Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKLYNYG

NFC East Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Team of the Decade

• Giants
    • Eagles
    • Boys
    • Skins

Winning a SB makes you one of the best teams that year. Giants did not impress me all year. Say the Giants played the Colts or SD would they have won who knows. Gaints lucked into that SB. Eagles Dominated on their way to theirs. The 98 Vikings had on of the best teams put together just because they lost the NFCCG every SB finalist ever is better thats just crazy.

Before we beat them the combined records of the teams we beat in the playoffs after Tampa was 45-6. I'm sorry but it is impossible to get more tested than that. It literally is impossible.

Those were three of the best teams in football and we beat them, and deserved to beat them. Point to the catch all you want we still deserved to win that game against the Pats.

sorry but if the '04 Eagles met the '07 GMEN the Giant dline abuses McNever worse than they did last year in NY...what was it TWELVE total sacks....cannot wait to see them crap on your GOLD STANDARD again son :D

04-Eagles 47, 07-Giants 21.

Easily.

This question has nothing to do with the Pats, stay on course.

4 NFC championship games yes, but you guys are 1-3 in those games; the Giants are 2-0 in NFCCG this decade.

It's not like the Giants came out of nowhere. They're the only team in the division to make the playoffs the past 3 seasons (the Eagles on the other hand have been in last place 2 of those years).

I just noticed your silly Cowboys comment at the end of your post and realized you're just a hater. No need to continue proving my point.

Checkmate!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game Over.... Close Thread... Great job BK

Winning a SB makes you one of the best teams that year. Giants did not impress me all year. Say the Giants played the Colts or SD would they have won who knows. Gaints lucked into that SB. Eagles Dominated on their way to theirs. The 98 Vikings had on of the best teams put together just because they lost the NFCCG every SB finalist ever is better thats just crazy.

For the 100th time, I'd like to know how a team who beats 2 teams with 13 wins on the road (with one being the 3rd coldest game in NFL history) and a team entering the Super Bowl at 18-0 LUCKS into a Championship???

Seriously, I know you are all bitter that you'll probably die without ever seeing a Lombardi, but come on..you're all just embarrassing yourselves with this "luck" BS....

Justice doesn't play on all 5 spots on the line, does he? They came at McNabb from everywhere, and Osi moved inside on a couple of them as well.

Fair enough. They are ahead of them though. I'll admit that I went too far with the 'not close' comment

It's not the same team you f'ing idiot

04-Eagles 47, 07-Giants 21.

Easily.

Who cares?

The funny thing is the the 04 Eagles represents the peak of your franchise. How pathetic.

It's not the same team you f'ing idiot

Not the same team? Who was it that the Giants beat the hell out of that night and put their QB on his a** 12 times? Could have sworn it was a certain team out of Philadelphia

Must have been the Soul. No way it was the Eagles...right?

Careful with that 'idiot' tag, you Fing moron :rolleyes:

Not the same team? Who was it that the Giants beat the hell out of that night and put their QB on his a** 12 times? Could have sworn it was a certain team out of Philadelphia

Must have been the Soul. No way it was the Eagles...right?

Careful with that 'idiot' tag, you Fing moron :rolleyes:

I think he's saying last year's team is not the same as the 2004 team...

I think.

Winston Justice didn't play for the Eagles in '04.

Just saying.

When did Justice give up all 12 sacks? The whole line got dominated and it would have been worse had the Giants not called the dogs off half way through the period. Tuck and Kiwanuka were abusing your all=world oline as well.

Justice doesn't play on all 5 spots on the line, does he? They came at McNabb from everywhere, and Osi moved inside on a couple of them as well.

Fair enough. They are ahead of them though. I'll admit that I went too far with the 'not close' comment

Not only did they come from all sides, the primary reason they couldn't protect McNabb had nothing to do with Winston Justice. Runyan couldn't block strahan and they had to help herremans inside who people forget got injured during that game and needed knee surgery the next week and they overcompensated for him. The whole line got killed Runyan allowed 3.5 sacks, Justice allowed 6 (though some of them were not his fault), Herremans allowed 2, and jackson and andrews allowed the others.

For the 100th time, I'd like to know how a team who beats 2 teams with 13 wins on the road (with one being the 3rd coldest game in NFL history) and a team entering the Super Bowl at 18-0 LUCKS into a Championship???

Seriously, I know you are all bitter that you'll probably die without ever seeing a Lombardi, but come on..you're all just embarrassing yourselves with this "luck" BS....

The Giants were the best team in football by the end of the year. You'll have no argument from me. That defense was unreal. The only thing I hate is that Giants fans all of a sudden think Eli's the best QB in the division which he's not. They have the best team so who cares.

Its between the Eagles and Giants and the gnats get it because they actually won a superbowl (out of the two they were in).

eagles best in decade

gmen earned the superbowl win

had the eagles been healthy and won 9 games lookout..

skins were injured...

dallas I loathe..

The Giants were the best team in football by the end of the year. You'll have no argument from me. That defense was unreal. The only thing I hate is that Giants fans all of a sudden think Eli's the best QB in the division which he's not. They have the best team so who cares.

A very small number of Giants fans think he's the best QB in the division. What we do think is that if our team needs a game winning drive we'd rather have Eli behind center than Romo or McNabb.

A very small number of Giants fans think he's the best QB in the division. What we do think is that if our team needs a game winning drive we'd rather have Eli behind center than Romo or McNabb.

Perhaps but Eli could just as easily prevent you from getting to that point. He's very good under surrounding pressure (as in game stakes, crunch time, etc.) not so good with people in his face or coming around the edge. He makes a lot of stupid throws. However if we are at the point where we need a game winning FG or TD. I wouldnt at all mind having Eli behind center.

Perhaps but Eli could just as easily prevent you from getting to that point. He's very good under surrounding pressure (as in game stakes, crunch time, etc.) not so good with people in his face or coming around the edge. He makes a lot of stupid throws. However if we are at the point where we need a game winning FG or TD. I wouldnt at all mind having Eli behind center.

I actually think he does well with guys in his face and coming off the edges. When guys are at his feet is when he looks like he's running around in cement shoes. Eli is just not very nimble.

I wish he would just cut down on the picks. Although McNabb is not much more acurate than Eli percentage wise, when he misses he puts it in the dirt. Eli misses high and puts it in the other teams hands. Very frustrating as a fan.

I actually think he does well with guys in his face and coming off the edges. When guys are at his feet is when he looks like he's running around in cement shoes. Eli is just not very nimble.

I wish he would just cut down on the picks. Although McNabb is not much more acurate than Eli percentage wise, when he misses he puts it in the dirt. Eli misses high and puts it in the other teams hands. Very frustrating as a fan.

Actually McNabb's is 3 points better. Which is the same between someone completing 60% and 63%. Doesn't seem like a big difference but it is.

whos care if the 04 eagles could have beaten the 07 giants??..i didnt happen, so its usless to wonder..all i know is that so far giants 1 superbowl win, eagles 0....

When did Justice give up all 12 sacks? The whole line got dominated and it would have been worse had the Giants not called the dogs off half way through the period. Tuck and Kiwanuka were abusing your all=world oline as well.

Quit your crap! The Giants blitzed the left side of that line the whole game- go back and watch the film on NFL.com

It's no different then when we sacked Manning in 2006 9 times in one game. You faced a rookie that sucked, Westbrook didn't play so it was free rain as far as blitzes go. Stop talking ish as if your line is ALL GOD

Look at the 2nd game for a more accurate telling of how our line can handle your DLine. You had 3 sacks in that game and 1 was a legit sack, the other was McNabb holding the ball 2 damn long (coverage). The last one was McNabb tryng to get around the corner and Osi Human-Urine caught him from behind.

Your DLine is good but they got Handled that game when Tra and Westbrook played. Osi only had one sack in that game and that was Mcnabbs fault trying to get away from Osi with one leg hobbling instead of just throwing the ball away. On a side note though- Cole crushed your line and had 2 sacks and a few hurries.

Osi owes Reid money from that game because not only did it propel him to a Pro Bowl but now Osi thinks he should be paid Elite money. Homie finished with 13 sacks and 6 of them came in one game. So, over 15 fames you get 7 sacks and all of a sudden your the best in the game and deserve Freeney money. And he was a bum in 2006. I know, I know- I can hear all you Giants fans now "He was hurt though in 2006 so it's not accurate". So then let the same be said for our Oline during this past season.

Team of the decade is the Eagles. The Giants with another productive season could change that though. 4 areas to look at when judging this are:

Regular Season wins: Eagles

Division Titles: Eagles

Post season wins: Eagles

SB win(s): Giants

When asking a question like this, you have to look at the whole body work and the Eagles have to upper hand.

It's the same scenario as someone asking who's the better QB between Marino and Eli Manning. Eli got a ring but who's body of work as a QB is better?

Without a question. Eli's ability to deal with the NY media has been very impressive as well. I don't know if he's the best qb in the division but I wouldn't trade him for Romo or McNabb. I like him as the qb of the Giants. His low rating is overblown sometimes too. He only had one and three quarters really bad games this year. The whole Vikings game then the first 3 quarters of the Bears game. He was awful during that stretch. A lot of his bad stats really were because he played in piss weather most of the second half of the year. And it's not like Eli's the first quarterback to ever have to put up with that. Phil Simms had too for years and every other qb that's ever played for the Giants. There is a reason NYG quarterbacks don't tend to do well in the qb rating stat.

Without a question. Eli's ability to deal with the NY media has been very impressive as well. I don't know if he's the best qb in the division but I wouldn't trade him for Romo or McNabb. I like him as the qb of the Giants. His low rating is overblown sometimes too. He only had one and three quarters really bad games this year. The whole Vikings game then the first 3 quarters of the Bears game. He was awful during that stretch. A lot of his bad stats really were because he played in piss weather most of the second half of the year. And it's not like Eli's the first quarterback to ever have to put up with that. Phil Simms had too for years and every other qb that's ever played for the Giants. There is a reason NYG quarterbacks don't tend to do well in the qb rating stat.

Simms's QB rating in 86 was also in the high 70's as well....with the game on the line, there is no QB in the division I would rather have lining up behind O'Hara

and when talking about the Giants line who cares about that 11 sack game the way they played against the Cowboys and the Patriots should be evident enough. They dominated and they have 6 defensive lineman that can really get after the passer and thats not including kiwanuka who plays LB.