Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKLYNYG

NFC East Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Team of the Decade

• Giants
    • Eagles
    • Boys
    • Skins

Eagles are the team of the decade. I hate how people in here are saying the Giants got a SB, so they are the best in the division. If a team went 0-16 2000-2008, but got a SB in 2009, are they now suddenly the team of the decade? Giants were the best last year, however the Eagles owned the East for most of these 10 years. If the Giants win another SB they'll be the best, until then it's the Eagles.

I gotta go Giants. SB appearance and Lombardis mean business.

Eagles are the team of the decade. I hate how people in here are saying the Giants got a SB, so they are the best in the division. If a team went 0-16 2000-2008, but got a SB in 2009, are they now suddenly the team of the decade? Giants were the best last year, however the Eagles owned the East for most of these 10 years. If the Giants win another SB they'll be the best, until then it's the Eagles.

Its not as if the Giants were a walkover except from 03 and 04.

happyfoosball posted it its been 9-9 between these two respective teams this decade.

Hell, by that logic then the Buccaneers had a better decade than the Eagles. :blink::lol:

Which team should be considered "The Team of the Decade" thus far?

Giants: 53% reg sea win %; 2 Div Titles; 3 WC; 6 Playoff Wins; 2 SB Appearances; 1 SB Win

Eagles: 65% reg sea win %; 5 Div Titles; 1 WC; 8 Playoff Wins; 1 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Cowboys: 48% reg sea win %; 1 Div Titles; 2 WC; 0 Playoff Wins; 0 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Skins: 45% reg sea win %; 0 Div Titles; 2 WC; 1 Playoff Win; 0 SB Appearances; 0 SB Win

Team of the decade was/is the Eagles. They flat out dominated their division. That being said, I'd trade all those "Division titles" for a SuperBowl Title.....

Cowboys and Skins have been frauds.

The only thing that counts is rings and it's very convenient for a Giants fan to start a thread that will be solely based on a championship after the Giants win the championship. I'm going to revoke your Rangers fan priviledges

This is a great thread.

I am a huge Giants fan. And I hate the Eagles more than any other team in the NFL (Yes, that include the Cowboys). However, I have to give it to the Eagles. I know we won the SB and apeared in another one. But the way the Eagles dominated the early 2000's was simply amazing. It's not only the amount of game they won, but its also the manner in how they won them that's impressive.

Not to rain on your parade, but of those 5 Division titles in this decade, how many of them were won when the rest of the division was in a complete shambles for the most part? Lombardi's badly outweigh Division Championships and regular season wins

Call me a homer, but the answer to the question posed in this thread is the Giants, and its not close.

Not to rain on your parade, but of those 5 Division titles in this decade, how many of them were won when the rest of the division was in a complete shambles for the most part? Lombardi's badly outweigh Division Championships and regular season wins

Call me a homer, but the answer to the question posed in this thread is the Giants, and its not close.

I beleive this has been the biggest problem with the entire eagles organization for a long time, they look at mediocrity as success and don't set their sights high enough on a consistent basis.

Whats mostly annoying is in 8 years only 1 nfc east team has won the superbowl. In the 90's the East took 5 out of 10 I think. In the 80's wasn't it 4 out of 10?

Eagles. But that'll change by the end of the decade. Eagle's lit it up for the first 5-6 years. THe past 3, however, they've been topped by Dallas and Giants. Giants are no 2 by default. 2 superbowl appearances and 1 win. They weren't at all dangerous most of the other years they played. (where as the eagles could have won 5 superbowls--they were good enough but didn't). I voted eagles.

Dallas adds their 6th next year though.

I remember the good old days when the Giants beat the Eagles 9 or 10 straight. I miss those days.

I don't. We were .500 every one of those years so it never even mattered.

Eagle's lit it up for the first 5-6 years.

Thats my point. Other than '04, what did they 'light up'? A pretty weak division? They won a lot of regular season games and the NFC Championship one time. There is little doubt that their '04 season was impressive, but they didn't do anything else with their success except to win basically a 2 team division for a few years. If that makes them the team of the decade, then I missed something along the way. The team to win it ALL when none of their counterparts could in the span of 8 years is the team I'd give the nod to as the one of the decade when discussing division accomplishments.

Regular season wins are just that. Regular

It's not as if the Giants have been a flash in the pan this decade. Five playoff appearances, 2 SBs, and one win.

I didn't say that. Somebody said that it's all about the Lombardi. I was simply asking a question.

You have called many people on this board a homer. Saying that it's not close is as big as a homer as I've seen some Eagles' fans on this MB.

IMO, it's VERY close. I'm just not sure which way it goes. Can we call it a tie? :huh:

I'm going to go with the Giants since they're the only team in the Division to have won a Super Bowl this decade.

You have called many people on this board a homer. Saying that it's not close is as big as a homer as I've seen some Eagles' fans on this MB.

IMO, it's VERY close. I'm just not sure which way it goes. Can we call it a tie? :huh:

If the Eagles won the SB in '04, I'd give it to them as the team of the decade

They didn't, and IMO, it's not close because of that fact. Winning the SB is the point of it all, and no one else in the NFCE was able to do it. The Eagles won more regular season games, but they didn't win the big one, nor did they get there as often as the Giants did. I'll take the homer tag if necessary, but thats how I see it.

Thats my point. Other than '04, what did they 'light up'? A pretty weak division? They won a lot of regular season games and the NFC Championship one time. There is little doubt that their '04 season was impressive, but they didn't do anything else with their success except to win basically a 2 team division for a few years. If that makes them the team of the decade, then I missed something along the way. The team to win it ALL when none of their counterparts could in the span of 8 years is the team I'd give the nod to as the one of the decade when discussing division accomplishments.

Regular season wins are just that. Regular

Dude, it's not the Eagles fault the division sucked.

This thread is like the following:

Hey, Guys! I just won the Lottery!

Let's play a game! Let's see who has the most amount of money among us! It'll be fun!

I don't. We were .500 every one of those years so it never even mattered.

Not really. The streak ran through 2000 where they went 14-5 and went to the superbowl. The Eagles were 12-6 that year including playoffs too with 3 of those loses coming to NY.

They didn't, and IMO, it's not close because of that fact. Winning the SB is the point of it all, and no one else in the NFCE was able to do it. The Eagles won more regular season games, but they didn't win the big one, nor did they get there as often as the Giants did. I'll take the homer tag if necessary, but thats how I see it.

Thats what it is about really. 2 NFC championships and 1 nfl championship puts NY ahead. There are two years left if the Eagles want to take it back all they have to do is win a superbowl.

Not really. The streak ran through 2000 where they went 14-5 and went to the superbowl. The Eagles were 12-6 that year including playoffs too with 3 of those loses coming to NY.

That was the only year we were above .500 right?

Did the streak start in 97?

That was the only year we were above .500 right?

Did the streak start in 97?

Yep. We last beat you guys 24-0 in December of 96 before finally beating you guys 10-9 in October of 01. 9 straight losses counting the Divisional round playoff loss.

That goes back to my question about the Ravens. What if the Giants had the same track record as Baltimore this decade? If winning the SB is the only thing that matters, would they still be the team of the decade? :huh: