Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BF53

T.O. going to the Raiders?

HAHAHAAHA Post of the year right here. TO to retire a Cowboy you dolt!!!!

I don't think he'll be a Cowboy after this year. They aren't stupid and aren't going to offer a 35 year old WR any real guaranteed money or years and my feeling is that's what TO will want.

I'd love for Dallas to to think TO will continue being productive as a 36 or 37 year old... but unfortunately I think they know better.

Yeah...but he was also under contract here....didn't change his leaving.

In Dallas the tail don't wag the dog like Philly, Dallas will decide when T.O. leaves Dallas, not T.O. deciding

In Dallas the tail don't wag the dog like Philly, Dallas will decide when T.O. leaves Dallas, not T.O. deciding

LOL I'd just LOVE to see how Wade Phillips would handle the situation if TO started acting the way he did in Philly in Dallas. That would be a real treat.

What TO did in Philly was s***tty.

agreed!

Here is where Philly screwed up though. After the season TO went in and asked for more money, Philly was 100% right in saying no. But then all of a sudden this guy Howard Eskin gets on the radio, and anyone living in Philly knows Eskin is a mouthpiece for the birds and breaks the news that TO wants to redo his contract, he then says that TO and his agent went to Joe Banner's office to talk about it and that Joe threw TO and his agent out in less than 30 seconds without even letting them talk, and then starts bad mouthing TO for being late to meetings or sleeping in meetings and various other things, now where the heck did he get all of this? from the Eagles ofcourse! The Joe Banner comes out and says TO has 2 options 1. Play for his current contract 2 don;t play at all. So they do all this stuff publicy and then TO flips out and bad mouths Mcnabb and starts acting crazy. Now TO is crazy, don;t get me wrong, but the Philly FO handled the whole situation the wrong way, they just threw fuel on the fire and got way too agressive way to soon in bad mouthing him, Again, TO was 100% wrong in how he responded, but the Eagles FO really handled the situation the wrong way.

agreed!

Here is where Philly screwed up though. After the season TO went in and asked for more money, Philly was 100% right in saying no. But then all of a sudden this guy Howard Eskin gets on the radio, and anyone living in Philly knows Eskin is a mouthpiece for the birds and breaks the news that TO wants to redo his contract, he then says that TO and his agent went to Joe Banner's office to talk about it and that Joe threw TO and his agent out in less than 30 seconds without even letting them talk, and then starts bad mouthing TO for being late to meetings or sleeping in meetings and various other things, now where the heck did he get all of this? from the Eagles ofcourse! The Joe Banner comes out and says TO has 2 options 1. Play for his current contract 2 don;t play at all. So they do all this stuff publicy and then TO flips out and bad mouths Mcnabb and starts acting crazy. Now TO is crazy, don;t get me wrong, but the Philly FO handled the whole situation the wrong way, they just threw fuel on the fire and got way too agressive way to soon in bad mouthing him, Again, TO was 100% wrong in how he responded, but the Eagles FO really handled the situation the wrong way.

McNabb shouldn't have said they didn't need T.O, but what TO did was way out of line. He shouldn't have said McNabb got tired in the Super Bowl, he should've said "because of the chemistry and talent between him and McNabb, a deal should get done to lock up this combo long term.

Lets not forget here that if TO had stayed for the 2006 season, he would've been the 2nd highest paid reciever in the league. I find it hard to think it was about money...

McNabb shouldn't have said they didn't need T.O, but what TO did was way out of line. He shouldn't have said McNabb got tired in the Super Bowl, he should've said "because of the chemistry and talent between him and McNabb, a deal should get done to lock up this combo long term.

Lets not forget here that if TO had stayed for the 2006 season, he would've been the 2nd highest paid reciever in the league. I find it hard to think it was about money...

I don't think Mcnabb said anything wrong, he was trying to instill confidence in his team. What TO said about Mcnabb was way out of line, but my opinion is that as soon as TO wanted more money the Eagels franchise basically used the Nuclear option and never tried diplomacy. Would it have helped? who knows? it sure as heck would not have hurt, and who knows, maybe all that stuff doesn't get said and TO and the birds live happily ever after. As far as 2006 goes, I think there was a general feeling that the birds were not going to keep TO for that season anyway.

agreed!

I think both sides handled things badly. Even if the Eagles weren't going to bump up his pay after 1 season, (and I agree they shouldn't have, I may have guaranteed the 3rd season, but that's it), they should have at least had a civilized talk and not just shut him out.

I don't think Mcnabb said anything wrong, he was trying to instill confidence in his team. What TO said about Mcnabb was way out of line, but my opinion is that as soon as TO wanted more money the Eagels franchise basically used the Nuclear option and never tried diplomacy. Would it have helped? who knows? it sure as heck would not have hurt, and who knows, maybe all that stuff doesn't get said and TO and the birds live happily ever after. As far as 2006 goes, I think there was a general feeling that the birds were not going to keep TO for that season anyway.

We can never know for sure, but I do strongly disagree. Had TO never acted out in 05, and had a season similar to 04 (and it was certainly heading that way), I think the team would have absolutely paid him his 06 roster bonus.