Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanatik

Anquan Boldin misses Cards' OTA's

link to story

Seventy-seven players showed up Tuesday for the first of 14 voluntary practices the Cardinals have scheduled over the next month. But the main focus was on two who didn't attend: receiver Anquan Boldin and defensive lineman Darnell Dockett.

Both want new contracts. Boldin has three years left on his deal, and the team has expressed a desire to sign him to an extension. Dockett has four years left on his contract, and the club has told him he's going to have to wait.

"I'm excited about the guys who are, (here)," coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "I would be less than honest if I said if I wasn't disappointed that Anquan and Darnell weren't here. But once again, these are voluntary."

Boldin doesn't necessarily need the work, as long as he shows up to training camp in July. He is missed the most as a leader and mentor to younger players, such as rookie receiver Early Doucet.

"Any time you have a good player, he contributes not in the just the playing but in other areas," Whisenhunt said. "Whether it's what he sees, or even advice. That's why we want those guys here and really believe so much in the team continuity aspect.

"And I also believe there are some things we're tinkering with that we learn from, and when guys aren't here they miss those things."

Outside linebacker Chike Okeafor missed the practice while attending to a personal matter. Rookies Dionte Johnson, a fullback from Ohio State, and Dennis Keyes, a safety from UCLA, couldn't practice because their schools are still in session.

The boy go hard??? go back to school and learn to talk right you idiot!

2 posts in a whole year, he no how be postin good and SHIIIIZZZZZ.