Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BF53

T.O. going to the Raiders?

While T.O. was wide open. Check the replay

no he wasn't, there was a safety over the top, I saw an interview where they asked TO if he was pissed because Romo didn't throw his way on the last play and he said no, because he was covered, and really do you think TO would just take one for the team and lie?

T.O. in 2007 (Cowboys):

15 games, 81 receptions, 1,355 yds, 15 TDS

T.O. in 2004 (Eagles):

14 games, 77 receptions, 1,200 yds, 14 TDS

Don't think for a second that stats are enough to keep T.O. happy. Through the first few weeks of 2005 the ball was being thrown his way more than any other player in the league, and he was still complaining about not getting the ball enough.

You had a good season last year, but you're still not all that far removed from the "Why the F... am I here!?" episode.

your point with the stats? it just backs up what I am saying, he had a good year with Romo. I was disagreeing that he would leave unless "Romo gets it together". Romo can improve in a couple of areas, but he is good enough to help TO have as good a year as he's ever had.

really we are a way off from that, he had a coach that wanted to use him as a decoy and a QB (Drew Bledsoe) that did not want to throw to him, that was what caused that blowup. The new offense is really ran through him. He has a QB good enough to get him the ball in an offense that features him. Now don't get me wrong, TO could go off at any minute, (he's crazy) but it would be because of money and nothing else. When he went off in Philly and bad mouthed #5 and all it wasn't about the QB or how much he got the ball, in reality is it was about money.

I quite recall Witten staying as as pass blocker on this last pass, which was shocking.

And I have to admit Romo wasn't the main reason for the loss, but his subpar performance contributed.

Well one thing about it for sure Tony Romo had a much better season than McFudden or Eli either. And I for one feel like he will be back doin the same thing this year while McHurt is laying on his back blaming racism or any thing he can think of for all his problems.

Well one thing about it for sure Tony Romo had a much better season than McFudden or Eli either. And I for one feel like he will be back doin the same thing this year while McHurt is laying on his back blaming racism or any thing he can think of for all his problems.

quit trolling!

As long as Owens is still producing he'll be in Dallas no matter the price tag.

I doubt T.O. wants to go somewhere where there is NO chance of winning a SB.

He's already in that situation now.

I just don't see how people can spin this any other way. Romo choked at the end of the game in not one but TWO playoff games.

Theres just no other way to say it. Live with it.

/

------------

\

"That's not fair...that's my quarterback (snif)."

True but he was so erratic on all his throws that inevitably led to that 4th down, too. I think the O line deserves some of the blame, the fact is it was the start of that NYG front seven's dominant playoff run. Thats the way I look at it.

You're right on the Cowboys O-Line, and I can't say I remember the 1st or 2nd down play, but the 3rd down play, Romo threw a great pass that Crayton came up lame for. If Crayton doesn't stop his route, the NFCCG is likely GB @ Dallas the following week.

Romo did not play his best game that day, but it was not a choke. Not only did Crayton have the drop, but Fasano had a drop that was a TD and Dallas settled for a FG, then on the last drive Crayton quits on a route that was a sure TD. The Giants front 7 kicked his arse, they did the same thing to him that they did to Tom Brady, Tom Brady, the best QB in the NFL a certain HOFer, armed with a better OL and better WR corps BY FAR than what Romo had could only put up 14...and I'm supposed think Romo sucks based off that loss? If NY had gone and gotten pasted by GB the next week then maybe.

People basing the choke label off him throwing an INT on the last play of the game are simple minded morons. 4th and goal from the 30 yard line, what do you think the odds are of scoring a TD and winning the game in that situation? They aren't good. Why did he throw it to Terry Glenn? because TO and Witten were f'n covered. If there is one strength TO does not have that is going up and fighting for the ball, he is not really a guy you can just heave the ball up at and know that he will go get it.

I really wonder if some of you actually watch the games.

I know the truth hurts but he choked. Admit it and move on. It will make this season much easier to handle when he does it for the third year in a row. :lol:

Welcome to the boards. I can see you have about as much to contribute to these boards as the rest of you Cowboy brethren. McFudden? Thats a first time for me hearing that one. Please come up with something better. That was really piss poor.

Welcome to the boards. I can see you have about as much to contribute to these boards as the rest of you Cowboy brethren. McFudden? Thats a first time for me hearing that one. Please come up with something better. That was really piss poor.

He probably hasn't hit puberty yet, give him a break. He's excited cause he gets to show all his friends how he changed someone's name on an internet message board. :P

He probably hasn't hit puberty yet, give him a break. He's excited cause he gets to show all his friends how he changed someone's name on an internet message board. :P

:lol: I forget the mentality level of the Cowboys fans sometimes. Thanx for the remimder Joe.

Theres no gaurantee any team will repeat any performance from the past season. Get your head out of your arse.

T.O is only in Dallas for two reasons.

Money, and to piss Eagle fans off. I wish he went to Denver like the rumors spoke...

Theres no gaurantee any team will repeat any performance from the past season. Get your head out of your arse.

while i 100% agree, that isn't what you guys were singing prior to last year :P

while i 100% agree, that isn't what you guys were singing prior to last year :P

That principle doesn't apply to us. :P

Money, and to piss Eagle fans off. I wish he went to Denver like the rumors spoke...

One thing I never understood was why the Eagles didn't trade him to Denver for a 7th round pick. Obviously that's not full value but it keeps him out of the Cowboys hands and leaves him with Denver.

One thing I never understood was why the Eagles didn't trade him to Denver for a 7th round pick. Obviously that's not full value but it keeps him out of the Cowboys hands and leaves him with Denver.

That trade would make sense for us, but not for Denver. Why give up anything if you know he'll be cut?

That trade would make sense for us, but not for Denver. Why give up anything if you know he'll be cut?

it keeps you from having to get into a bidding war, not that there really was one for him

a 7th is denver being smart considering they spent a 3rd on maurice clarett.

I'm not. We've pretty much owned Dallas since TO has went there. We've beaten 3 of 4 times...

I'm not. We've pretty much owned Dallas since TO has went there. We've beaten 3 of 4 times...

and you've had a sparkling 18-18 record since he left.