Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

birdjay

overrated/underrated

They were down 2 points in the 4th quarter. How is that "torn to shreds"? They gave the Pats all they could handle.

It was that last minute INT Garrard threw that put the game away. They were with them the whole time.

Jax is extremely overrated. By far the most in the league.

They barely got by a beat up Pittsburgh team in the first round and got torn to shreds in the second

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Also I like how you know that Jones-Drew can't carry the load.

I don't know if he can or can't, but you guys better hope that Fred Taylor doesn't go Warrick Dunn on you guys and hit the veteran wall.

I don't know if he can or can't, but you guys better hope that Fred Taylor doesn't go Warrick Dunn on you guys and hit the veteran wall.

Taylor splitting carries should be absolutely fine in terms of wear and tear, and shouldn't hit the wall. Should he do so, Jones Drew isn't your typical "electirc back", and should be able to carry the load, while being spelled by Greg Jones.

That's what everyone said was going to happen last year, eventually, he will hit it, but I think he has 1-2 more years left. We will go out and get another RB when we feel Taylor has run out of gas.

the jaguars are good, but they cant get past the colts. im also not as big on garrard as everyone else.

They won more games in the playoffs last year than the Colts did.

They won more games in the playoffs last year than the Colts did.

They both lost in the same round. The Jags had to win an extra game because they couldn't beat the Colts for the division.

It was that last minute INT Garrard threw that put the game away. They were with them the whole time.

He have to prove he can carry the load like every other smal RB. Compared to guys like Westbrook and Willie Parker he got 5-10 lbs there will help him. But some RBs are better 2 back system RBs.

Guys there fall into that catagory is Reggie Bush and Marion Barber and also MJD untill he prove he can get 20+ carries per game.

The Jags are gonna be monstrous this year.

People say that every year, and every year the Jags are the most famous also-rans in the league. I'm not buying it.

Cleveland can put up 50 points but their D needs help.

Green Bay is overrated now that Favre is gone. They always had a chance with him in the game. Their D is solid but they still have to score points. I see them having a Rex Grossman-style year on offense: good running attack but can't pass for ish.

People say that every year, and every year the Jags are the most famous also-rans in the league. I'm not buying it.

Cleveland can put up 50 points but their D needs help.

Green Bay is overrated now that Favre is gone. They always had a chance with him in the game. Their D is solid but they still have to score points. I see them having a Rex Grossman-style year on offense: good running attack but can't pass for ish.

I think they're gonna be good though. I mean, as good as Leftwich played at some times Garrard has already outdone him in one season. He's only going to improve, also, they added Joey Porter to their WR corps and I thikn he could be a nice surprise. I'm not willing to put money on it, but I think given an opportunity he can produce well. Not even Randy Moss could do well in Oakland, he leaves the team and goes to a real contendor and look what he does. Not saying hes Randy Moss level, just an example. Jags will have at least 10 wins.

They also call the JAgs America's Team...WTF is with that? I personally think the JAgs are just slightly mediocre. I can care less if they play in the COLTS division... I am never impressed with their highlights on Sunday night and they have done eesh to make me think otherwise. Not to mention their unis are darn ugly!

The Jags are finally getting respect, maybe a bit too much though.

The Browns are a little overrated. Last year definatly could have been a 1 year wonder. I don't see Derrick Anderson being anything like he was last year.

The Packers are going to take a step down after losing Favre. He was such a big leader for that team and was very key to their success last year. Aaron Rodgers is going to have a ****load of pressure on him this year.

The Jags are finally getting respect, maybe a bit too much though.

The Browns are a little overrated. Last year definatly could have been a 1 year wonder. I don't se Derrick Anderson being anything like he was last year.

The Packers are going to take a step down after losing Favre. He was such a big leader for that team and was very key to their sucess last year. Aaron Rodgers is going to have a ****load of pressure on him this year.

yes.

Jaguars are overrated... to whom? All everybody talk about in the AFC is Chargers, Colts, Patriots, and Steelers.

Jaguars are better than Steelers and proved it.

jacksonville is severely under rated. Even though they are a very good team, their home games get blacklisted and they are the most overlooked team in the nation by the media and the fans.

but the browns were a one year wonder in my opinion. No one expected anything from Derek Anderson and towards the end of the season, he fizzled out. At the end of the day, they are still Cleveland, and I expect them to be the doormats of their division again.

Jax is extremely overrated. By far the most in the league.

They barely got by a beat up Pittsburgh team in the first round and got torn to shreds in the second.

What if Fred Taylor finally deteriorates this year? MJD wont be able to carry the load. The Balance will be screwed up on offense, and Garrard will have to make more plays with the ball in his hand.

9-7 this year for the Jags. Everyone loves them so much because they're a fresh team in a small market that could challenge the perennial elite teams. Same goes for the Vikes.

Jax is not overrated at all, they are the most underrated team in the NFL.

They didn't get blown up by NE in the second round.

Fred Taylor will be one year older, but i think it's too much to say he will deteriorate. Just last season, I think he had one of his best seasons and finally got recognized to get into the pro bowl. The reason why Fred Taylor hasn't "deteriorated" yet is because of MJD. MJD is giving him a breather and they are a great running combo. MJD, although short, is big for his height. He's 5'7 and weights like 203 pounds. MJD is not small at all, just shorter, his body can take the hits and he hasn't had any major injuries. Considering he has 22 rushing TDs in his first two seasons and nearly had a 1000 yards in his rookie season, I don't know where you think he won't handle the load.

Also garrard has proven he can lead a team.

Jax is not overrated at all, they are the most underrated team in the NFL.

They didn't get blown up by NE in the second round.

Fred Taylor will be one year older, but i think it's too much to say he will deteriorate. Just last season, I think he had one of his best seasons and finally got recognized to get into the pro bowl. The reason why Fred Taylor hasn't "deteriorated" yet is because of MJD. MJD is giving him a breather and they are a great running combo. MJD, although short, is big for his height. He's 5'7 and weights like 203 pounds. MJD is not small at all, just shorter, his body can take the hits and he hasn't had any major injuries. Considering he has 22 rushing TDs in his first two seasons and nearly had a 1000 yards in his rookie season, I don't know where you think he won't handle the load.

Also garrard has proven he can lead a team.

How are they the most underrated team in the leauge? Everyone says they are so underrated, it makes them overrated.

I didn't say that Fred would but what if he did? That offense would go down the toilet.

Garrard has proven to be a solid QB but the Jags may feel major reprecussions for not having a gamebreaker in the passing game.

Jax suffered the worst loss to NE out of any team in the playoffs...

Jaguars are overrated... to whom? All everybody talk about in the AFC is Chargers, Colts, Patriots, and Steelers

I do agree, the Jags are a better than an 8-8 team.

In every NFL related program I watch I have to hear how overshadowed the Jags are for one reason or another because they play in a small market. Yet they really haven't done anything.

Think of it, what if they blew that game against Pitt? What if there was a holding called on that QB draw on 4th down?

Think of it, what if they blew that game against Pitt? What if there was a holding called on that QB draw on 4th down?

Think of it, what if Asante didn't drop the interception?

What if Rodney Harrison didn't let Tyree balance that catch on his helmet?

What if's don't matter.

do you think the Browns, Packers, and Jags are overrated?

they're calling the Browns "The Darlings", the Packers "The Sure Thing", and the Jags "The Sour D'Jour"..

Im buying the Browns.