Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graysferry

So what's there to do in Houston?

Lived there for ten year hit up a good mexican restaurant. Cant get any better than going to a phils game and spending the majority of the game in the stall

:lol:

I'll make sure sure i'm near the hotel bathroom when it hits my digestive tract.

Drugs and crime.

Bayou Bend is Ima Hogg's former estate near River Oaks, now a museum for her private collection of antiques.

A rip roaring good time.

Lived there for ten year hit up a good mexican restaurant. Cant get any better than going to a phils game and spending the majority of the game in the stall

Do you know the name of the place with the awesome make-your-own fajitas? Best fajitas ever.

Graysferry - go to Fogo de Chao on Westheimer road. As someone else said in the dedicated thread, it's Disneyland for carnivores. And the Galleria on the same road (more east) is pretty solid as well.

Do you know the name of the place with the awesome make-your-own fajitas? Best fajitas ever.

Graysferry - go to Fogo de Chao on Westheimer road. As someone else said in the dedicated thread, it's Disneyland for carnivores. And the Galleria on the same road (more east) is pretty solid as well.

is that the place where they serve the meat on the stick? If so i went there right before i left, i must of gained 10 pounds that night

Houston isnt great, but is all this really coming from people in Philly and Jersey? I know we havent been on the national news lately for cop killers and brutal police. Check out Jake's Philly Steaks. It is the home of the Houston Eagles Nest, and where we hosted 100-200 Eagles fans the night before the game dwon here a few years ago. All the Philly natives liked the steaks. It's not Pat's, but its good. I know some of our guys are going to one of the Phils games. Post on Houston Eagles Fans and check it out.

Houston is not the most touristy city in America, but the posters on here are going way overboard. Like Philadelphia is all that exciting. Yeah, drive down scenic 95 and take in the sights....

OK, first of all, Houston is the topless bar capital of the US. I know Vegas is up there too, but apparently there is a law that requires a topless bar every 1000' or so. The surprisingly nice part is that many of them are darn good.

Houston is a pretty darn good restaurant city. Wide variety, ethnic styles, and good at reasonable prices.

The museum of natural history is very good (at least it was when I used to live there). Their mineral collection was second only to the Smithsonean (sp?).

Plenty of good bars for a night on the town. I always was fond of the Rice Village area. Visit the Ginger Man and try to drink the wall of beers.

Nasa is pretty cool.

Go down toward the coast or even Galveston and get some great seafood.

On the food front again, if you have never been to a crawfish boil, go to the Ragin Cajun on Richmond inside the 610 loop. Great fun and good eatin!

And yes, it will be hot as hell this time of year, so be prepared to sweat.

Houston isnt great, but is all this really coming from people in Philly and Jersey? I know we havent been on the national news lately for cop killers and brutal police. Check out Jake's Philly Steaks. It is the home of the Houston Eagles Nest, and where we hosted 100-200 Eagles fans the night before the game dwon here a few years ago. All the Philly natives liked the steaks. It's not Pat's, but its good. I know some of our guys are going to one of the Phils games. Post on Houston Eagles Fans and check it out.

Yo POSER!

These guys sound like thier part of the G.L. :roll:

Been in Houston for almost 5 years now and it's not that bad of a city. Austin is the place to be in Texas -- IMO but I live here in Houston. There are a lot cool things to see and do. It all depends on what kind of things you like.