Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

birdjay

overrated/underrated

do you think the Browns, Packers, and Jags are overrated?

they're calling the Browns "The Darlings", the Packers "The Sure Thing", and the Jags "The Sour D'Jour"..

I'd say the pack is overrated in that group.

I wouldn't say JAX is overrated.

The Browns are being hyped up a lot, but I don't think anyone is making them out to be a SB contender.

I'd say the pack is overrated in that group.

I wouldn't say JAX is overrated.

The Browns are being hyped up a lot, but I don't think anyone is making them out to be a SB contender.

The Packers are a good team, I dont reallly think anyone is rating them that high just because of their quarterback situation. Everyone believes that Rodgers will be good, but no one knows for sure.

As for Jacksonville, I do not think that they are overrated at all. They have been a pretty good team in the past couple of years overshadowed by the colts, but I think that this will really be the year they make a name for themselves around the league.

The Browns are a hard team to gauge...they certainly have the talent on that team to become contenders, but we will just have to see how they play together this season. In my eyes, they may be a bit overrated.

they're calling the Browns "The Darlings", the Packers "The Sure Thing", and the Jags "The Sour D'Jour"..

It's not hard to see why people are talking about these 3 teams. Each had very good years last year and the Packer's were a field goal away from the Super Bowl. Losing Favre may cost them a bit this year, but I think in the long run it is time for someone to take over the helm. Rodgers has potential, the Packer team is solid and should contend.

The Jags are solid on both sides of the ball, so them being picked to do well shouldn't surprise anyone. I guess the one team that may be a bit of a reach is the Browns. They have some real talent, but their defense is still a question mark and their QB needs to prove he isn't a one hit wonder. I like their talent though, so if they improve on last year I for one won't be surprised.

I don't know that any of those teams are overrated. All are expected to finish number two in their respective divisions.

The Packers, however, have the potential to stay atop of the NFC North based on how talented of a team they are. What is the biggest question-mark people have? Aaron. What about the Vikings, Lions and Bears? All just about the same, but with the Lions and Bears also having other question-marks.

So back to Aaron, the focus is on how will he handle the pressure of replacing a HOFer and deal with the competition in the camp with Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn. Aaron handled the pressure rather well when he replaced Favre against the Cowboys, he is mechanically better than most young starters, and did a phenomenal job when he was at Cal. He has the benefit of being surrounded by smart receivers and a good RB.

I think going into this year the Eagles, Vikings and Packers could all be 7-10 game winners. The problem facing the Packers is having a slightly harder schedule do to a division win and playing the AFC South.

Packers and Jags are good but the Browns only had one season. And i believe Rodgers can play similar to Philip Rivers

Jags aren't overrated. Tough, run-first squad, with an athletic QB who doesn't make many mstakes.

Browns aren't either. Loads of weapons on offense and a beautfully re-tooled OL. Agressive defensive additions are boom-bust, but any improvement on that side of the ball should have them challenging for the division.

Packers shouldn't be called overrated, though they have the biggest question mark due to the advent of the Aaron Rodgers era. Still, they found a ground game, have a solid OL, good skill players, and a very good defense. Should be enough to challenge for the NFC North.

Jacksonville deserves the hype they get. That's a powerhouse team and if I was in the AFC I'd be scared of them.

I'm wait and see on Jacksonville. They're good on paper and have a heckuva backfield, but Garrard is a game manager at best so shut down the ground offense and they'll have a hard time moving the ball.

Packers are in a weak division and are young. They're legit playoff contenders.

Cleveland's turning around from being really bad for really long.

Pack overrated.

Jags finally getting respect.

Browns are turning things around, no disrespect there.

I agree.

The Jags are gonna be monstrous this year.

I sure hope so.

I'm wait and see on Jacksonville. They're good on paper and have a heckuva backfield, but Garrard is a game manager at best so shut down the ground offense and they'll have a hard time moving the ball.

:rolleyes:

• Jacksonville has been on the rise for a while. They should do some damage this year.
  • The strength of the Packers last year was the defense. They should still be good this year but Rogers is a question mark.
  • Browns have to show that last year was for real.

Packers are good. They'd been good the year before too, but hadn't put it together until last year. They are talented and well coached.

Jacksonville is the team getting too much hype IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like their squad, but we've seen this before from this team. A team on the brink of contention that falters the next year. In 2005 they were 12-4 and probably better than last year's 11-5 team, but fell to 8-8 the next year. I could see that happening again. Their O-Line worries me and that D-Line is old and will need those rookies to really step up.

I don't know that any of those teams are overrated. All are expected to finish number two in their respective divisions.

The Packers, however, have the potential to stay atop of the NFC North based on how talented of a team they are. What is the biggest question-mark people have? Aaron. What about the Vikings, Lions and Bears? All just about the same, but with the Lions and Bears also having other question-marks.

So back to Aaron, the focus is on how will he handle the pressure of replacing a HOFer and deal with the competition in the camp with Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn. Aaron handled the pressure rather well when he replaced Favre against the Cowboys, he is mechanically better than most young starters, and did a phenomenal job when he was at Cal. He has the benefit of being surrounded by smart receivers and a good RB.

I think going into this year the Eagles, Vikings and Packers could all be 7-10 game winners. The problem facing the Packers is having a slightly harder schedule do to a division win and playing the AFC South.

The diffrens betwen Green Bay and Vikings, is that the Vikings have a much better o-line and RBs to carry there not so good QB. For the Packers, they get an inexperinced QB in an offense without a legit threat at RB.

The Browns - Overrated. Some have this team winning the division this season. It's not going to happen because they have a tough schedule.

The Packers - Overrated. Aaron Rodgers hasn't done anything in this league. If they are expecting him to pick up where Favre left off, they have another thing coming. I think that the Vikings, on the back of a fantastic running game, great O-line and a more than solid D will win the NFC North this season. Their D-Line is intimidating with the Williams boys, who can take up some linemen and Jared Allen whose credentials don't need to be restated.

The Jaguars - Maybe a bit overrated. They have fortified their Defense. They are looking for that WR threat to emerge, and the question is can either Troy Williamson or Jerry Porter be that guy. I think they will give Indy some headaches, but the Colts will still be too good for them (they are a strong wild card chance though).

the Jags are finally gettin the respect that they hav been deservin over the past couple years

Packers might b bad and might not b, it all depends on whether Rogers was paying attention for how many years while on the side line or if he was taking a nap during the game :D

the Browns are being overhyped at this point cuz till they prove themselves and win the division and make the playoffs, they are still the old Browns that somehow find a way to blow it in the end

The thing about the browns is that they are the "trendy" team. Need proof, look at the fact that BSPN has them on MNF I think 3 times this season. I think they have 5 or 6 primetime games scheduled altogether. They may fall flat on their faces like the Saints (another last offseason media darling) did last season. They play against both the NFC east and AFC south, the best two divisions in the NFL. They'll be lucky to finish 9-7

Jax is extremely overrated. By far the most in the league.

They barely got by a beat up Pittsburgh team in the first round and got torn to shreds in the second.

What if Fred Taylor finally deteriorates this year? MJD wont be able to carry the load. The Balance will be screwed up on offense, and Garrard will have to make more plays with the ball in his hand.

9-7 this year for the Jags. Everyone loves them so much because they're a fresh team in a small market that could challenge the perennial elite teams. Same goes for the Vikes.

They barely got by a beat up Pittsburgh team in the first round and got torn to shreds in the second.

What if Fred Taylor finally deteriorates this year? MJD wont be able to carry the load. The Balance will be screwed up on offense, and Garrard will have to make more plays with the ball in his hand.

9-7 this year for the Jags. Everyone loves them so much because they're a fresh team in a small market that could challenge the perennial elite teams. Same goes for the Vikes.

agree 100%

also, their rookies are really gonna have to step up to account for those deteriorating veteran DEs

They were down 2 points in the 4th quarter. How is that "torn to shreds"? They gave the Pats all they could handle.