Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegito61283

Where would you

IMO

1.Pats

2.Colts

3.Jags

4.Giants

5.Cowboys

6.Chargers

7.Pitts

8.Sea

9.Philly

10.Minn/Carolina/Denver/Cleveland

If Philly gets 9 then the Redskins should be at least 10. We beat Minnesota last year to end their long winning streak and beat Carolina 2 years ago.

Philly can't be top 10 after the last season. I know after the top 5 or so there can be a lot of ways to interpret where teams are put but I don't think Philyl belongs there as of now. Not to say they cant get there though.

Why can't they be? Why are the Pats number one after they lost the Superbowl?

None of the teams at #10 are better than the Eagles?

Games lost last year were fluke loses. We lost to teams we dominated to whole game statistically.

Packers game: How many times do you see someone fumble 3 punts in one game?

Chicago game: Brian Griese leads a comeback 97 yards with no Timeouts left????????? (c'mon now)

Seattle game: 4 ints with 3 to the same dude???? and we still could've won in the last seconds

Even the 2nd Giant game could've went either way.

That's 3-4 more wins.

Why can't they be? Why are the Pats number one after they lost the Superbowl?

None of the teams at #10 are better than the Eagles?

Games lost last year were fluke loses. We lost to teams we dominated to whole game statistically.

Packers game: How many times do you see someone fumble 3 punts in one game?

Chicago game: Brian Griese leads a comeback 97 yards with no Timeouts left????????? (c'mon now)

Seattle game: 4 ints with 3 to the same dude???? and we still could've won in the last seconds

Even the 2nd Giant game could've went either way.

That's 3-4 more wins.

you mean like the 4 fluke wins the Giants earned in the playoffs?

:whistle:

IMO

1.Pats

2.Colts

3.Jags

4.Giants

5.Cowboys

6.Chargers

7.Pitts

8.Sea

9.Philly

10.Minn/Carolina/Denver/Cleveland

:huh: Wait aminute. I was with you and agreed with everything you had to say after going blow for blow with Rich. You just contradicted all of your valid arguments by putting the Giants at #4 and the Eagles at #9? I thought you said we were better? You ranked the Giants pretty high for their "lucky" playoff/SB run.

you mean like the 4 fluke wins the Giants earned in the playoffs?

Show me a post where I said fluke OR show me a post where I said they got "HOT" at the right time

A FLUKE WIN is when someone wins something they have no business winning.

A HOT TEAM is when a team figures out what works best for them and continues to master it while continuing to gell/jell...

2 things:

Can I get a rational reason why the 2008 Eagles are currently better than the 2008 NY Giants?

I know you guys have nothing to relate this next statement to based on 47 years of prior evidence, but you do not get "lucky" winning playoff games and Super Bowls in the NFL...

if that's the case, the Eagles would have had a championship sometime between 2001-2004...you have to be good enough and the Eagles over the balance of the last 50 years have never been good enough....

:huh: Wait aminute. I was with you and agreed with everything you had to say after going blow for blow with Rich. You just contradicted all of your valid arguments by putting the Giants at #4 and the Eagles at #9? I thought you said we were better? You ranked the Giants pretty high for their "lucky" playoff/SB run.

Never contradict myself.

I believe that the Eagles are better then the GIANTS. However, I can't at this time put an 8-8 team from last year over the defending SB Champs if I had to rank today.

These rankings are based on last years results based on this years offseason. On paper, I honestly believe we're better than them. However, the season has yet to be played and the offseason acquistions have yet to be pay dividends.

Never contradict myself.

I believe that the Eagles are better then the GIANTS. However, I can't at this time put an 8-8 team from last year over the defending SB Champs if I had to rank today.

These rankings are based on last years results based on this years offseason. On paper, I honestly believe we're better than them. However, the season has yet to be played and the offseason acquistions have yet to be pay dividends.

I have one wierd prediction, although it isn't totally off base (well maybe it is), but will probably bring a wrath of responses, but I believe that Ahmed Bradshaw is going to be a star rb and that it will happen this year. I rarely make rash predicitions, and I'm not sure how the Giants as a whole we be, but there is something about Bradshaw that I will go out on a limb and say he is going to have a great year and people will be buzzing about him.

2 things:

Can I get a rational reason why the 2008 Eagles are currently better than the 2008 NY Giants?

I know you guys have nothing to relate this next statement to based on 47 years of prior evidence, but you do not get "lucky" winning playoff games and Super Bowls in the NFL...

if that's the case, the Eagles would have had a championship sometime between 2001-2004...you have to be good enough and the Eagles over the balance of the last 50 years have never been good enough....

Our QB is better

Our RB is better than all of your backs

Our Oline is better. (don't even try it with that Winston Justice crap either) Last year, we were slowed by injuries on the OLINE and we're healthy this year

OUR Secondary is head and Shoulders above yours.

Akers is better than Tynes

And for Christs sake- you hired an EAGLES coach to help your defense. You ran OUR defense!!

Reid is better than Coughlin

Our QB is better

Our Oline is better. (don't even try it with that Winston Justice crap either) Last year, we were slowed by injuries on the OLINE and we're healthy this year

And for Christs sake- you hired an EAGLES coach to help your defense. You ran OUR defense!!

QB is MARGINALLY better...don't make it seem like it's a 100 mile gap...

your 1 RB is all you have..NY has the best collection of RB's in the league

OLine is even, if not in favor of NY don't play that game...your tackles are ancient and you all over-rated your center..it's Andrews and 4 other guys

Secondary is your's, I'm good with that, but I do like the talent Reese is accumulating back there (BTW--Thursday on NFL Total Access, Rod Woodson said and I quote "Assante Samuel was a product of the NE system and Philly is not getting the top notch man to man shut down corner they might think they are"--don't believe me? it's on nfl.com today)

Akers = Tynes...sorry, but Akers is not the kicker he was

the "new" Coughlin is among the best in the game, Reid cannot manage a clock and is too pass happy...there is no real discernable advantage...the Giants have a tremendous staff as a whole...if Reid is so good, why did he refuse to pick up the tempo in the 4th quarter in the SB?

DLine is no debate--NY

LB's is Philly

WR's, sorry there pal, but we have a better group as a whole...how do I know? See your answer about your OLine...same holds true with our WR's in regards to Plaxico

TE is NY too...our #1 and #2 trump LJ and Celek...

ST is NY too...Hixon was a very good kickoff return guy late in the season and the coverage units are tremendous in addition..oh and Jeff Feagles is still among the best punters in the game at 40 whatever years old....

depth is NY too...they are younger and, other than Dallas, they are the 2nd most talent laden team in the conference...face it, this team won a championship 2 years "ahead of schedule"....they have a nice window where they will be in a prime position to compete for more...

Our QB is better

Hmmm, and yet you went 8-8, last in the division and lost twice to the Giants last year. Your QB is often injured and is on the down side of his career (sadly injuries have quickened that), your RB is better, our group is better and averaged more yards per game. In fact, if Westbrook goes down, the Eagles are dead, if one of our backs gets hurt we just march on.

Our offensive line is better than yours, whether they are healthy or not. Pro bowls aside, our group just plays better and has for the better part of the last two years. Our defensive front 4 maybe the best in the league, if not, its certainly better than yours, ask Donnie. As for the secondary, whether or not Lito stays, my guess is he won't, the Giant receivers, Plaxico in particular has never had an issue of beating your secondary. I'll give you the edge there, but we have now have Ross for his second year and two new young drafties that should improve our secondary going forward.

Tynes had a better year than an aging Akers who even when he was younger couldn't kick at the meadowlands. He now can't make a field goal beyond 40 and he certainly doesn't kick it deep anymore. Who would have thought that Tynes would be better at this stage than Akers, but last year he was.

The Eagles are pretty good, so are the Giants. You can argue this anyway you want, but you won't convince Giant fans that the Eagles are better at this point, just as certainly my arguments haven't convinced you.

Oh and Coughlin has won a Super Bowl, Andy Reid has not.

Hmmm, and yet you went 8-8, last in the division and lost twice to the Giants last year. Your QB is often injured and is on the down side of his career (sadly injuries have quickened that), your RB is better, our group is better and averaged more yards per game. In fact, if Westbrook goes down, the Eagles are dead, if one of our backs gets hurt we just march on.

Our offensive line is better than yours, whether they are healthy or not. Pro bowls aside, our group just plays better and has for the better part of the last two years. Our defensive front 4 maybe the best in the league, if not, its certainly better than yours, ask Donnie. As for the secondary, whether or not Lito stays, my guess is he won't, the Giant receivers, Plaxico in particular has never had an issue of beating your secondary. I'll give you the edge there, but we have now have Ross for his second year and two new young drafties that should improve our secondary going forward.

Tynes had a better year than an aging Akers who even when he was younger couldn't kick at the meadowlands. He now can't make a field goal beyond 40 and he certainly doesn't kick it deep anymore. Who would have thought that Tynes would be better at this stage than Akers, but last year he was.

The Eagles are pretty good, so are the Giants. You can argue this anyway you want, but you won't convince Giant fans that the Eagles are better at this point, just as certainly my arguments haven't convinced you.

Oh and Coughlin has won a Super Bowl, Andy Reid has not.

ask any GM in the game and they'll tell you which roster they like more...

QB is MARGINALLY better...don't make it seem like it's a 100 mile gap...

your 1 RB is all you have..NY has the best collection of RB's in the league

OLine is even, if not in favor of NY don't play that game...your tackles are ancient and you all over-rated your center..it's Andrews and 4 other guys

Secondary is your's, I'm good with that, but I do like the talent Reese is accumulating back there (BTW--Thursday on NFL Total Access, Rod Woodson said and I quote "Assante Samuel was a product of the NE system and Philly is not getting the top notch man to man shut down corner they might think they are"--don't believe me? it's on nfl.com today)

Akers = Tynes...sorry, but Akers is not the kicker he was

the "new" Coughlin is among the best in the game, Reid cannot manage a clock and is too pass happy...there is no real discernable advantage...the Giants have a tremendous staff as a whole...if Reid is so good, why did he refuse to pick up the tempo in the 4th quarter in the SB?

DLine is no debate--NY

LB's is Philly

WR's, sorry there pal, but we have a better group as a whole...how do I know? See your answer about your OLine...same holds true with our WR's in regards to Plaxico

TE is NY too...our #1 and #2 trump LJ and Celek...

depth is NY too...they are younger and, other than Dallas, they are the 2nd most talent laden team in the conference...face it, this team won a championship 2 years "ahead of schedule"....they have a nice window where they will be in a prime position to compete for more...

Minnesota ring a bell? Get lost

Minnesota ring a bell? Get lost

The Giants have 3 guys who can eclipse 1000 yards if they were the full time starter...don't kid yourself...if Peterson goes down, the Vikings are through, especially with the QB they have...One guy can get IR'ed and the Giants don't miss a beat...Madison Hedgecock is a guard in FB's uniform as well...the guy is a monster...

QB is MARGINALLY better...don't make it seem like it's a 100 mile gap... You're right, it's about 85 miles. don't make it seem as if it's the distance from your couch to the TV either

your 1 RB is all you have..NY has the best collection of RB's in the league... I guess Adrian P & C. Taylor suck

OLine is even, if not in favor of NY don't play that game...your tackles are ancient and you all over-rated your center..it's Andrews and 4 other guys. Who are your tackles? How many probowls have they been to? Have any of them made an All- Pro team and I missed it?

Secondary is your's, I'm good with that, but I do like the talent Reese is accumulating back there (BTW--Thursday on NFL Total Access, Rod Woodson said and I quote "Assante Samuel was a product of the NE system and Philly is not getting the top notch man to man shut down corner they might think they are"--don't believe me? it's on nfl.com today) Oh- Rod can't be wrong huh? I mean- He also said on NFL Network that the Pats were going to beat the GIANTS and Marshall Faulk was the one saying the GIANTS would win.. How'd that turn out?

Akers = Tynes...sorry, but Akers is not the kicker he was -Akers wouldn't miss 2 back to back field goals in GB to seal it

the "new" Coughlin is among the best in the game, Reid cannot manage a clock and is too pass happy...there is no real discernable advantage...the Giants have a tremendous staff as a whole...if Reid is so good, why did he refuse to pick up the tempo in the 4th quarter in the SB?- The "new" Coughlin??? He's the same dip ish that lucked up and hired Spags. How many times has he been fired from a team? He's freakin' lucky that Cowher didn't want to come out of retirement last year or he'd be an analyst on ESPN somewhere.

DLine is no debate--NY- Agreed

LB's is Philly- Disagree

WR's, sorry there pal, but we have a better group as a whole...how do I know? See your answer about your OLine...same holds true with our WR's in regards to Plaxico- Well then, if the same holds true why did you give the edge to NY's O Line then?

TE is NY too...our #1 and #2 trump LJ and Celek... Trump what? Shockey's not MILES ahead of LJ and Kevin Boss makes one catch and run for 26 yards and he's the next Bavarro. He's not better than either one of them (Celek or Smith)

depth is NY too...they are younger and, other than Dallas, they are the 2nd most talent laden team in the conference...face it, this team won a championship 2 years "ahead of schedule"....they have a nice window where they will be in a prime position to compete for more... As of right now, how can you say that? Every move we've made so far this year (with the exception of Samuel) has been depth.

you guys are living in the past with the O-Line...it isn't 2003/2004 anymore.....

actually Rod called the Giants

you have a crystal ball that told you Akers would make the FG in those conditions with his decreased leg stregth?

Coughlin is 1-3 in Conf Championship games and Reid is 1-4 (with 3 straight home losses to boot)...Coughlin is 1-0 in SB's and Reid is 0-1....who looks better?

WR's are better, sorry

LJ has yet to get any post-season accolades and Celek had 1 good game in Dallas vs. Shockey--a top 5 TE and Boss who had very productive games from week 17-SB

The Giants have 3 guys who can eclipse 1000 yards if they were the full time starter...don't kid yourself...if Peterson goes down, the Vikings are through, especially with the QB they have...One guy can get IR'ed and the Giants don't miss a beat...Madison Hedgecock is a guard in FB's uniform as well...the guy is a monster...

And you know this how? Have any of them done it besides maybe Jacobs?

Facts are a beyotch sometimes (see below)

Chester Taylor had a 1200 yard season in 2006 (before AP). None of your chumps can even stay healthy for a whole year (even collectively). Westbrook is all we have huh? He's trumps all your backs and then on top of that Buckhalter rushed for 100 yards in the 1st half of a game against you in September!!!

Chester Taylor had a 1200 yard season in 2006 (before AP). None of your chumps can even stay healthy for a whole year (even collectively). Westbrook is all we have huh? He's trumps all your backs and then on top of that Buckhalter rushed for 100 yards in the 1st half of a game against you in September!!!

I'm not debating Westy's talents...but the Giants have proved that when their RB's miss time, we still win...Westy misses time, you lose...end of story...

(that's more of an indictment of the talent on the offense than anything else)

AND YOU STILL LOST

you guys are living in the past with the O-Line...it isn't 2003/2004 anymore.....

you have a crystal ball that told you Akers would make the FG in those conditions with his decreased leg stregth?

Coughlin is 1-3 in Conf Championship games and Reid is 1-4 (with 3 straight home losses to boot)...Coughlin is 1-0 in SB's and Reid is 0-1....who looks better?

WR's are better, sorry

LJ has yet to get any post-season accolades and Celek had 1 good game in Dallas vs. Shockey--a top 5 TE and Boss who had very productive games from week 17-SB

Shockey's a top 5 what? TE? Are you talking about in the NFC?

Gates

Gonzalez

Witten

Winslow

Dallas Clark

Cooley

All these TE's are better than Shockey right now as we speak and you can ask any GM THAT!

Coughlin has been F I R E D before!!!!!!

Your organization wouldn't give him a 2 year extension going into the 2007 season!!!! I remember hearing John Fox being talked about as the next head Coach for the Giants.

Shockey's a top 5 what? TE? Are you talking about in the NFC?

Gates

Gonzalez

Witten

Winslow

Dallas Clark

Cooley

All these TE's are better than Shockey right now as we speak and you can ask any GM THAT!

Coughlin has been F I R E D before!!!!!!

Your organization wouldn't give him a 2 year extension going into the 2007 season!!!! I remember hearing John Fox being talked about as the next head Coach for the Giants.

You think Reid won't be fired one day?

Losing a Super Bowl doesn't earn him a "lifetime" exemption to coach the Eagles...if it did, I truly pity your organization

WR's are better, sorry

Care to put some cash on it?

Care to put some cash on it?

dude, I remember sitting on my couch watching Total Access and seeing him say it...

You think Reid won't be fired one day?

Losing a Super Bowl doesn't earn him a "lifetime" exemption to coach the Eagles...if it did, I truly pity your organization

Coughlin will be gone before Reid is- BANK ON IT

Unless of course he leaves

Don't pity us- pity your delusional fans who think ELI is the Messiah