Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegito61283

Where would you

Coughlin will be gone before Reid is- BANK ON IT

Unless of course he leaves

Don't pity us- pity your delusional fans who think ELI is the Messiah

let's see how patient the ownership is with Reid when he continues to come up short in the post-season, especially with the fanbase and media calling for his head...

Coughlin will be there past Reid...I'm pretty sure of it...

dude, I remember sitting on my couch watching Total Access and seeing him say it...

Listen, do you remember Rich Eisen saying "To no surprise, an NFC guy going for the NFC and the AFC guy going for the AFC."?

Fine- you got it man

let's see how patient the ownership is with Reid when he continues to come up short in the post-season, especially with the fanbase and media calling for his head...

Coughlin will be there past Reid...I'm pretty sure of it...

That just sounds stupid Rich

If that were the case, wouldn't he have been fired after losing 3 STRAIGHT NFC games? Then in the last 3 years only to make the playoffs once?

See, you're talking stupid now. Nothing you say is based off of facts

That just sounds stupid Rich

If that were the case, wouldn't he have been fired after losing 3 STRAIGHT NFC games? Then in the last 3 years only to make the playoffs once?

See, you're talking stupid now. Nothing you say is based off of facts

actually it's not stupid...it's pretty accurate...hey, I hope you keep Reid because you'll never win anything with this current regime anyway....

it's been proven since 2000 and you shot your load in 2002...that was the only year I was concerned that you might actually win the whole thing, but Rhonde Barber showed me I had nothing to worry about (actually, the game was pretty much decided at that point, that was just the cherry on top of the sundae)

Hmmm, and yet you went 8-8, last in the division and lost twice to the Giants last year. Your QB is often injured and is on the down side of his career (sadly injuries have quickened that), your RB is better, our group is better and averaged more yards per game. In fact, if Westbrook goes down, the Eagles are dead, if one of our backs gets hurt we just march on.

Our offensive line is better than yours, whether they are healthy or not. Pro bowls aside, our group just plays better and has for the better part of the last two years. Our defensive front 4 maybe the best in the league, if not, its certainly better than yours, ask Donnie. As for the secondary, whether or not Lito stays, my guess is he won't, the Giant receivers, Plaxico in particular has never had an issue of beating your secondary. I'll give you the edge there, but we have now have Ross for his second year and two new young drafties that should improve our secondary going forward.

Tynes had a better year than an aging Akers who even when he was younger couldn't kick at the meadowlands. He now can't make a field goal beyond 40 and he certainly doesn't kick it deep anymore. Who would have thought that Tynes would be better at this stage than Akers, but last year he was.

The Eagles are pretty good, so are the Giants. You can argue this anyway you want, but you won't convince Giant fans that the Eagles are better at this point, just as certainly my arguments haven't convinced you.

Oh and Coughlin has won a Super Bowl, Andy Reid has not.

What do you mean you'll "give us the edge"? OUR SECONDARY IS BETTER P E R I O D!!!!!! No discussion needed

In 2006, we were considered one of if not the best in the game. That same year, our DLINE sacked Eli 9 times in one game. Do some research

Oh- Coughlin was lucky to be on a team that won a SB. All credit goes to Spags

That would be like me saying "Andy has a SB RING but it was as an OC with Green Bay in 96"

What do you mean you'll "give us the edge"? OUR SECONDARY IS BETTER P E R I O D!!!!!! No discussion needed

In 2006, we were considered one of if not the best in the game. That same year, our DLINE sacked Eli 9 times in one game. Do some research

That would be like me saying "Andy has a SB RING but it was as an OC with Green Bay in 96"

:lol:

ridiculously laughable

are you one of these fools who thinks the Eagles are responsible for the Giants winning the SB too by "showing us how to beat the Pats"???

Damn dude you have the lions ranked higher then the Redskins? Give us a tiny bit of respect at least.

No respect should be shown for the skins as long as Dan Snyder is the owner

Guys, guys...no need to argue. None of this will even matter when the Redskins win the division this year. :D

No respect should be shown for the skins as long as Dan Snyder is the owner

Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato > Detroit and Matt Millen any day of the week.

Guys, guys...no need to argue. None of this will even matter when the Redskins win the division this year. :D

Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato > Detroit and Matt Millen any day of the week.

That might be true

hey Les--I'm out bud...enjoy the long holiday weekend...

:D

Rich- I was already out when you sent this but I hope you enjoyed your weekend homie. Hell, I hope all of ya enjoyed your weekend........ NOW- Get your tails back in here and let's talk some ish

Dawg,

I gave you the edge in the secondary, no reason to shout about it. My point, if you care to go back and read it is that the Giants receivers, Burress in particular has no problem beating your secondary. So your edge here is not a concern, especially when you play the Giants.

Go back to the Eli game you reference, you guys talk about how poor Winston was not ready, take a look at who played for the Giants line that day. All that played were in the same sorry state that you all whined about last year. No excuse really, a poor game for sure, but if you want to talk about the your offensive line being banged up all year, take a look at the Giants line at that time. But, that being said, there is no way I would trade Olines, the Giants line is better.

Coughlin get the credit for winning the Super Bowl, not the d coordinator. That is how it works. You mention Andy's ring with GB, you do realize that Coughlin has another ring he earned with the Giants right? So if you want to give Andy credit for being on someones staff when they won a ring, you have to give Coughlin credit for having two rings. He earned the first on Parcells staff with the Giants.

I see you and Rich were having all this fun and I was missing out. Hope all had a great weekend!

Dawg,

I gave you the edge in the secondary, no reason to shout about it. My point, if you care to go back and read it is that the Giants receivers, Burress in particular has no problem beating your secondary. So your edge here is not a concern, especially when you play the Giants.

Go back to the Eli game you reference, you guys talk about how poor Winston was not ready, take a look at who played for the Giants line that day. All that played were in the same sorry state that you all whined about last year. No excuse really, a poor game for sure, but if you want to talk about the your offensive line being banged up all year, take a look at the Giants line at that time. But, that being said, there is no way I would trade Olines, the Giants line is better.

Coughlin get the credit for winning the Super Bowl, not the d coordinator. That is how it works. You mention Andy's ring with GB, you do realize that Coughlin has another ring he earned with the Giants right? So if you want to give Andy credit for being on someones staff when they won a ring, you have to give Coughlin credit for having two rings. He earned the first on Parcells staff with the Giants.

I see you and Rich were having all this fun and I was missing out. Hope all had a great weekend!

What's good Carso?

I wouldn't even think of trading Olines either. If both of our lines are healthy, ours is better.

Weekend was real chill though. Couple cook-outs here and there. Man- I can't wait until the 08 season is here!!

wouldnt give Eagles #1 but they're definitely up there in the top 10. Although i wouldnt put a big billboard out there saying "Hey the Eagles are #1 so you better pay attention to them!" because then the Eagles are a big target. So for the sake of our beloved Eagles lets keep them in the middle of the pack. Lable the Eagles as a 14 or 15th ranked team.

Patriots

Eagles

Giants

Colts

Jaguars

Cowboys

Chargers

Vikings

Browns

Packers

Seahawks

Redskins

Steelers

Broncos

Saints

Bills

Bengals

Titans

Lions

Jets

Bucs

Bears

Cardinals

Texans

Rams

Panthers

Ravens

49ers

Chiefs

Raiders

Dolphins

Falcons

Cant crown the Eagles #1 just yet.

I know I'm like 10 pages late on this thread, and because of that, I'm not looking to see if this was said, but...

You can't really call the Eagles top 12 just yet either. They missed the playoffs last year. They're 13 at best until they prove they can stay healthy, the new additions fit in the scheme, and the locker room stays tight.

We as fans got spoiled in the early 2000s in expecting top performance from this team. They're not the same team they were, the division is much better than it was, and its 2008 now. Like it or not, we're depending on a lot of young guys to make contributions and get the job done.

I'll believe it when I see it. I too believe this is a playoff team, but I'm not going to let myself get too excited. McNabb's health is untrustworthy and just because Kolb was drafted in the 2nd round and likes Brett Favre doesn't mean he's going to be good.

Let's just sit back, relax and watch the games in September.

The results are in on nfl.com

rankings

1. New England Patriots 18-1 Core of team returns to avenge Super Bowl loss after perfect regular season.

2. Indianapolis Colts 13-4 Core of Super Bowl XLI team is still intact. Dwight Freeney should be ready for season.

3. Dallas Cowboys 13-4 Talented squad only got better during offseason with Pacman Jones, Zach Thomas.

4. New York Giants 14-6 Competition in NFC East should be tough as Super Bowl champs look to go back-to-back.

5. San Diego Chargers 13-6 One step away from Super Sunday after second consecutive AFC West title in 2007.

6. Jacksonville Jaguars 12-6 Is this the year an AFC South team finally knocks the Colts off their perch atop division?

7. Pittsburgh Steelers 10-7 Ben Roethlisberger returns for encore of great season with offensive help added in draft.

8. Green Bay Packers 14-4 Face first season since 1991 without Brett Favre on roster. Is it Aaron Rodgers time?

9. Cleveland Browns 10-6 Offseason additions could give Browns extra edge to finally reach playoffs.

10. Minnesota Vikings 8-8 Team is already a vogue pick to rise to replace Packers as top team in NFC North.

11. Philadelphia Eagles 8-8 Keeping Donovan McNabb and Brian Westbrook healthy will be key to success in 2008.

12. Seattle Seahawks 11-7 Enter another season as the team to beat in NFC West despite new rushing attack.

13. New Orleans Saints 7-9 Saints aiming to rebound after disappointing follow-up effort to NFC title game appearance.

14. Tennessee Titans 10-7 Coming off first winning season since 2003. Should compete for AFC South supremacy.

15. Washington Redskins 9-8 First-year coach Jim Zorn faces tough task of returning Redskins to playoffs.

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9-8 Warrick Dunn's return could help spark a repeat performance as NFC South winners.

17. Denver Broncos 7-9 Broncos remain a far cry from the perennial playoff contenders of years past.

18. Carolina Panthers 7-9 Jake Delhomme's health and new receivers will be closely watched in training camp.

19. Chicago Bears 7-9 Team's fate could hinge significantly on which quarterback lines up behind center.

20. Baltimore Ravens 5-11 Unique three-way competition at quarterback will determine this team's season.

21. Cincinnati Bengals 7-9 Division championship of 2005 a distant memory after back-to-back playoff misses.

22. Arizona Cardinals 8-8 Is this finally the year the Cardinals get over that hump for a run at the playoffs?

23. Buffalo Bills 7-9 Will offseason moves be enough to make Buffalo a playoff contender?

24. Houston Texans 8-8 Improving Texans face daunting task contending in difficult AFC South.

25. Detroit Lions 7-9 Bad news for Jon Kitna: Lions' last 10-win season was 13 years ago.

26. New York Jets 4-12 Major offseason overhaul didn't include answering the team's questions at quarterback.

27. St. Louis Rams 3-13 Rams could significantly improve after injuries wrecked 2007 season.

28. Kansas City Chiefs 4-12 The difficult decision to rebuild was made in Kansas City during the offseason.

29. San Francisco 49ers 5-11 Can Mike Martz, plus new acquisitions, help in QB Alex Smith's progression?

30. Oakland Raiders 4-12 Raiders fans hope rookie Darren McFadden has the same impact as Adrian Peterson.

31. Atlanta Falcons 4-12 Falcons banking on rookie Matt Ryan to be the long-term answer at quarterback.

32. Miami Dolphins 1-15 Bill Parcells won't accept losing for long. Healthy Ronnie Brown returns for new-look offense.

Patriots

Colts

Jaguars

Cowboys

Eagles

Chargers

Steelers

Giants

Browns

Vikings

Redskins

Titans

Buccaneers

Seahawks

Saints

Cardinals

Every team beyond this point would be a crack shoot.

Patriots

Colts

Jaguars

Cowboys

Eagles

Chargers

Steelers

Giants

Browns

Vikings

Redskins

Titans

Buccaneers

Seahawks

Saints

Cardinals

WTF are you on?

WTF are you on?

He says so right in his post:

WTF are you on?

I know, it's kind of mind-bottling what a crack shoot his rankings are