl makes you an automatic top 3 team the following season.

If I had go pick the team in the NFC this year it would be the Cowboys. They had the best team in the league last year and came up short. That doesn't mean, like last year, that they won't get beat. But any sane Eagle or Giant fan can see how good they are. I love the fact that we can throw the last 11 years in the faces of Cowboy fans but the truth of the matter is that all things being even, they have the best team in the division and the NFC.

In the AFC, its pretty simple, you have the Patriots, then you have the race between the Colts and Bolts for second best in the conference. Add a couple of other teams, say the Jags, maybe the Steelers, then you can again look over to the NFC at the Giants and Packers. If you want to go further, you have to consider the Seahawks and the Bucs. After that, you can add the Eagles and others.

If I had go pick the team in the NFC this year it would be the Cowboys. They had the best team in the league last year and came up short. That doesn't mean, like last year, that they won't get beat. But any sane Eagle or Giant fan can see how good they are. I love the fact that we can throw the last 11 years in the faces of Cowboy fans but the truth of the matter is that all things being even, they have the best team in the division and the NFC.

In the AFC, its pretty simple, you have the Patriots, then you have the race between the Colts and Bolts for second best in the conference. Add a couple of other teams, say the Jags, maybe the Steelers, then you can again look over to the NFC at the Giants and Packers. If you want to go further, you have to consider the Seahawks and the Bucs. After that, you can add the Eagles and others.

With that being said, do you honestly put the Giants in the top 3?

First of all, why so many people are high on the Steelers is beyond me. They look like a 7 win team to me this season..with that said:

Pats

Colts

Dallas

SD

Jax

NYG

Phi

Clev

NO

Minnesota

And Seattle wins the west by default, but are NOT a top 10 team...

My defense to that is on a consistent basis Philly has a top 10 offense, and during the offseason they not only overhauled the depth of the team, they basically made their already potent defense into probably the best defense in the league. Also you have to look at last year, you take easily half of the losses and throw them away. At least 4 of those, the other team won because of stupid and easily correctible mistakes or just flat out freak plays. They would have been 12-4 easily also if they were actually healthy all season long last year. They are finally healthy now, deeper than probably ever before, much more talent and from what it looks like, a hunger unlike I have seen since 2004.

You can see their "hunger"? Wow.

First of all, why so many people are high on the Steelers is beyond me. They look like a 7 win team to me this season..with that said:

Pats

Colts

Dallas

SD

Jax

NYG

Phi

Clev

NO

Minnesota

Nice list!

And I agree that Seattle is not that good.

I personally would take out New Orleans and put in Pittsburgh.

Nice list!

And I agree that Seattle is not that good.

i'm glad I got your stamp of approval...

:D

Pats

Colts

Dallas

SD

Jax

NYG

Phi

Clev

NO

Minnesota

Could it be because you have a bias hate toward the Steelers? I mean you have it in your signature.

Never understood why some Eagles fans seem to hate the Steelers. They aren't rivals, they aren't in the same division. They aren't even in the same conference.

Could it be because you have a bias hate toward the Steelers? I mean you have it in your signature.

Never understood why some Eagles fans seem to hate the Steelers. They aren't rivals, they aren't in the same division. They aren't even in the same conference.

He's not an Eagles fan, Einstein.

Rich36 is a Giants fan. :rolleyes:

Even more mind boggling then. Replace Eagles with Giants then. Why would a Giants fan give a crap about a team it plays once every four years. Be interested in hearing your reasons why you think the Steelers will suck next year. Is it the schedule or something more?

BTW, I'm an Eagles fan and I don't hate the Steelers. I guess your assumptions only apply to some of the Eagles fanbase, but not all of it.

Even more mind boggling then. Replace Eagles with Giants then. Why would a Giants fan give a crap about a team it plays once every four years. Be interested in hearing your reasons why you think the Steelers will suck next year. Is it the schedule or something more?

Give credit to the guy for not being biased and giving credit to his division rivals.

I don't like your O-line...D-Line...LB's...

BTW, I'm an Eagles fan and I don't hate the Steelers. I guess your assumptions only apply to some of the Eagles fanbase, but not all of it.

Which is why I said some and not all.

Which is why I said some and not all.

I've never had a problem with Pittsburgh, well except when they play us of course.

With that being said, do you honestly put the Giants in the top 3?

No, I was only making a point earlier on the logic. I think the Giants are behind the Cowboys in the NFC and are just ahead of a few of the other teams I mentioned in my last post. I think the Packers are being underated on this board. It could be because when the played the Eagles last season they didn't play very well. They won a ton of games and like I said they were a field goal away from going to the Super Bowl.

I know, Favre is gone, but Rodgers has been sitting around for a long time. He shouldn't be surprised with what he sees unlike any other backup with limited experience. He has been holding the clip board for a while. He should be pretty good.

Also, this isn't a knock on the Eagles either, they may be good this year as well. Even if they are or aren't a playoff team, the games played between the Eagles and Giants are always going to be competitive, doesn't matter who is having a good or bad year in those games. For either team to have a chance they must stay healthy at key positions and have depth at those spots. I know that this is a given, but it is what it is...

orly?

sidcrosbyvf.png

:lol:

he's gonna be causing problems for the next decade in the eastern conf...

I don't like your O-line...D-Line...LB's...

The oline is definitely a big ?. It can't be any worse than it was last year and we still made the playoffs. I know your going to say losing Alan Faneca will hurt, but he wasn't very good in pass protection which is where our biggest problems were on offense. That said, Ben is pretty good at eluding the pressure and making plays.

as far as the linebackers, I am hoping Woodley proves why he was selected #1. But certainly there are ? there beyond James Harrison.

As far as dline, having Aaron Smith back will definitely help. We lost him and the Jags were able to run all over us in that regular season game.

The Steelers biggest issue on defense is the lack of a pass rush.

That said, given their schedule next year, I could see them missing the playoffs. Having the toughest schedule, there are no gimme games.

orly?

sidcrosbyvf.png

The Steelers, no. The queer Penguins and whiny b***h Cindy, yes! :lol: