Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKLYNYG

NFC East Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Team of the Decade

• Giants
    • Eagles
    • Boys
    • Skins

Which team should be considered "The Team of the Decade" thus far?

Giants: 53% reg sea win %; 2 Div Titles; 3 WC; 6 Playoff Wins; 2 SB Appearances; 1 SB Win

Eagles: 65% reg sea win %; 5 Div Titles; 1 WC; 8 Playoff Wins; 1 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Cowboys: 48% reg sea win %; 1 Div Titles; 2 WC; 0 Playoff Wins; 0 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Skins: 45% reg sea win %; 0 Div Titles; 2 WC; 1 Playoff Win; 0 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Giants: 53% reg sea win %; 2 Div Titles; 3 WC; 6 Playoff Wins; 2 SB Appearances; 1 SB Win

Eagles: 65% reg sea win %; 5 Div Titles; 1 WC; 8 Playoff Wins; 1 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Cowboys: 48% reg sea win %; 1 Div Titles; 2 WC; 0 Playoff Wins; 0 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Skins: 45% reg sea win %; 0 Div Titles; 2 WC; 1 Playoff Win; 0 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Sadly, it's still the Eagles...Unless the Giants win another SB in the next 2 season, which is definitely very possible...

Thats not fair because we sucked until Gibbs came back. <_<

a decade is a decade...you can't manipulate this poll to make your squad look better...

:D

Thats not fair because we sucked until Gibbs came back. <_<

You sucked when he came back too so what's the point?

This is basically a two team poll between the Giants and the Eagles.

The Eagles have the edge in wins and division titles.

The Giants have the edge in Superbowls.

Up until this past season this was a landslide win for the Eagles. But appearing in 2 superbowls and winning 1 takes the Giants to the top spot. So the Giants are the NFC East team of the decade.

It's a toss-up between the Giants and Eagles. The Giants have the only Lombardi so that pretty much tips the scales completely in their favor. The Eagles have pretty much dominated the NFC East the remainder of the time and have done everything BUT win the Super Bowl. Since your topic is "Team of the Decade" which would refer to success over the full 10 year period, I'll go with the Eagles. A couple more playoff spots and a bump in the winning percentage before the end of 2009 and it goes to the Giants.

Eagles and Giants. Either one could be argued. Eagles with the success in playoff wins (well, wins in general), and Giants with their SB win.

ah..oh yeah we should have 2 division titles. or am i reading this wrong. i am confused!

ah..oh yeah we should have 2 division titles. or am i reading this wrong. i am confused!

WRONG DECADE!!!!!

I would have to give it to the giants, they are the only team to bring home the glass slipper, don't matter if a team was undefeated for the entire decade if they didn't get the prize it means nothing

WRONG DECADE!!!!!

i thought we were going back a decade! leave me alone rich, damn you are on me like a fly!

I had a tough time with this one. The Eagles were so damn consistent from 00-04 winning at least 11 games every year. The Eagles only had one bad season (below .500), the Giants have had 3. The Giants on the other had have really picked it up of late. 3 straight playoff appearances and a SB win keep us in the conversation. The next two years will most likely determine the winner. The Boys would have to get to the SB both years to be considered IMO. The Skins have had a bad decade.

I would have to give it to the giants, they are the only team to bring home the glass slipper, don't matter if a team was undefeated for the entire decade if they didn't get the prize it means nothing

Disagree. Body of work is equally important when talking about an entire decade.

Disagree. Body of work is equally important when talking about an entire decade.

I agree.

wrong--take boxing for instance as an example, it don't matter if your punch contact ratio is 1000-1, if the one was the knockout blow who wins?

Cowboys: 48% reg sea win %; 1 Div Titles; 2 WC; 0 Playoff Wins; [b]0 [/b]SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

:P:lol: ahhh.. love seeing that

Two Super Bowl appearences and one Super Bowl win over 1 Super Bowl appearence and no win. Giants win the decade, amazing to say given all the regular season wins the birdies won in the decade.

For the eagles fans:

No ones really gives a crap about you until you win a superbowl...you could win 20 playoff games in this decade, but if you have no superbowl trophy to account for it, then you just plain suck...

Just like the Cowboys have this decade.

It goes to the Giants, shouldn't be any questions asked, they got the trophy to prove it...lucky punks!! lol!

:P:lol: ahhh.. love seeing that

You know what I love seeing more?? That little stat that says you all have 0 SB Wins. Lol, think about it, after one of the most talented Eagles teams you've ever put together, one of the better teams of the decade, and probably the most talented team that you will have had for the next 10-20 years AND you didn't even win a superbowl when you all had the chance...That opportunity might not come for awhile, NOW that must suck.

No hard feelings though, Dallas put together a nice team and still can't even win a playoff game...

:P It really sucks...lol