Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BF53

T.O. going to the Raiders?

I don't see that happening... EVER! Because until the Raiders get some SERIOUS line help I think that everyone knows they aren't a serious contender. I doubt T.O. wants to go somewhere where there is NO chance of winning a SB.

I'd be shocked if Jones doesn't give him at minimum, a 2 year extension before he ever hits free agency.

"Terrell Eldorado Owens"

Wow. Now I know the guy really is a tool.

"Terrell Eldorado Owens"

Wow. Now I know the guy really is a tool.

You didn't know before that? :P

Believe me, if Romo doesn't get it together this year, or if by some means the Cowboys show little sign of contention.... he'll get out of Dallas.

Believe me, if Romo doesn't get it together this year, or if by some means the Cowboys show little sign of contention.... he'll get out of Dallas.

I don't doubt that.

Romo isn't the reason they lost to the Giants, everyone without a I hate Romo agenda will admitt that. I have no doubt that TO would turn on Romo or ditch the cowboys in a second if your above statement were true, combining the fact that TO and Dallas dont see Romo as the reason they lost that game, and the fact that TO had one of his best years ever with Romo, he and Romo are fine. If he leaves Dallas it will come down to money.

Romo isn't the reason they lost to the Giants, everyone without a I hate Romo agenda will admitt that. I have no doubt that TO would turn on Romo or ditch the cowboys in a second if your above statement were true, combining the fact that TO and Dallas dont see Romo as the reason they lost that game, and the fact that TO had one of his best years ever with Romo, he and Romo are fine. If he leaves Dallas it will come down to money.

Wrong.

Crayton had a stupid a** drop, but Romo was the guy who threw the game ending interception.

Crayton had a stupid a** drop, but Romo was the guy who threw the game ending interception.

I guess he was watching a different game than us.

when you throw a crucial pass that will determine the game to terry glenn, i'd say that is a big reason as to why they lost. YOu gotta throw to your best playmakers, witten or TO

I just don't see how people can spin this any other way. Romo choked at the end of the game in not one but TWO playoff games.

Theres just no other way to say it. Live with it.

I just don't see how people can spin this any other way. Romo choked at the end of the game in not one but TWO playoff games.

Theres just no other way to say it. Live with it.

That would require logic. Something that poster has none of.

As much as I hate to defend Romo, it also happened on 4th down. At that point it was endzone or bust. If the pass falls incomplete, the Giants take over anyway.

As much as I hate to defend Romo, it also happened on 4th down. At that point it was endzone or bust. If the pass falls incomplete, the Giants take over anyway.

True but he was so erratic on all his throws that inevitably led to that 4th down, too. I think the O line deserves some of the blame, the fact is it was the start of that NYG front seven's dominant playoff run. Thats the way I look at it.

True but he was so erratic on all his throws that inevitably led to that 4th down, too. I think the O line deserves some of the blame, the fact is it was the start of that NYG front seven's dominant playoff run. Thats the way I look at it.

Romo did not play his best game that day, but it was not a choke. Not only did Crayton have the drop, but Fasano had a drop that was a TD and Dallas settled for a FG, then on the last drive Crayton quits on a route that was a sure TD. The Giants front 7 kicked his arse, they did the same thing to him that they did to Tom Brady, Tom Brady, the best QB in the NFL a certain HOFer, armed with a better OL and better WR corps BY FAR than what Romo had could only put up 14...and I'm supposed think Romo sucks based off that loss? If NY had gone and gotten pasted by GB the next week then maybe.

People basing the choke label off him throwing an INT on the last play of the game are simple minded morons. 4th and goal from the 30 yard line, what do you think the odds are of scoring a TD and winning the game in that situation? They aren't good. Why did he throw it to Terry Glenn? because TO and Witten were f'n covered. If there is one strength TO does not have that is going up and fighting for the ball, he is not really a guy you can just heave the ball up at and know that he will go get it.

I really wonder if some of you actually watch the games.

Romo did not play his best game that day, but it was not a choke. Not only did Crayton have the drop, but Fasano had a drop that was a TD and Dallas settled for a FG, then on the last drive Crayton quits on a route that was a sure TD. The Giants front 7 kicked his arse, they did the same thing to him that they did to Tom Brady, Tom Brady, the best QB in the NFL a certain HOFer, armed with a better OL and better WR corps BY FAR than what Romo had could only put up 14...and I'm supposed think Romo sucks based off that loss? If NY had gone and gotten pasted by GB the next week then maybe.

People basing the choke label off him throwing an INT on the last play of the game are simple minded morons. 4th and goal from the 30 yard line, what do you think the odds are of scoring a TD and winning the game in that situation? They aren't good. Why did he throw it to Terry Glenn? because TO and Witten were f'n covered. If there is one strength TO does not have that is going up and fighting for the ball, he is not really a guy you can just heave the ball up at and know that he will go get it.

I really wonder if some of you actually watch the games.

I quite recall Witten staying as as pass blocker on this last pass, which was shocking.

And I have to admit Romo wasn't the main reason for the loss, but his subpar performance contributed.

A. He's under contract this year and Dallas can extend it if they want to.

B. Oakland is one of the very few teams who are very cap strapped. From what I understand, at least next year is capped which is when he would be a FA.

C. Why would he want to go to Oakland? I'm sure he remembers the black hole Randy Moss fell into out there.

I quite recall Witten staying as as pass blocker on this last pass, which was shocking.

And I have to admit Romo wasn't the main reason for the loss, but his subpar performance contributed.

i thought Witten had ran out for a pass, but considering 1. Dallas needed to keep people into block the onslaught and 2. your TE probably isn't fast enough to be usefull in a situation like that 4th and 30, I can understand that to a degree

agree that Romo played subpar though

I don't think he'll be a Cowboy after this year. They aren't stupid and aren't going to offer a 35 year old WR any real guaranteed money or years and my feeling is that's what TO will want.

I'd love for Dallas to to think TO will continue being productive as a 36 or 37 year old... but unfortunately I think they know better.

While T.O. was wide open. Check the replay

T.O. in 2007 (Cowboys):

15 games, 81 receptions, 1,355 yds, 15 TDS

T.O. in 2004 (Eagles):

14 games, 77 receptions, 1,200 yds, 14 TDS

Don't think for a second that stats are enough to keep T.O. happy. Through the first few weeks of 2005 the ball was being thrown his way more than any other player in the league, and he was still complaining about not getting the ball enough.

You had a good season last year, but you're still not all that far removed from the "Why the F... am I here!?" episode.