Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKLYNYG

NFC East Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Team of the Decade

• Giants
    • Eagles
    • Boys
    • Skins

Giants are 1st based on the fact that have the only SB win and most SB appearances. 2 in Division titles and playoff wins and appearances.

The Eagles are a close 2nd that SB win puts the Giants on the top

Dallas is 3rd they have a division title

Washington is last

You know what I love seeing more?? That little stat that says you all have 0 SB Wins. Lol, think about it, after one of the most talented Eagles teams you've ever put together, one of the better teams of the decade, and probably the most talented team that you will have had for the next 10-20 years AND you didn't even win a superbowl when you all had the chance...That opportunity might not come for awhile, NOW that must suck.

No hard feelings though, Dallas put together a nice team and still can't even win a playoff game...

:P It really sucks...lol

Also, the Cowboys had a winless season back in, I think, 1960 and the Eagles didn't have a winless season.

The Giants and IMO it's really not that close since they won the SB. I love the Iggs but you can't be close to another team when they won the title and you have not.

Damn, I voted AFTER I posted and see this...

Giants [ 24 ] [28.24%]

Eagles [ 58 ] [68.24%]

Boys [ 1 ] [1.18%]

Skins [ 2 ] [2.35%]

WTF people? I can understand loving your team but this poll is just out of line.

It's a toss-up between the Giants and Eagles. The Giants have the only Lombardi so that pretty much tips the scales completely in their favor. The Eagles have pretty much dominated the NFC East the remainder of the time and have done everything BUT win the Super Bowl. Since your topic is "Team of the Decade" which would refer to success over the full 10 year period, I'll go with the Eagles. A couple more playoff spots and a bump in the winning percentage before the end of 2009 and it goes to the Giants.

It wouldn't be toss up at all had the eagles even won one superbowl but they didn't so it has to go to the giants-equate that to a game situation, you can rack up 600 yards in between the 20's but unless you get to the promised land it means nothing--looks good stat wise but that's as far as it goes.

It wouldn't be toss up at all had the eagles even won one superbowl but they didn't so it has to go to the giants-equate that to a game situation, you can rack up 600 yards in between the 20's but unless you get to the promised land it means nothing--looks good stat wise but that's as far as it goes.

Well we know one thing. It damn sure isn't the Cowboys. :lol:

i hate the Giants and that piss infested crap city.

But they won the SB and the Eagles did not.

it sucks, but it is what it is

No, this decade it certainly isn't, I agree

Hi Cowboy ron. What's up? :lol:

I got to go with the Giants with the Eagles being a close second, Cowboys third and Redskins last.

- The Giants are the only team to have achieved the ultimate goal and have the second highest winning percentage of any team in the division this decade.

- The Eagles have had a fantastic run through most of this decade, even if they kept coming up short when it mattered.

- The Cowboys were abysmal in 2000, 2001 and 2002, pretty much a fraud team in 2003, came back to earth in 2004, fielded above average teams in 2005 and 2006, and had a dynamite squad this past season until December. Looking at the Cowboys they haven't been completely awful this decade, but certainly disappointing because they had no playoff success.

- The Redskins always seem like a gigantic overachiever team to me. I don't remember any Washington squad this decade being particularly good. When they play well it's usually in stretches. Considering they won a playoff this decade maybe they should be higher than Dallas, but overall the Skins haven't really done much.

I got to go with the Giants with the Eagles being a close second, Cowboys third and Redskins last.

- The Giants are the only team to have achieved the ultimate goal and have the second highest winning percentage of any team in the division this decade.

- The Eagles have had a fantastic run through most of this decade, even if they kept coming up short when it mattered.

- The Cowboys were abysmal in 2001 and 2002, pretty much a fraud team in 2003, came back to earth in 2004, fielded above average teams in 2005 and 2006, and had a dynamite squad this past season until December. Looking at the Cowboys they haven't been completely awful this decade, but certainly disappointing because they had no playoff success.

- The Redskins always seem like a gigantic overachiever team to me. I don't remember any Washington squad this decade being particularly good. When they play well it's usually in stretches. Considering they won a playoff this decade maybe they should be higher than Dallas, but overall the Skins haven't really done much.

Good assessment.

And welcome to the boards. :-)

if we're talking dominance of the NFC East then the Eagles win by a landslide, 5 divisional titles says it all.

but if we're talking just winning in general....well acutally yeah i would still go with the Eagles. even with the Giants superbowl win.

I think it's split but I'll say Eagles. Once you use the word decade for me it's simply most division titles in that period. Your talking about the NFC easts team, not the NFLs team.

Eagles have been the most consistant, but I had to go with the Giants. I'd trade 9 years of hell for 1 Super Bowl at this point.

I seriously have to question the 2 Skins homers who voted for the Skins, as I know no one else in their right mind would do such a thing. :P Perhaps they were sympathy votes.

Sadly, it's still the Eagles...Unless the Giants win another SB in the next 2 season, which is definitely very possible...

I'll take superbowls over division titles. Giants have 2 appearances and 1 title along with 2 division titles and 5 playoff appearances in total. I go with the Giants.

Doesn't diminish the amount of time the Eagles made me swear uncontrollably and punch my chair, door, etc, etc. 2001-2004 were dark times.

eagles have evened out their early upswing the last 3 years. unless the eagles win a sb by 2010, this decade (so far) belongs to the giants.

The Ravens won a SB in 2000. Does that mean they've been a better team this decade than Philly? :huh:

The Ravens won a SB in 2000. Does that mean they've been a better team this decade than Philly? :huh:

It's not as if the Giants have been a flash in the pan this decade. Five playoff appearances, 2 SBs, and one win.

Eagles will take the NFC east team of the Decade! They are the only one swho consistently make it to the playoffs or almost to the playoffs and put up a fight when it count even with injuries. dallas hasnt been good since aikman smith and irvan were on the team in the 90s and the gmen are second with the sb win but if eagles win in the next 2 seasons they would have been in the playoffs and went farthest in the playoffs.

It's close. I'd definitely give it to the Giants if the Eagles didn't have more playoff wins and such a high winning percentage. I'd definitely give it to the Eagles if the Giants didn't have 2 appearances in the dance with 1 win. I just decided to not vote.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the division records for each team this decade?

It's close. I'd definitely give it to the Giants if the Eagles didn't have more playoff wins and such a high winning percentage. I'd definitely give it to the Eagles if the Giants didn't have 2 appearances in the dance with 1 win. I just decided to not vote.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the division records for each team this decade?

I can tell you the Giants vs Eagles.

2000 Giants 3-0

2001 Eagles 2-0

2002 1-1 split

2003 Eagles 2-0

2004 Eagles 2-0

2005 Giants 2-0

2006 Eagles 2-1

2007 Giants 2-0

Giants 9

Eagles 9

including playoffs.

unless I made a mistake which is possible.

That is alot more sweeps than I was expecting

I can tell you the Giants vs Eagles.

2000 Giants 3-0

2001 Eagles 2-0

2002 1-1 split

2003 Eagles 2-0

2004 Eagles 2-0

2005 Giants 2-0

2006 Eagles 2-1

2007 Giants 2-0

Giants 9

Eagles 9

including playoffs.

unless I made a mistake which is possible.