Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKLYNYG

NFC East Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Team of the Decade

• Giants
    • Eagles
    • Boys
    • Skins

We Still Have 2 seasons to decide this.. if the Eagles win a SB this decade.. there will be no need for arguement in 2011

Quit your crap! The Giants blitzed the left side of that line the whole game- go back and watch the film on NFL.com

It's no different then when we sacked Manning in 2006 9 times in one game. You faced a rookie that sucked, Westbrook didn't play so it was free rain as far as blitzes go. Stop talking ish as if your line is ALL GOD

Look at the 2nd game for a more accurate telling of how our line can handle your DLine. You had 3 sacks in that game and 1 was a legit sack, the other was McNabb holding the ball 2 damn long (coverage). The last one was McNabb tryng to get around the corner and Osi Human-Urine caught him from behind.

Your DLine is good but they got Handled that game when Tra and Westbrook played. Osi only had one sack in that game and that was Mcnabbs fault trying to get away from Osi with one leg hobbling instead of just throwing the ball away. On a side note though- Cole crushed your line and had 2 sacks and a few hurries.

Osi owes Reid money from that game because not only did it propel him to a Pro Bowl but now Osi thinks he should be paid Elite money. Homie finished with 13 sacks and 6 of them came in one game. So, over 15 fames you get 7 sacks and all of a sudden your the best in the game and deserve Freeney money. And he was a bum in 2006. I know, I know- I can hear all you Giants fans now "He was hurt though in 2006 so it's not accurate". So then let the same be said for our Oline during this past season.

LOL you are a clown. So injuries are only a valid excuse for McNabb and your oline but no one else? Giants had multiple injuries including their two best offensive weapons in Plax and Shockey along with multiple defensive injuries/starters out for extended periods.

Cole dominated but Osi is a fruad LMAO c'mon put down the pipe already. If our dline got dominated how did the Eagles only score 13 pts???

Maybe thats a big improvement over the 3 points they scored in NY so maybe by your reasoning they

DOMINATED.....

Get over it already your team choked when they had several clear paths to the big game and the GMEN stepped up and went on a great run. Move on already

LOL you are a clown. So injuries are only a valid excuse for McNabb and your oline but no one else? Giants had multiple injuries including their two best offensive weapons in Plax and Shockey along with multiple defensive injuries/starters out for extended periods.

Cole dominated but Osi is a fruad LMAO c'mon put down the pipe already. If our dline got dominated how did the Eagles only score 13 pts???

Maybe thats a big improvement over the 3 points they scored in NY so maybe by your reasoning they

DOMINATED.....

Get over it already your team choked when they had several clear paths to the big game and the GMEN stepped up and went on a great run. Move on already

1st off- Who are you?

2nd- you're probably some chump bandwagon fan that talks crap when Giants win a game or 10 or a SB

3rd. Let me tell you about your D Line and FACTS back this up chump. Your line was horrendous at times against the run. You actually finished below us against the run in total defense. Maybe I should put down the pipe after I beat your arse with it for talking dumb

4th- we scored 3 points because Andy Reid was smoking the pipe and should've realized that your almighty line couldn't do crap against the run. Our damn back-up had 100 yards against you- AT HALFTIME. If the Gianst and Eli are so great, how come you could only score 16 pts while only scoring 1 TD in each game?

5th- Who are you?

6th- Like I said earlier- you got all this faith in your squad then put some money on it then chump. I never even heard of you and all of a sudden it's"Gmen this" and "Gmen that"..

Anytime any of you Giant fans think your squad is that tough and can do it again. PUT THAT CASH UP!!!

7th- since you're too meth'd up to analyze what I was saying in the above post that you responded to, Let me break it down for you. Cole had a better year in 2006 then Osi did (facts support this). Giants fans will tell you that's it's not true because Osi was injured. So then I say when I say our Oline is better than the Giants, we were just injured 2007- Giants fans then say "It doesn't matter they had better production then the Eagles Oline".

It works both ways. Now -Get lost!

1st off- Who are you?

2nd- you're probably some chump bandwagon fan that talks crap when Giants win a game or 10 or a SB

3rd. Let me tell you about your D Line and FACTS back this up chump. Your line was horrendous at times against the run. You actually finished below us against the run in total defense. Maybe I should put down the pipe after I beat your arse with it for talking dumb

4th- we scored 3 points because Andy Reid was smoking the pipe and should've realized that your almighty line couldn't do crap against the run. Our damn back-up had 100 yards against you- AT HALFTIME. If the Gianst and Eli are so great, how come you could only score 16 pts while only scoring 1 TD in each game?

5th- Who are you?

6th- Like I said earlier- you got all this faith in your squad then put some money on it then chump. I never even heard of you and all of a sudden it's"Gmen this" and "Gmen that"..

Anytime any of you Giant fans think your squad is that tough and can do it again. PUT THAT CASH UP!!!

7th- since you're too meth'd up to analyze what I was saying in the above post that you responded to, Let me break it down for you. Cole had a better year in 2006 then Osi did (facts support this). Giants fans will tell you that's it's not true because Osi was injured. So then I say when I say our Oline is better than the Giants, we were just injured 2007- Giants fans then say "It doesn't matter they had better production then the Eagles Oline".

WOW This is so much fun. You want to get tough now son? OK you are right the Eagles are great the Giants got lucky and anyone who dare suggest anything else is someone you will beat up LMAO

Its over now there is nothing to argue the Giants just went out and beat everyone in their way in every weather condition possible mmmmmmk? I have been a fan for decades through the worst times and best times the point we were disussing is not about Cole or injuries or Andy Reid it was which team has had a better decade. I say The Giants and the Eagles had a nice run but that was it.

Are you one of those nutjobs who refuses to acknowledge that the Eagles are not the best team at every position? Tell us this at what position (s) are the WORLD CHAMP Giants better than the LAST PLACE Eagles?>?

We look forward to this...

This statement is just plain stupid.

The Giants line was horrendous against the run?

They finished 8th in the league in rush defense, a miniscule 1.9 YPG less than the 7th place Eagles and 3.1 YPG less than the 6th place Cowboys.

The HORRENDOUS rush defense of the Giants was so bad, that they only finished tied for 4th in YPA against last year. My gosh, that's just awful.

The Giants defense also only allowed 74 rushing yards per game in the playoffs, which must prove how horrendous they were against the run.

Oh wait, you're going to say that you only used the words "at times". Which is as useful as the guys who write alibi statements on the Dateline to Catch a Predator series. What team isn't horrendous at times against the run or pass? No team limits the other team to no yards. Since you used total defense in your next sentence, just skip the word semantics in your response, ok?

Its fun to watch someone make so many stupid statements and then have to come back with even more stupid statements to back up the first set. While witnessing you melt down was fun for a while, just give it up already. Your posts are turning out to be more of a trainwreck than Britney Spear's career.

1st off- Who are you?

5th- Who are you?

Holy ****, dude...

Melt down much? :roll:

Fair enough, they're along with the Eagles as choke artists in the playoffs right? Eagles having one of the better teams of this decade and either falling short by choking in the NFCC or losing in the superbowl...

Top teams of the decade:

Patriots

Colts

Giants

Steelers

Eagles

Rams

Bucs/Ravens

Ravens/Bucs

Yes, Ravens and Bucs did win SB's but I think that the Eagles were overall a better team. I would say it goes somewhere along those lines...Rams and Eagles could be changed too, putting the Eagles at #5...so I'll put Eagles at 5.

Fair enough. It's valid to either say they both choked or neither. Although, at least the Eagles always won some playoff games before they lost as the #1 seed in the NFC. So I'll accept what you say, but the Cowboys' choke was still worse since they became the 1st NFC #1 seed since he new playoff structure started to ever lose in the first round.

Quit your crap! The Giants blitzed the left side of that line the whole game- go back and watch the film on NFL.com

It's no different then when we sacked Manning in 2006 9 times in one game. You faced a rookie that sucked, Westbrook didn't play so it was free rain as far as blitzes go. Stop talking ish as if your line is ALL GOD

Look at the 2nd game for a more accurate telling of how our line can handle your DLine. You had 3 sacks in that game and 1 was a legit sack, the other was McNabb holding the ball 2 damn long (coverage). The last one was McNabb tryng to get around the corner and Osi Human-Urine caught him from behind.

Your DLine is good but they got Handled that game when Tra and Westbrook played. Osi only had one sack in that game and that was Mcnabbs fault trying to get away from Osi with one leg hobbling instead of just throwing the ball away. On a side note though- Cole crushed your line and had 2 sacks and a few hurries.

Osi owes Reid money from that game because not only did it propel him to a Pro Bowl but now Osi thinks he should be paid Elite money. Homie finished with 13 sacks and 6 of them came in one game. So, over 15 fames you get 7 sacks and all of a sudden your the best in the game and deserve Freeney money. And he was a bum in 2006. I know, I know- I can hear all you Giants fans now "He was hurt though in 2006 so it's not accurate". So then let the same be said for our Oline during this past season.

Dawgie, Osi had 14.5 sacks in 2005, when he played 16 games, he played 11 in 2006, come on now.

We Still Have 2 seasons to decide this.. if the Eagles win a SB this decade.. there will be no need for arguement in 2011

thats a really big if...

Team of the decade is the Eagles. The Giants with another productive season could change that though. 4 areas to look at when judging this are:

Regular Season wins: Eagles

Division Titles: Eagles

Post season wins: Eagles

SB win(s): Giants

When asking a question like this, you have to look at the whole body work and the Eagles have to upper hand.

It's the same scenario as someone asking who's the better QB between Marino and Eli Manning. Eli got a ring but who's body of work as a QB is better?

Try it this way, Giants NFCCG 2-0

Eagles NFCCG 1-3

Giants SB 1-1

Eagles SB 0-1

Nobody gives a rats you know what when they talk about great seasons that ends in a loss, they aren't great football teams! I never once heard someone say, yeah you won the super bowl, but we were 12-4! Giants team of the decade in the division, two Super Bowl appearences to 1, 1 win to none! Only a fan of a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl can brag about division titles...

Eagles NFCCG 1-3

Giants SB 1-1

Eagles SB 0-1

Nobody gives a rats you know what when they talk about great seasons that ends in a loss, they aren't great football teams! I never once heard someone say, yeah you won the super bowl, but we were 12-4! Giants team of the decade in the division, two Super Bowl appearences to 1, 1 win to none! Only a fan of a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl can brag about division titles...

You're right lose in the SB to a greatly superior team by 400 points rebuild for the next 8 years and win the SB and PRESTO team of the decade.

There wasn't a more dominant team other than the Pats for the majority of this decade than the birds. Im happy your giants win the SB. The Giants of 2007-2008 were the best team the NFC East has had since the Cowboys won the SB which is a huge accomplishment. But the Giants didn't dominate their division the way the Eagles did from really 2000-2004.

But the Giants didn't dominate their division the way the Eagles did from really 2000-2004

If that makes you happy, then God bless ya. The Eagles' FO seems content with it too, much to the amusement of millions of us outside of the Philly Metro area. Incidentally, they didn't dominate the NFCE in '00, and it was a pathetically weak NFCE from '01-'04 and the entire world knows it. If you can live with that and celebrate it, then have a ball ;)

[/b]

I'm not tough- Especially not on the internet

:lol:

It's all in good fun. I don't think we're better than you guys in every position. There are a few that I do though.

You're right lose in the SB to a greatly superior team by 400 points rebuild for the next 8 years and win the SB and PRESTO team of the decade.

There wasn't a more dominant team other than the Pats for the majority of this decade than the birds. Im happy your giants win the SB. The Giants of 2007-2008 were the best team the NFC East has had since the Cowboys won the SB which is a huge accomplishment. But the Giants didn't dominate their division the way the Eagles did from really 2000-2004.

Carson is an idiot sometimes. Why bother

Eagles NFCCG 1-3

Giants SB 1-1

Eagles SB 0-1

Wait- you went to 2 SBs? I remember the Ravens being the only team that played that night

If I were you, I wouldn't claim that first one. I don't think you even showed up in that game. Wasn't it 34-7 or something?

You've been to 1 SB and won it.

1st off- Who are you?

5th- Who are you?

Les--the Giants gave up a total of 30 yards more ALL SEASON than the Eagles...so you guys were better..by 1.875 yards a game....

LesDawg,

Keep posting. You're hilarious.

I got you homie! :lol:

I'll take on all Giant Nation for trying to disrespect my squad though..

Les--the Giants gave up a total of 30 yards more ALL SEASON than the Eagles...so you guys were better..by 1.875 yards a game....

Ok. Look- Your offense is a ball control offense therefore not always keeping your D on the field so it may seem as if your D did a great job when in fact they really didn't. I can go back and find at least 5 games where running backs got off on your line. I'm not even going to do it because at this time it's pointless and time is money. Our defense stayed on the field alot longer due to the Many 3 and outs from our offense. Stats sometimes are misleading............ HOLD UP A MINUTE!!!!!

Since you're bringing up stats to support your claim, let me hear you say that the Eagles defense is better. Our Redzone D was #1 in the league and we allowed the FEWEST points in the Division last year.

YEEEAAAAHHHHH- Let me hear you Giant fans say it

Wait- you went to 2 SBs? I remember the Ravens being the only team that played that night

If I were you, I wouldn't claim that first one. I don't think you even showed up in that game. Wasn't it 34-7 or something?

You've been to 1 SB and won it.

Oooh, a bad game for the Giants wasn't allowed? So, do you happen to remember the NFCCG before that SB? The biggest romp in NFCCG history.

Oooh, a bad game for the Giants wasn't allowed? So, do you happen to remember the NFCCG before that SB? The biggest romp in NFCCG history.

Yet, when the Eagles have a bad like giving up 12 sacks or something- you guys ride that crap as if it was the only game played between our squads- The game before that, we put up 56 points.

Ok. Look- Your offense is a ball control offense therefore not always keeping your D on the field so it may seem as if your D did a great job when in fact they really didn't. I can go back and find at least 5 games where running backs got off on your line. I'm not even going to do it because at this time it's pointless and time is money. Our defense stayed on the field alot longer due to the Many 3 and outs from our offense. Stats sometimes are misleading............ HOLD UP A MINUTE!!!!!

Since you're bringing up stats to support your claim, let me hear you say that the Eagles defense is better. Our Redzone D was #1 in the league and we allowed the FEWEST points in the Division last year.

YEEEAAAAHHHHH- Let me hear you Giant fans say it

:lol::roll:

Total rushes against

Phi 403

NY 408

Total Yards against

Phi 1533

NY 1563

BOTH were 3.8 per carry

Yards per game

Phi 95.8

NY 97.7

WTF's your point????

Carson is an idiot sometimes. Why bother

Nice Dawgie nice, and your the same guy calling Osi a one game wonder. I'll take the two SB appearences over your 1 this decade, keep talking ish, it makes the work day go by faster! We have won 3 Super Bowls to your none. We won last year, you finished last. Look at the last 3 decades, the Giants have won a Super Bowl in everyone!

The Skins can claim the 80's in the division, although the Giants won one then too. The Cowboys can claim the 90's, but we represented then too. So your saying that this decade we should have a team of this decade represent without a Super Bowl? I say no to that, right now the Super Bowl and appearences win out for the Gmen.

I hate to admit it, but I think the Cowboys are the favorites to win this year, at least represent the NFC. We shall see, but division titles don't win the decade, Super Bowls are the deciding factor.

Isn't amazing that the Eagles haven't won one Super Bowl? All these years and not once. The division has a bunch of hardware yet still not one of those is from the team that plays in Philly. Sure you could go back and claim championships back in the dark ages of the NFL, although if you do, we can go into our basement and dust of all our old ones too, so you would lose out on that as well.

Anyway, good luck to you dawgie, although the name calling isn't necessary.

;)