Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKLYNYG

NFC East Team of the Decade

Team of the Decade  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Team of the Decade

• Giants
    • Eagles
    • Boys
    • Skins

This statement is just plain stupid.

The Giants line was horrendous against the run?

They finished 8th in the league in rush defense, a miniscule 1.9 YPG less than the 7th place Eagles and 3.1 YPG less than the 6th place Cowboys.

The HORRENDOUS rush defense of the Giants was so bad, that they only finished tied for 4th in YPA against last year. My gosh, that's just awful.

The Giants defense also only allowed 74 rushing yards per game in the playoffs, which must prove how horrendous they were against the run.

Oh wait, you're going to say that you only used the words "at times". Which is as useful as the guys who write alibi statements on the Dateline to Catch a Predator series. What team isn't horrendous at times against the run or pass? No team limits the other team to no yards. Since you used total defense in your next sentence, just skip the word semantics in your response, ok?

Its fun to watch someone make so many stupid statements and then have to come back with even more stupid statements to back up the first set. While witnessing you melt down was fun for a while, just give it up already. Your posts are turning out to be more of a trainwreck than Britney Spear's career.

Tony- WTF are you talking about?

Oh wait, I've been through this with you before and realized that you're dumber than anyone else on here. Won't waste my time again with a dude that get's periods when someone says something about the Giants.

Like I said, you feel so damn confident in your squad than let's put that money up. If not, then go back in your shell and speak when spoken to

:lol::roll:

Total rushes against

Phi 403

NY 408

Total Yards against

Phi 1533

NY 1563

BOTH were 3.8 per carry

Yards per game

Phi 95.8

NY 97.7

WTF's your point????

:lol:

So, who's D who you say is better?

Nice Dawgie nice, and your the same guy calling Osi a one game wonder. I'll take the two SB appearences over your 1 this decade, keep talking ish, it makes the work day go by faster! We have won 3 Super Bowls to your none. We won last year, you finished last. Look at the last 3 decades, the Giants have won a Super Bowl in everyone!

The Skins can claim the 80's in the division, although the Giants won one then too. The Cowboys can claim the 90's, but we represented then too. So your saying that this decade we should have a team of this decade represent without a Super Bowl? I say no to that, right now the Super Bowl and appearences win out for the Gmen.

I hate to admit it, but I think the Cowboys are the favorites to win this year, at least represent the NFC. We shall see, but division titles don't win the decade, Super Bowls are the deciding factor.

Isn't amazing that the Eagles haven't won one Super Bowl? All these years and not once. The division has a bunch of hardware yet still not one of those is from the team that plays in Philly. Sure you could go back and claim championships back in the dark ages of the NFL, although if you do, we can go into our basement and dust of all our old ones too, so you would lose out on that as well.

Anyway, good luck to you dawgie, although the name calling isn't necessary.

;)

Wait, the Eagles haven't won a SB? I thought we did. I mean- you're so great for pointing that out and original at that. I just asked one of my boys who's a Die Hard Dallas fan the same question and the 1st thing he said "Oh- The Eagles are". I said "I'm online arguing with these Giant fans and they're saying the Giants are" He just told me to stop wasting my time with you all..

Also, you never heard me even bring those NFL titles up so why are you running your mouth about it? We have 3 of those so how would I lose out? Get out of your panties man, the name calling is all in fun and I look forward to the replies I get from all of you. Shoot- I would like for all of us to get together and hit a NY/PHILA game eventually and then go out somewhere and party after the Eagles win. :P

So, who's D who you say is better?

dude, your rush D is equal to the Giants rush D..there's no debate...the numbers speak for themselves....

dude, your rush D is equal to the Giants rush D..there's no debate...the numbers speak for themselves....

Dude, not according to you fancy little stats you put out. You brought up stats to support your argument Rich- did you not?

So, the question is since the eagles defense allowed less points then the Giants defense, who's D is better? Don't forget your quote

"The numbers speak for themselves"

Can I get an answer please?

Tony- WTF are you talking about?

Oh wait, I've been through this with you before and realized that you're dumber than anyone else on here. Won't waste my time again with a dude that get's periods when someone says something about the Giants.

Like I said, you feel so damn confident in your squad than let's put that money up. If not, then go back in your shell and speak when spoken to

Did you seriously say that the Giants had a bad rush d? Because if you did Tonyo was right and you are a moron.

Dude, not according to you fancy little stats you put out. You brought up stats to support your argument Rich- did you not?

So, the question is since the eagles defense allowed less points then the Giants defense, who's D is better? Don't forget your quote

the one that wins the lombardi trophy, its the only stat that definitevly ends arguments

The answer is simple--they are both very good defenses and one is not discernibly better than the other. I think the Giants match up very favorably defensively against your defense as well....Plaxico and Eli will continue to own your secondary

The answer is simple--they are both very good defenses and one is not discernibly better than the other. I think the Giants match up very favorably defensively against your defense as well....Plaxico and Eli will continue to own your secondary

Westbrook will continue to own your Defense and Special Teams (03')

Did you seriously say that the Giants had a bad rush d? Because if you did Tonyo was right and you are a moron.

Foosball- Can you read?

Nah, that's really a serious question?

Foosball- Can you read?

Nah, that's really a serious question?

I obviously didn't go back pages to read it thats why I asked you if you said that, and I still say if you did say that then you are a moron. So your saying they don't have a bad rushing defense? What's the point of the discussion then? I did read a couple posts back. Are you saying the Eagles have a better rush defense? Because I don't really think that they do but if they do it's really close. So isn't it kind of a wash?

Westbrook will continue to own your Defense and Special Teams (03')

Special Teams?

Isn't that why you drafted a smurf WR?

The Giants had the best D in the league last season. I could give a rats a** about statistics, it won them the Superbowl which is the ultimate test.

I obviously didn't go back pages to read it thats why I asked you if you said that, and I still say if you did say that then you are a moron. So your saying they don't have a bad rushing defense? What's the point of the discussion then? I did read a couple posts back. Are you saying the Eagles have a better rush defense? Because I don't really think that they do but if they do it's really close. So isn't it kind of a wash?

it was a 30 yard difference...so apparently that means the Eagle rush D is superior to the NY rush defense to Les!

Nah, really? Never guessed you would've said that one. Def didn't see that one coming :rolleyes:

I didn't say the Giants had a bad rush D at all. I said at times, they were bad. Tony has issues so when he says things, just go back and verify it before commenting on it.

hmm this is an interesting thread.

It really comes down to what people's perspective is on what would be considered "successful". Is it really ALL about Super Bowl wins, or consistent success? Who had harder opponents at the time of their success?

Take the 90's for example;

Who was the most successful AFC team in the 90's - The Buffalo Bills or the Denver Broncos?

The Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls, lost all 4 and compiled a 103-57 record during the 90s.

The Broncos went to 2 straight Super Bowls, won both of them and compiled a 94-66 record during the 90s.

The Bills played against a very tough NFC, during the height of it's power and right before FA and salary caps took hold.

The Broncos played against the NFC when the swing of power started to go towards the AFC and after FA and the salary cap really tore apart some teams.

In my mind I would say that the Bills were the team of 90s, but I can also see why some would say that the Broncos were the AFC team of the 90s.

it was a 30 yard difference...so apparently that means the Eagle rush D is superior to the NY rush defense to Les!

Rich- you're hilarious to me. Let me show you real quick how dumb you sound

Matter of fact, let me ask you...........

In the 3rd game of the season when you played the Redskins in Landover, do you think the Redskins could've used that extra 30 yrds at the end of the game? You know, where you stopped them like 4 straight times from the 2.

How about when Mike Jones stopped Calico in the Rams SB- Do you think the Titans could've used that extra 30 yards at the end of the game?

So I guess 30 yards doesn't make a difference huh?

It is what is what it is homie.

Rich- you're hilarious to me. Let me show you real quick how dumb you sound

Matter of fact, let me ask you...........

In the 3rd game of the season when you played the Redskins in Landover, do you think the Redskins could've used that extra 30 yrds at the end of the game? You know, where you stopped them like 4 straight times from the 2.

How about when Mike Jones stopped Calico in the Rams SB- Do you think the Titans could've used that extra 30 yards at the end of the game?

So I guess 30 yards doesn't make a difference huh?

It is what is what it is homie.

dude it's not even 2 yards extra per game...teams beat the Giants thru the air anyway....and even that wasn't as bad as it was perceived around here based on the rankings (hey, they couldn't get to the QB EVERY down, you know)

Nah, really? Never guessed you would've said that one. Def didn't see that one coming :rolleyes:

I didn't say the Giants had a bad rush D at all. I said at times, they were bad. Tony has issues so when he says things, just go back and verify it before commenting on it.

When were they bad? The rush defense was consistant all year long. Early in the season the pass defense struggled while they were learning the new blitz scheme.

hmm this is an interesting thread.

It really comes down to what people's perspective is on what would be considered "successful". Is it really ALL about Super Bowl wins, or consistent success? Who had harder opponents at the time of their success?

Take the 90's for example;

Who was the most successful AFC team in the 90's - The Buffalo Bills or the Denver Broncos?

The Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls, lost all 4 and compiled a 103-57 record during the 90s.

The Broncos went to 2 straight Super Bowls, won both of them and compiled a 94-66 record during the 90s.

The Bills played against a very tough NFC, during the height of it's power and right before FA and salary caps took hold.

The Broncos played against the NFC when the swing of power started to go towards the AFC and after FA and the salary cap really tore apart some teams.

In my mind I would say that the Bills were the team of 90s, but I can also see why some would say that the Broncos were the AFC team of the 90s.

When I think of the great teams of the 90's, the Broncos and Cowboys enter my mind immediately. The Bills do not come to mind unless you are talking about futility. Hate to say it, but its true. Go back to the 70's, look at the Vikings, does anybody remember them as a great team?

When I think of the great teams of the 90's, the Broncos and Cowboys enter my mind immediately. The Bills do not come to mind unless you are talking about futility. Hate to say it, but its true. Go back to the 70's, look at the Vikings, does anybody remember them as a great team?

That is kind of what I am talking about.

In regards to the AFC, the Bills were a better team for a longer period of time during the 90s. The Broncos really peaked for 2, maybe 3 years. You give the nod to them because they were the shift of power to the AFC and they won 2 Super Bowls in a row.

In 10 years from now will think of a great Eagles team of the NFC East during this decade, or will it be about the Giants?

As much as I hate to admit it, the Giants are the team of the decade so far. They have a worse regular season record, a worse post season record and played pretty mediocre football for must of this decade, BUT they also went through the post season, played against 2 of the best teams (record wise) that the NFC had to offer and then beat the undefeated Patriots (who have been arguably the BEST team of this entire decade) to win a Super Bowl.

Unless the Eagles win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years, the scale has to tip in the Giants favor.

Who cares?

The funny thing is the the 04 Eagles represents the peak of your franchise. How pathetic.

What do you mean "WHO CARES?" Isn't the whole point of this thread is to talk about the NFC East's 2000s teams?? Wtf?

Not the same team? Who was it that the Giants beat the hell out of that night and put their QB on his a** 12 times? Could have sworn it was a certain team out of Philadelphia

Must have been the Soul. No way it was the Eagles...right?

Careful with that 'idiot' tag, you Fing moron :rolleyes:

You really are retarded, I'm saying the players weren't the same and they weren't as good those 2 years. They could've gotten older and worse or older and better.

Keep telling yourself that :roll:

Ok, I will.

The 2004 Eagles are way better than the 2008 Giants

I think he's saying last year's team is not the same as the 2004 team...

I think.

Correct

What do you mean "WHO CARES?" Isn't the whole point of this thread is to talk about the NFC East's 2000s teams?? Wtf?

You really are retarded, I'm saying the players weren't the same and they weren't as good those 2 years. They could've gotten older and worse or older and better.

Ok, I will.

Correct

Then why couldn't they beat the Patriots? The 2008 Giants beat the Patriots.

I can play this game too

The 1986 Giants would beat any Eagles team from any season ever! And it wouldn't even be close!

The 1986 Giants would beat any Eagles team from any season ever! And it wouldn't even be close!

And this is relevent... how?

Then why couldn't they beat the Patriots? The 2008 Giants beat the Patriots.

I can play this game too

And this is relevent... how?

90 Giants too...

:-)