Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKLYNYG

NFC East Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Team of the Decade

• Giants
    • Eagles
    • Boys
    • Skins

Its clearly not the Cowboys.

BUT, you have to agree that the Cowboys and eagles are tied for the same # of super bowl wins this decade

BUT, you have to agree that the Cowboys and eagles are tied for the same # of super bowl wins this decade

That wasnt the topic of this thread. I know the public school systems in Texas are **** but sheesh.

The Giants have overtaken the Eagles with their most recent super bowl win.

I would be willing to give them that. Super Bowls are all that matters and nobody in the NFC East has one this decade besides them.

The Eagles have been more consistant through the entire decade even though the Giants had one much better season.

However, there are still two more years left in this decade. If the Giants win the division in the last two, then it will be theirs for the decade.

The Eagles have been more consistant through the entire decade even though the Giants had one much better season.

However, there are still two more years left in this decade. If the Giants win the division in the last two, then it will be theirs for the decade.

agreed. You pulled me back in.

wrong--take boxing for instance as an example, it don't matter if your punch contact ratio is 1000-1, if the one was the knockout blow who wins?

So you're saying Rahman had a better career than Lennox Lewis?????

Which team should be considered "The Team of the Decade" thus far?

Giants: 53% reg sea win %; 2 Div Titles; 3 WC; 6 Playoff Wins; 2 SB Appearances; 1 SB Win

Eagles: 65% reg sea win %; 5 Div Titles; 1 WC; 8 Playoff Wins; 1 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Cowboys: 48% reg sea win %; 1 Div Titles; 2 WC; 0 Playoff Wins; 0 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Skins: 45% reg sea win %; 0 Div Titles; 2 WC; 1 Playoff Win; 0 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Ugh. I hate to say it, but Championships talk so I gotta go Giants. But the Eagles are 2nd and no other team in the division even merits a single vote.

Disagree. Body of work is equally important when talking about an entire decade.

The body of work does matter. But it isn't like the Giants only made the playoffs once and happened to win the Super Bowl that one year. I want to say Eagles but I can't. If the Eagles win a Super Bowl this year or next they will take the title but otherwise I think it has to stay with the Giants.

For the eagles fans:

No ones really gives a crap about you until you win a superbowl...you could win 20 playoff games in this decade, but if you have no superbowl trophy to account for it, then you just plain suck...

Just like the Cowboys have this decade.

It goes to the Giants, shouldn't be any questions asked, they got the trophy to prove it...lucky punks!! lol!

Well, I guess your weak-a$$ team full of punks could've stopped them....except you didn't because you're a bunch of choke artists............

Well, I guess your weak-a$$ team full of punks could've stopped them....except you didn't because you're a bunch of choke artists............

Fair enough, they're along with the Eagles as choke artists in the playoffs right? Eagles having one of the better teams of this decade and either falling short by choking in the NFCC or losing in the superbowl...

Top teams of the decade:

Patriots

Colts

Giants

Steelers

Eagles

Rams

Bucs/Ravens

Ravens/Bucs

Yes, Ravens and Bucs did win SB's but I think that the Eagles were overall a better team. I would say it goes somewhere along those lines...Rams and Eagles could be changed too, putting the Eagles at #5...so I'll put Eagles at 5.

Thats not fair because we sucked until Gibbs came back. <_<

you pretty much still suck though

You know what I love seeing more?? That little stat that says you all have 0 SB Wins. Lol, think about it, after one of the most talented Eagles teams you've ever put together, one of the better teams of the decade, and probably the most talented team that you will have had for the next 10-20 years AND you didn't even win a superbowl when you all had the chance...That opportunity might not come for awhile, NOW that must suck.

No hard feelings though, Dallas put together a nice team and still can't even win a playoff game...

:P It really sucks...lol

Yet we still manage to beat Dallas. :rolleyes:

For the eagles fans:

No ones really gives a crap about you until you win a superbowl...you could win 20 playoff games in this decade, but if you have no superbowl trophy to account for it, then you just plain suck...

Just like the Cowboys have this decade.

It goes to the Giants, shouldn't be any questions asked, they got the trophy to prove it...lucky punks!! lol!

Were you even alive to see the Cowboys last SB? :lol:

i don't get how the eagles are the team of the decade when we didn't even win a superbowl? We've been to 1, whereas the Giants have been to 2, while winning one.

Sorry man, but Lombardi trophies are the only ones that matter. Gotta say the VaGiants are the TOTD

I had a tough time with this one. The Eagles were so damn consistent from 00-04 winning at least 11 games every year. The Eagles only had one bad season (below .500), the Giants have had 3. The Giants on the other had have really picked it up of late. 3 straight playoff appearances and a SB win keep us in the conversation. The next two years will most likely determine the winner. The Boys would have to get to the SB both years to be considered IMO. The Skins have had a bad decade.

So tough to say because of '00-'04 with the Eagles,5 division titles, 7 playoff wins, 4 NFC Title Game appearances, and a SB appearance... but they never did win that all-important SB that the Giants just won. Giants also have 2 SB appearances in the decade and a couple division titles. Then again, the Giants didn't win the division or a playoff game between '01 and '06. (correct me if I'm wrong on that one.)

The Boys have 1 division title and 0 playoff wins in this decade. They aren't in this conversation at this point.

So tough to say because of '00-'04 with the Eagles,5 division titles, 7 playoff wins, 4 NFC Title Game appearances, and a SB appearance... but they never did win that all-important SB that the Giants just won. Giants also have 2 SB appearances in the decade and a couple division titles. Then again, the Giants didn't win the division or a playoff game between '01 and '06. (correct me if I'm wrong on that one.)

The Boys have 1 division title and 0 playoff wins in this decade. They aren't in this conversation at this point.

We won the division in 05 but that was it after 00.

This is a good question that is really interpreted by how one defines the question. Its really hard to believe that the giants made 2 appearances in the SB in this decade.

The Eagles, but not by a landslide.

they've been the standard of the NFC East for a large part of the decade....not to mention, I believe, that they are among the teams with the most wins so far also, in the entire NFL.