Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hot Head Jake

Let's Stir the Pot a Little More

First Place: Cowboys.

This team had the talent last year but was still trying to find its identity (PAPERCHAMPS). Wade Phillips was still new to the team (and vice versa) which culminated in some judgment errors down the stretch. That is less likely to happen this year. Jerry Jones doesn't seem to care about the makeup of a man's character when selecting his players. So far it has worked to his advantage. The team already had a good core but with the addition of Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones (assuming he will play this year), their defense is shifting into a whole new level. A NEW LEVEL IN PRISON. Pacman will also make a big difference on ST's. Romo looked good when he was still green (EXCUSE). He should be getting used to playing at a high level in the NFL and should be able to rid himself of the sophomoric mistakes of the past. The biggest question is whether or not this team will wear down at the end of the season.

Second Place: Giants.

The Giants had all the stars align for them last year. They hit their stride at just the right time. Everybody knows defense wins championships and this team definitely has the defense. Plaxico is a weapon that I still wish we had in our arsenal. Eli is finally going to develop the confidence/swagger that people wanted from him in the past. HAHAHAHAHAThe players can also put aside their feud with head coach, Tom Coughlin. They can now buy into his philosophy 100% because it is proven. But pulling everything together this year will be a lot harder since they no longer will be flying under the proverbial radar of most teams and their schedule won't be so accommodating. Talent-wise, the Cowboys are better (at least on paper) so let's see if this team has the heart to repeat.

Third Place: Eagles.

Although this team seems to make a lot of game-day mistakes, they do eventually correct them. It's highly unlikely that the Eagles will go into the season without a punt returner. It's also unlikely that this coaching staff will give us a repeat of the Winston Justice debacle against the Giants. If this coaching staff ever stepped back to self evaluate and became proactive instead of reactive, they might just have something again. Adding Booker to the backfield could prove to be a smart move. The team can't depend on Westbrook carrying the lion's share of the offensive load every year and Booker may be just what the doctor ordered. The LB corps and defensive backfield should be fun to watch this year. Both have the potential to be incredibly explosive or an incredible disappointment. The team is very young, and barring Brian Westbrook, Shawn Andrews, Asante Samuel and a handful of guys that have the "potential" to be very good players, there don't seem to be any "stars" or "standout" names on the roster. If some of the guys with "potential" can fulfill their promise, this team could ascend back to the top, quickly.

What about TRENT COLE?

Last Place: Redskins.

Washington has some good players at the right positions and it seems that this team has finally adopted a long-term plan. It looks like Dan Snyder has given up on buying every big name out there. Some may point to the recent trade for Erasmus James as "the same 'ole song and dance" but they only gave up a conditional 7th round pick for a previous 1st round selection with a repaired knee (sounds like something the Eagles would do). IMO this team is finally on the right track to success. I'm still not sold on Jason Campbell but their group of WR's has the potential to be explosive in another year or two. And even though the Redskins made the playoffs last year, this team is obviously in a rebuilding phase. It seems the Redskins have taken a page from the Eagles playbook in hiring Mike Holmgren's QB coach (which Andy Reid once was) as their new head coach. Zorn brought offensive coordinator Sherman Smith with him and the team will transition to the WCO. So much change - in both personnel and philosophy - is why I have the Redskins finishing last. But I see a bright future for this team.

My prediction as of today:

Giants 11-5 (win division)

Eagles 11-5

Cowpukes 10-6

Skins 8-8

I think the Boys take a step back....Giants could have the superbowl hangover, and eventually realize that they hate Coughlin again, but they should be good. I think the Eagles will suprise a lot of people. The Skins have a new system, which will take some time to adjust.

Torbor was a backup and is easily replaced. Kiwi is the starter at that position and is an upgrade. Wilkinson is penciled in to take Mitchell's spot and most believe he will be an upgrade at that position as well. He's younger and faster. He was banged up at the beginning of last year and wasn't able to get the starting spot. Once he started playing the FO knew they could let Mitchell walk. We signed Danny Clark (who is a very similar player to Mitchell) for depth.

It sucks that Wilson is gone, but Sammy Knight was signed to hold down the fort til Phillips is ready...which will probably be soon.

If 92 retires then we're thinner at DE no doubt, but as of right now, this is a deeper, faster, younger team than last year's version.

We're also deeper at WR and RB this season. We actually have depth at QB as well. I think this Woodson kid could be pretty good and Carr is talented, just needs a line in front of him.

You better pray that ShEli doesn't get hurt. Carr = roadkill. Woodson who? What happened to the fat guy Loranzen?

I'd classify trent Cole as one of the "potentials" but wouldn't label him as star caliber just yet. I said Westbrook, Andrews and Samuel were stars. Lito is injured too often to be classified as a star. Donovan and Dawkins were stars. Now they are fading stars. JMHO.

What does Cole have to do to classify as a star? He flat out dominated in the NFC last year....Played better then the vaunted Osi Humaurine.

What does Cole have to do to classify as a star? He flat out dominated in the NFC last year....Played better then the vaunted Osi Humaurine.

:roll:

You better pray that ShEli doesn't get hurt. Carr = roadkill. Woodson who? What happened to the fat guy Loranzen?

Woodson is the guy that broke all J-Load’s numbers at Kentucky. You don’t watch SEC ball?

How dare you curse at the Great "OSI"?!?!?!?!?!

Osi is so great that he 7 sacks in 15 games last year. He dominated the great "Sir Winston" for 6 sacks in 1 game

He deserves Freeney money now :thumbsdown:

How dare you curse at the Great "OSI"?!?!?!?!?!

Osi is so great that he 7 sacks in 15 games last year. He dominated the great "Sir Winston" for 6 sacks in 1 game

He deserves Freeney money now :thumbsdown:

OK...Les we get it...every player who wears an Eagle jersey is always better than the guy wearing a Giant jersey at his position...what time do your boys get their SB rings tonight?

:whistle:

OK...Les we get it...every player who wears an Eagle jersey is always better than the guy wearing a Giant jersey at his position...what time do your boys get their SB rings tonight?

Same time the Giants pull the horse shoe outta there arses from a lucky SB run

Yeah, Like I mean, Like I really think like, McDougle and like Howard are better than Strahan and like Osi.. Rich, stop making ish up man.

Same time the Giants pull the horse shoe outta there arses from a lucky SB run

ok..Les, now you are just looking like a moron...Teams do not "luck" into championships--ESPECIALLY if you took the route the Giants did..I know it stings that you don't have one and may never will AND Eli Manning does, but to minimize what they all accomplished in January and February and calling it "lucky" is just stupid...how would you react if the Eagles ever won a title and we all said the same thing? You'd be saying we were jealous and bitter and embarrassing ourselves too...

Newman's good but Roy is so horrendously bad it doesn't matter. They also have issues with their pass rush outside of Ware... again. There was a period where nobody but him got a sack for a couple of games.

:lol:

Greg Ellis.....13 Sacks, ugh yeah, he sucks

Newman is a top CB, and Hamlin proved to be better than his final season in Seattle. But they need a better CB to complement Newman.

go look at Anthony Henry's #'s, he was just fine, but injured last year, their problem in the seondary last year was that teams would abuse their 3rd corner

According to Les, he does...

:lol:

no kidding, it just makes me crazy when people make crazy arse statements like that. they will beat their chest over Jauqua Thomas, Darren Howard and this Clemmons or wtf ever his name is, that the eagles picked up fromt he Raiders and how they will provide a good pass rush opposite of Cole, then in the next breath act like Dallas doesn't have anyone opposite Ware when Ellis probably had more sacks last year than all of them combined, and he missed the first 5 games of the season.

no kidding, it just makes me crazy when people make crazy arse statements like that. they will beat their chest over Jauqua Thomas, Darren Howard and this Clemmons or wtf ever his name is, that the eagles picked up fromt he Raiders and how they will provide a good pass rush opposite of Cole, then in the next breath act like Dallas doesn't have anyone opposite Ware when Ellis probably had more sacks last year than all of them combined, and he missed the first 5 games of the season.

I like Les, but he's a bigger homer than Merrill Reese and Spadaro combined and the Eagles are like teflon..

I like Les, but he's a bigger homer than Merrill Reese and Spadaro combined and the Eagles are like teflon..

actually is was dirty30 who was saying that, not LesDawg, I like Les too, I've actually seen some very non homer statements from his alot lately

ok..Les, now you are just looking like a moron...Teams do not "luck" into championships--ESPECIALLY if you took the route the Giants did..I know it stings that you don't have one and may never will AND Eli Manning does, but to minimize what they all accomplished in January and February and calling it "lucky" is just stupid...how would you react if the Eagles ever won a title and we all said the same thing? You'd be saying we were jealous and bitter and embarrassing ourselves too...

Dude- the only moron in here sadly is you. It must really bother you when people say the word lucky. People often use the phrase "The truth HURTS". Everytime a non Giant fan mentions the word "LUCK" around here, half you chumps catch your menstrual cycles while the other half want to get OJ Simpson on us.

I've already seen your true side. I remember talking to you right before the season and you acted like you were the kid from the 6th sense. You just wanted to keep to yourself because if you even mentioned the Giants and Playoffs in the same sentence, you'd start crying because you were afraid people would laugh at you.

Now, you walk around here like you knew it all along and act as if the the Midgets are going to repeat.

I, along with more than half the Western Hemisphere believe that it was a lucky run. If it wasn't, than I expect you to be in Vegas when the season starts, lining up waiting to put a large sum of money on them repeating. Or, me and you can get some of that flowing. You Giants fans are taking it a little far with the best team ever crap and enough is enough. I say money talks and then you find out who's real and truly believes that the Gianst are so good that they all could do it all over again.

actually is was dirty30 who was saying that, not LesDawg, I like Les too, I've actually seen some very non homer statements from his alot lately

Thanks Young Stevo (Stephen1). You know- Rich makes things up from time to time, lol.. That's my boy though

Only time I talk Homerism is when we're talking ish about/ to other teams. when we have real talk though, I keep it honest and real.

Rich- I'm offended

I mean, I'd rather you smack and kick my mom in the face then to give me that charge, lol..

Dude, you called me bigger homer than SPADS and thats not even humanly possible

Dude- the only moron in here sadly is you. It must really bother you when people say the word lucky. People often use the phrase "The truth HURTS". Everytime a non Giant fan mentions the word "LUCK" around here, half you chumps catch your menstrual cycles while the other half want to get OJ Simpson on us.

I've already seen your true side. I remember talking to you right before the season and you acted like you were the kid from the 6th sense. You just wanted to keep to yourself because if you even mentioned the Giants and Playoffs in the same sentence, you'd start crying because you were afraid people would laugh at you.

Now, you walk around here like you knew it all along and act as if the the Midgets are going to repeat.

I, along with more than half the Western Hemisphere believe that it was a lucky run. If it wasn't, than I expect you to be in Vegas when the season starts, lining up waiting to put a large sum of money on them repeating. Or, me and you can get some of that flowing. You Giants fans are taking it a little far with the best team ever crap and enough is enough. I say money talks and then you find out who's real and truly believes that the Gianst are so good that they all could do it all over again.

who is saying the Giants are the best team in the NFL? I'm not..In fact, I feel there are 5 teams better right now...AND I am saying your team is not one of them...Also, there isn't 1 fan of the team who said all along that they'd win it all....They'd be lying if they said that...Me personally, I didn't expect a winning record, but I was pleasantly surprised...So you're saying if they don't repeat (almost impossible in today's NFL) that they are a fraud? That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me...BUT this team should be able to win 10 games with their eyes closed right now...and don't BS me..if the Birds won the Bowl and we all said they were lucky, you'd be defending them as well...funny--you read what NFL writers say about the 2007 run and none say they were "Lucky"..only bitter jealous haters like this fanbase do...The Giants deserved to win the SB that night and luck has nothing to do with it...

who is saying the Giants are the best team in the NFL? I'm not..In fact, I feel there are 5 teams better right now...AND I am saying your team is not one of them...Also, there isn't 1 fan of the team who said all along that they'd win it all....They'd be lying if they said that...Me personally, I didn't expect a winning record, but I was pleasantly surprised...So you're saying if they don't repeat (almost impossible in today's NFL) that they are a fraud? That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me...BUT this team should be able to win 10 games with their eyes closed right now...and don't BS me..if the Birds won the Bowl and we all said they were lucky, you'd be defending them as well...funny--you read what NFL writers say about the 2007 run and none say they were "Lucky"..only bitter jealous haters like this fanbase do...The Giants deserved to win the SB that night and luck has nothing to do with it...

you are so sexy when you get angry

you are so sexy when you get angry

I'm not angry, but you can sit on my face later...

:wub:

who is saying the Giants are the best team in the NFL? I'm not..In fact, I feel there are 5 teams better right now...AND I am saying your team is not one of them...Also, there isn't 1 fan of the team who said all along that they'd win it all....They'd be lying if they said that...Me personally, I didn't expect a winning record, but I was pleasantly surprised...So you're saying if they don't repeat (almost impossible in today's NFL) that they are a fraud? That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me...and don't BS me..if the Birds won the Bowl and we all said they were lucky, you'd be defending them as well...funny--you read what NFL writers say about the 2007 run and none say they were "Lucky"..only bitter jealous haters like this fanbase do...The Giants deserved to win the SB that night and luck has nothing to do with it...

Ok, let me try this a different way... in 2006 the Colts won because they were the better team over the Bears correct? The following offseason- some had them ranked as #1 and some had them #2 because NE added Moss. This past SB before the game started you can't name me 5 people including yourself who thought the Giants were a better team then the Pats. You may have had people who wanted to Giants to win because they HATED the Pats and the whole Spygate crap but never did anyone in their right mind think the Giants were an actual better team then the PATS. People didn't think it then and they sure don't now according to the NFL Writers that you referenced.

SPEAKING OF WHICH---------

Stop referring to writers (of all people) when trying to make a point. If anything, it discredits anything you're trying to prove. I mean, the highest I've seen you ranked is #6 and that was on ESPN. They have you ranked below Dallas whom you beat in DALLAS and they have the PATS who you beat in the SB as the #1 team. Either that's disrespect or people call it like they see it and don't believe a team that struggled until week 16 just to get a WC is all that legit (you pick)

I'm in no way Jealous or bitter about it one bit. At the end of the day I don't get paid from the Eagles Organization. I get paid from Fans like you that get all emotional because people have different opinions about their team than they do causing them to make ir-rash decisions/bets and I just take advantage of it monetarily.

If I can be real- I don't think it was all luck. I think you got lucky on a few plays (every teams needs it). The Asante drop and the Tyree catch all were luck along with Eli escaping the sack during the same play. Your pass rush was not luck at all because you lead the league in total sacks so that's why folks don't call your defense luck because it stayed consistent all season.

Ok, let me try this a different way... in 2006 the Colts won because they were the better team over the Bears correct? The following offseason- some had them ranked as #1 and some had them #2 because NE added Moss. This past SB before the game started you can't name me 5 people including yourself who thought the Giants were a better team then the Pats. You may have had people who wanted to Giants to win because they HATED the Pats and the whole Spygate crap but never did anyone in their right mind think the Giants were an actual better team then the PATS. People didn't think it then and they sure don't now according to the NFL Writers that you referenced.

SPEAKING OF WHICH---------

Stop referring to writers (of all people) when trying to make a point. If anything, it discredits anything you're trying to prove. I mean, the highest I've seen you ranked is #6 and that was on ESPN. They have you ranked below Dallas whom you beat in DALLAS and they have the PATS who you beat in the SB as the #1 team. Either that's disrespect or people call it like they see it and don't believe a team that struggled until week 16 just to get a WC is all that legit (you pick)

I'm in no way Jealous or bitter about it one bit. At the end of the day I don't get paid from the Eagles Organization. I get paid from Fans like you that get all emotional because people have different opinions about their team than they do causing them to make ir-rash decisions/bets and I just take advantage of it monetarily.

If I can be real- I don't think it was all luck. I think you got lucky on a few plays (every teams needs it). The Asante drop and the Tyree catch all were luck along with Eli escaping the sack during the same play. Your pass rush was not luck at all because you lead the league in total sacks so that's why folks don't call your defense luck because it stayed consistent all season.

the #6 ranking is not disrespect...I think it's accurate..Dallas is only ahead of us because they have more talent than anyone except San Diego...I personally feel Dallas is a better team right now because of the talent..how will it play out over 17 weeks is anyone's guess...No one except "certain" fanbases think the Giants are a fluke...Do I think this NYG team is good? Hell yes I do. Even better than the team that won the SB...will they make the playoffs IF HEALTHY? Hell yes--they should win a minimum of 10 games...Will they repeat? The odds are against them, BUT they are built to "be in the mix" for an extended period of time and in today's NFL, that's all you really ask for...you can quote me on this and flame me in 10 years if I'm wrong, but SB 42 is not going to be Eli Manning's last trip to a Super Bowl with this team...