Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKLYNYG

NFC East Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Team of the Decade

• Giants
    • Eagles
    • Boys
    • Skins

LMAO "Gold Standard" fools gold maybe -they'll make a little noise this year until McNever pukes on himself and loses a few close games then it will be everyone else's fault once again ....GOLD STANDARD!! :huh:

the eagles were very good, just could never get it done when it counts...cant completely blame it all on mcnabb, but the whole team choked

It is that mentality that the front office adheres to, while other teams rack up super bowls this front office knows that this fan base is completely satisfied that the little eagles did win the most regular season games. the front office will toss the fans a bone every few years (T.O., Samuel) to make the fans think that they are just a player or two away from a super bowl and to keep the seats filled. As long as the seats are filled and the pockets get lined the front office could care less about a super bowl, since they already feel they are the "gold standard"- :lol:

So you're a Cowboy fan yet talk like you're an Eagles fan? Only in Vegas...

BTW the Steelers, Pats and Giants have won SB's following that same "cheap" pattern that you speak of. The Eagles haven't always made the right choices but they are far from cheap.

But what did they do that was so successful that trumps 2 NFC Championships, 2 SB appearances and 1 SB win?!

If you wanna be proud over winning the NFCE when it was at its worst, thats your business. It doesn't mean they had more success than the Giants. Anyone who doesn't see this just doesn't want to see it

BEFORE last year. Why can't you understand that part?

BEFORE last year. Why can't you understand that part?

Yeah, dude...I get that. We're talking about the past 8 years that have comprised this current decade, and my argument still stands on it's own. The sticking point seems to be regular season games, and I don't put anywhere near as much stock into them as you do. Guess we can call this one a draw because it'll never work ;)

Why does it have to be the Eagles? Regular season wins? Dallas was 13-3 last year and has absolutely nothing to show for it. People dont remember regular season wins, they remember Championships

Explain your reasoning

ok so the giants get 1 good season out of how many the last 7yrs and all of sudden they been the team to beat in the nfc east? your superbowl was a fluke plain and simple, and the giants will show that this yr. if they played the pats 10 times i would guarantee the pats would win at least 9 of them. the question was asked who was the nfc east team of the decade? 1 season compared to 6 seasons? yes eagles didnt win the superbowl i agree, but 4 nfc championship games 1 sb appeareance and 5 division titles would be the correct answer to the question. like i said giants won the sb last yr they had 1 good season maybe 2 out of the last 6 yrs so its irrelevant that the giants are the best team of the nfc east the last decade. be happy i could have put the sorry a55 cowboys 2nd lol.

Yeah, dude...I get that. We're talking about the past 8 years that have comprised this current decade, and my argument still stands on it's own. The sticking point seems to be regular season games, and I don't put anywhere near as much stock into them as you do. Guess we can call this one a draw because it'll never work ;)

My whole point is that the Eagles had more success before last year...even though you don't wanna admit it (don't know why it's so damn hard for you). Does a SB win leapfrog them so far ahead that it's not even close? :huh:

ok so the giants get 1 good season out of how many the last 7yrs and all of sudden they been the team to beat in the nfc east? your superbowl was a fluke plain and simple, and the giants will show that this yr. if they played the pats 10 times i would guarantee the pats would win at least 9 of them. the question was asked who was the nfc east team of the decade? 1 season compared to 6 seasons? yes eagles didnt win the superbowl i agree, but 4 nfc championship games 1 sb appeareance and 5 division titles would be the correct answer to the question. like i said giants won the sb last yr they had 1 good season maybe 2 out of the last 6 yrs so its irrelevant that the giants are the best team of the nfc east the last decade. be happy i could have put the sorry a55 cowboys 2nd lol.

This question has nothing to do with the Pats, stay on course.

4 NFC championship games yes, but you guys are 1-3 in those games; the Giants are 2-0 in NFCCG this decade.

It's not like the Giants came out of nowhere. They're the only team in the division to make the playoffs the past 3 seasons (the Eagles on the other hand have been in last place 2 of those years).

I just noticed your silly Cowboys comment at the end of your post and realized you're just a hater. No need to continue proving my point.

I did admit it in a sense

Depends on your definition of 'better team'

If you mean more regular season wins, then yes...the Eagles were the better team. That doesn't tell the whole story though, just like stats don't tell the whole story. What did those regular season wins get them other than a higher win percentage over the Giants? I'd take a Lombardi over 10 straight NFCE Championships in a decade any day of the week, just as I'm sure any sane and rational football fan would.

I can't explain it any better than this, Dmac. You are clearly hung up on the fact that the Eagles had more regular season wins than the Giants, and it is right there, in black and white, when I admitted that if you want to base your entire argument on regular season wins, then the Eagles were the better team

However...

I do not, and can not, judge a team solely on their regular season wins. If regular season wins were all that mattered, then the playoffs and the SB would be completely and totally unnecessary, wouldn't they? You guys would be the unmatched and unrivaled team of the decade, and therefore, would be considered the Champions.

Here comes the reality of the situation :rolleyes:

It doesn't work that way, and if you don't believe me, ask around. No one in their right mind would tell you that the Eagles have had more success so far in this decade than the Giants have, unless they happen to share your view about regular season games and winning percentages. In which case, I'd have to walk away from them as well because they refuse to see the whole picture.

Sorry, bro....you're a good guy. I just can't argue this anymore because it's going nowhere fast.

The standard I used in determining my vote is putting myself in the mindset that if someone were to give me those 4 options in 2000, which one I would pick. Without question, IMO, it's the Giants. The Eagles have had a great run this decade, but the Giants brought home the ring. To me, the team of the decade is the one that wins the most Super Bowls.

Why dont we just rank the teams from 1-8, I will start with the first 6

1 2004 Eagles

2 2002 Eagles

3 2007 Giants

4 2001 Eagles

5 2000 Giants

6 2003 Eagles

Why dont we just rank the teams from 1-8, I will start with the first 6

1 2004 Eagles

2 2002 Eagles

3 2007 Giants

4 2001 Eagles

5 2000 Giants

6 2003 Eagles

How can the only team that won the SB be third?

How do you NOT have the SB winner at the top of that list?!?!

The '04 Eagles were more successful than the '07 Giants?

:lol::roll::lol:

It's still the Eagles. To win 4 division titles in a row and winning 11+ games 5 years in a row and 3 years in a row winning 12+ games is definately an accomplishment. Not to mention under Andy Reid the Eagles have won at least one playoff game every time they've been in the playoffs. They've never gone one and done.

The Giants are a very close 2nd and are inching even closer with a SB win. If they win another SB or start winning divisions year in year out, they take it easily.

Cowboys- nope

Redskins- hell no.

In terms of talent maybe I'll agree with that last but agreed how do you not have a SB winner below 3 teams that didnt win it and 2 teams that didnt even get there.

yeah thats just dumb. Last time I checked winning the SB makes you the best team, not winning the most games in the regular season.

Eagles first, Jints a close second, at this point. Jints could take it with stronger finishes in 2008, 2009, and 2010. As for the record in SB titles, XXXIX is a tainted game, but that doesn't mean much for the Eagles, 'cause there's no guarantee that we would've beaten the Steelers that year anyway. But props to the Jints (and former Eagles coach Steve Spagnuolo) for the Jints winning the SB last year.

yeah thats just dumb. Last time I checked winning the SB makes you the best team, not winning the most games in the regular season.

Winning a SB makes you one of the best teams that year. Giants did not impress me all year. Say the Giants played the Colts or SD would they have won who knows. Gaints lucked into that SB. Eagles Dominated on their way to theirs. The 98 Vikings had on of the best teams put together just because they lost the NFCCG every SB finalist ever is better thats just crazy.

Thanks for proving my point that the sole purpose of this thread is to celebrate the Giants winning the Super Bowl. In reality, the 2004 Eagles would beat the 2007 Giants like they stole money.

Winning a SB makes you one of the best teams that year. Giants did not impress me all year. Say the Giants played the Colts or SD would they have won who knows. Gaints lucked into that SB. Eagles Dominated on their way to theirs. The 98 Vikings had on of the best teams put together just because they lost the NFCCG every SB finalist ever is better thats just crazy.

Ridiculous comparison attempt and homerism LMAO

The Eagles 2004 team (like the '02 and '03) versions benefitted from a HORRIBLE NFCE it was clearly a rebuilding period for every other NFCE team not from Philly

The 2004 team did not "dominate" any great matchups on the way to their SB loss. They did not have to beat back to back to back Division winners on the road. They had two pancake home games ....thats it. In fact if you look back the best team they had to beat was the Mike Vick led Falcons..OMG talk about a cake walk. So they went on and McNever vomits and tey lose the rest is history.

Luck had nothing to do with the amazing run the Giants just had. Get a clue

Thanks for proving my point that the sole purpose of this thread is to celebrate the Giants winning the Super Bowl. In reality, the 2004 Eagles would beat the 2007 Giants like they stole money.

sorry but if the '04 Eagles met the '07 GMEN the Giant dline abuses McNever worse than they did last year in NY...what was it TWELVE total sacks....cannot wait to see them crap on your GOLD STANDARD again son :D

I did admit it in a sense

I can't explain it any better than this, Dmac. You are clearly hung up on the fact that the Eagles had more regular season wins than the Giants, and it is right there, in black and white, when I admitted that if you want to base your entire argument on regular season wins, then the Eagles were the better team

However...

I do not, and can not, judge a team solely on their regular season wins. If regular season wins were all that mattered, then the playoffs and the SB would be completely and totally unnecessary, wouldn't they? You guys would be the unmatched and unrivaled team of the decade, and therefore, would be considered the Champions.

Here comes the reality of the situation :rolleyes:

It doesn't work that way, and if you don't believe me, ask around. No one in their right mind would tell you that the Eagles have had more success so far in this decade than the Giants have, unless they happen to share your view about regular season games and winning percentages. In which case, I'd have to walk away from them as well because they refuse to see the whole picture.

Sorry, bro....you're a good guy. I just can't argue this anymore because it's going nowhere fast.

I'm not hung up on regular season wins...the Eagles have had plenty of playoffs victories, too (just not the one that matters). If I had to say, I'd probably go with the Giants as the team of the decade because their SB win puts them over the top. But, in no way, shape, or form are they light-years ahead of Philly. Period.

Now do you see my point?

sorry but if the '04 Eagles met the '07 GMEN the Giant dline abuses McNever worse than they did last year in NY...what was it TWELVE total sacks....cannot wait to see them crap on your GOLD STANDARD again son :D

Winston Justice didn't play for the Eagles in '04.

Just saying.

Winston Justice didn't play for the Eagles in '04.

Just saying.

Justice doesn't play on all 5 spots on the line, does he? They came at McNabb from everywhere, and Osi moved inside on a couple of them as well.

But, in no way, shape, or form are they light-years ahead of Philly

Fair enough. They are ahead of them though. I'll admit that I went too far with the 'not close' comment