Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hot Head Jake

Let's Stir the Pot a Little More

the #6 ranking is not disrespect...I think it's accurate..Dallas is only ahead of us because they have more talent than anyone except San Diego...I personally feel Dallas is a better team right now because of the talent..how will it play out over 17 weeks is anyone's guess...No one except "certain" fanbases think the Giants are a fluke...Do I think this NYG team is good? Hell yes I do. Even better than the team that won the SB...will they make the playoffs IF HEALTHY? Hell yes--they should win a minimum of 10 games...Will they repeat? The odds are against them, BUT they are built to "be in the mix" for an extended period of time and in today's NFL, that's all you really ask for...you can quote me on this and flame me in 10 years if I'm wrong, but SB 42 is not going to be Eli Manning's last trip to a Super Bowl with this team...

In 10 years I'll be 40 and probably won't be on here. You can have your opinion on Eli all day. I don't think he will just as I don't think Jason Campbell will either but what do I know.

I don't think the Giants are a fluke so I can't answer for these "Certain" fanbases that you talk of or in English terms "eagles fans".

#6 is not a disrespect to team like the Eagles who went 8-8 BUT............ To a Giant team with the greatest pass rush in history and Canton bound Eli Almighty led by the "Coughinator" aka "5 minutes early equals late" then it is disrespect. Especially when 2 teams you beat on the way to the "Greatest SB last minute drive ever by a QB" are both ranked higher than you.

In 10 years I'll be 40 and probably won't be on here. You can have your opinion on Eli all day. I don't think he will just as I don't think Jason Campbell will either but what do I know.

I don't think the Giants are a fluke so I can't answer for these "Certain" fanbases that you talk of or in English terms "eagles fans".

#6 is not a disrespect to team like the Eagles who went 8-8 BUT............ To a Giant team with the greatest pass rush in history and Canton bound Eli Almighty led by the "Coughinator" aka "5 minutes early equals late" then it is disrespect. Especially when 2 teams you beat on the way to the "Greatest SB last minute drive ever by a QB" are both ranked higher than you.

So then Eli and McNabb finish their careers with the same amount of trips to the Big Game, then?

No human with a working brain would think the Eagles are currently the 6th best team in the NFL...like I said, this list is more like a list of talent/popularity than it is anything else...As long as Brady and Peyton are playing at their current levels, their teams will always be 1 and 2...SD has more talent than anyone else..Dallas is very chic right now AND they possess world class talent...the only team I have an issue with is Jacksonville...that's it...

What will you have to do thats any better then this when your 40? Lol I know i'll probably still be posting when i'm in my 40's. It's not like it takes away much time from my day. 20-30 minutes a day mabye.

If the Giants lose Eli they are in some big trouble. David Carr will be no match for the teams in this division. Actually if im the Giants and i lose Manning i would put Woodson in over Carr.

You have to look at what team in the division can lose key players to injury and still be competitive. The Redskins and Eagles both lost their quarterbacks last year but the Redskins were still able to win against a brutal schedule. The Eagles came close to beating both Seattle and New England and are used to having to play without McNabb.

I don't know if the Giants or Cowboys would be able to win games if Manning or Romo goes down. David Carr has been hit more times then Troy Aikman and Brad Johnson is a fossil.

What will you have to do thats any better then this when your 40? Lol I know i'll probably still be posting when i'm in my 40's. It's not like it takes away much time from my day. 20-30 minutes a day mabye.

By that time, I would've been at 2 SB parades up in Philly and I'll feel that you all are beneath me, lol...

:thumbsup:

By that time, I would've been at 2 SB parades up in Philly and I'll feel that you all are beneath me, lol...

:lol:

you win a SB anytime soon and I'm a horse's a**....

If the Giants lose Eli they are in some big trouble. David Carr will be no match for the teams in this division. Actually if im the Giants and i lose Manning i would put Woodson in over Carr.

You have to look at what team in the division can lose key players to injury and still be competitive. The Redskins and Eagles both lost their quarterbacks last year but the Redskins were still able to win against a brutal schedule. The Eagles came close to beating both Seattle and New England and are used to having to play without McNabb.

I don't know if the Giants or Cowboys would be able to win games if Manning or Romo goes down. David Carr has been hit more times then Troy Aikman and Brad Johnson is a fossil.

I'm REALLY interested in what David Carr could do behind the Giants offensive line. It would be really interesting to see.

I'm REALLY interested in what David Carr could do behind the Giants offensive line. It would be really interesting to see.

He would probably be paranoid and jittery and get rid of the ball quickly because he expects 3 linemen to hit him at any second.

not me...I'd rather have Eli take every snap

you win a SB anytime soon and I'm a horse's a**....

I've been saying that for long time. Glad that you finally agree that you are, lol..

I've been saying that for long time. Glad that you finally agree that you are, lol..

If any NFC East team loses their starting QB they're in trouble...just different kind of trouble. The Giants don't have a proven backup (although I'm also interested in seeing what Carr does in the pre-season) and the Cowboys backup is too old. The Skins have Collins, but if Campbell goes down for the second year in a row, trouble will be brewing. As for the Eagles, if McNabb goes down again the Kolb era officially begins. I'm sure that would be bitter sweet for many die hard Eagles fans. 5 will never suit up again for Philly if he doesn't make it through 16 games.

Here's to a year of healthy QBs in the East. May the best team win.

If any NFC East team loses their starting QB they're in trouble...just different kind of trouble. The Giants don't have a proven backup (although I'm also interested in seeing what Carr does in the pre-season) and the Cowboys backup is too old. The Skins have Collins, but if Campbell goes down for the second year in a row, trouble will be brewing. As for the Eagles, if McNabb goes down again the Kolb era officially begins. I'm sure that would be bitter sweet for many die hard Eagles fans. 5 will never suit up again for Philly if he doesn't make it through 16 games.

Here's to a year of healthy QBs in the East. May the best team win.

Dallas is DONE if Romo goes down. I'm talking 5-11, 6-10, Brad Johnson was thowing 10-15 yard in routes last preseason and was having to put air under the ball just to get it there, and mobility wise he makes Drew Bledsoe look like Steve Young. I actually think the Skins and Eagles are ok without their 2 starters, 8-8, 9-7 and in the wildcard race, the Giants? I have no clue. I have always liked Carr and had wanted Dallas to bring him in a a backup, I guess I think they'd be ok too.

I guess the true question is, which happens first:

Eagles win a SB

Dallas wins a playoff game

All this creaming your pants over the Cowboys and they haven't won a playoff game since the 90s!

I guess the true question is, which happens first:

Eagles win a SB

Dallas wins a playoff game

All this creaming your pants over the Cowboys and they haven't won a playoff game since the 90s!

honestly, Dallas will win the playoff game 1st....the other occurrence probably won't ever happen...

:whistle:

not me...I'd rather have Eli take every snap

I do too, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if the Giants could win with Carr. A superbowl? Probably not but I have faith that if Eli went down they wouldn't miss the playoffs. Carr has never been in a position like he is in now with the Giants. If he gets in, he'll usually have all day to throw just like Eli usually does. The Giants line is very, very good and thats been the missing piece in Carr's career so far.

honestly, Dallas will win the playoff game 1st....the other occurrence probably won't ever happen...

:whistle:

Says the guy who sacrificed lambs for 6 wins

This Giants team reminds me of the Steelers team that won the super bowl a few years ago. Good team that has a great Defense that got hot at the right time. I don't see a repeat for them but wouldn't be completely shocked if it happened.

Everyone complaining about people saying Dallas has one of the most talented rosters in football is a hater. They do have one of the best rosters in the NFL. Their weakest spot last year the 3rd CB (Reeves) who essentially gave away first downs. If a team got to third down, they threw to Reeves. Which is why I never understood why they released Glenn. They said he couldn't play ST, but I digress. That shouldn't happen this year even if Jones isn't reinstated because Jenkins should be way better than Reeves. If Jones is reinstated than the Cowboys will have one of the better CB units in the NFL with 4 potential starters.

Roy Williams is under a ton of fire and is working extremely hard this off season. Does that mean he'll be better ... no. But if they keep him out of obvious passing situations and he doesn't have to worry about a terrible CB to cover for then he should be alright. He did have the second most tackles last year and Wade said that he didn't give up one long pass last year. I'm not sure if that's true, it doesn't sound like it, but he would know better than I.

Receiver seems to be another major point, but they're returning with the same unit as last year and they fared well. TO is getting older, but he's physically in great shape and Whiten is still a beast. Crayton is better suited for the slot with his ability to find the soft spot and sit down and hopefully that'll work out if Glenn returns. If he doesn't then I guess they'll have to settle for the exact same offense as last year, which fared very well. Well, except for replacing the underachiever Jones with a dynamic rookie Jones. Who can return and catch out of the backfield, and hey I know he's a rookie but he can't give them less the Julius did.

So basically last years week points - 3rd CB, Julius Jones, Roy Williams and WR(although this one didn't seem to be a prob.)

The Cowboys answered all these in the off season. Got Adam Jones and Mike Jenkins, replaced Jones with Jones, Roy Williams has a new coach who he thrived under early in his career and will have the benefit of better CB coverage, and lastly Glenn coming back from injury (if he does, if not they'll still be ok).

This Giants team reminds me of the Steelers team that won the super bowl a few years ago. Good team that has a great Defense that got hot at the right time. I don't see a repeat for them but wouldn't be completely shocked if it happened.

Everyone complaining about people saying Dallas has one of the most talented rosters in football is a hater. They do have one of the best rosters in the NFL. Their weakest spot last year the 3rd CB (Reeves) who essentially gave away first downs. If a team got to third down, they threw to Reeves. Which is why I never understood why they released Glenn. They said he couldn't play ST, but I digress. That shouldn't happen this year even if Jones isn't reinstated because Jenkins should be way better than Reeves. If Jones is reinstated than the Cowboys will have one of the better CB units in the NFL with 4 potential starters.

Roy Williams is under a ton of fire and is working extremely hard this off season. Does that mean he'll be better ... no. But if they keep him out of obvious passing situations and he doesn't have to worry about a terrible CB to cover for then he should be alright. He did have the second most tackles last year and Wade said that he didn't give up one long pass last year. I'm not sure if that's true, it doesn't sound like it, but he would know better than I.

Receiver seems to be another major point, but they're returning with the same unit as last year and they fared well. TO is getting older, but he's physically in great shape and Whiten is still a beast. Crayton is better suited for the slot with his ability to find the soft spot and sit down and hopefully that'll work out if Glenn returns. If he doesn't then I guess they'll have to settle for the exact same offense as last year, which fared very well. Well, except for replacing the underachiever Jones with a dynamic rookie Jones. Who can return and catch out of the backfield, and hey I know he's a rookie but he can't give them less the Julius did.

So basically last years week points - 3rd CB, Julius Jones, Roy Williams and WR(although this one didn't seem to be a prob.)

The Cowboys answered all these in the off season. Got Adam Jones and Mike Jenkins, replaced Jones with Jones, Roy Williams has a new coach who he thrived under early in his career and will have the benefit of better CB coverage, and lastly Glenn coming back from injury (if he does, if not they'll still be ok).

I agree with you for the most part, especially in regards to CB, I think Roy Williams is done though

Yeah, he's really gonna have to show up big this year. It just doesn't make sense to keep a guy on the roster that you pay that much money to who can't play in passing situations.

Yeah, he's really gonna have to show up big this year. It just doesn't make sense to keep a guy on the roster that you pay that much money to who can't play in passing situations.

yeah, and from what I understand he either can't or will not learn the f'n defense, when i heard that I lost all use for the guy. I think this is his last year here in Dallas, the cap hit becomes much more palatable after this year.

i'm not talking ish, I think the Giants and Eagles are gonna be legit this year too, but I really like what the cowboys have done. 3rd Corner killed us last year, go look at the Pats game, they attacked Reeves, look at the Giants drive before the half in the playoff game, 2 passes against Reeves and a 15 yard penalty on Reeves, the guy stunk, and I can't see where Jenkins, Jones or that Scandrek kid we got in the 4th are not an upgrade. Akin Adoye at MLB, in a position where plays are funneled to you could only muster 51 tackles and was too slow to cover, Zach Thomas will improve that, and he has Kevin Burnett backing him up, who is pretty darn good, JJ gave us next to nothing last year, Felix Jones "should" be better, that and when you take into account that last year was our first year in a new offense and defense, I think we could see a little improvement there with everyone just knowing the schemes better. I also think Tank Johnson is going to me a monster this year, I saw an interview with Demarcus Ware, and he said Tank is going to rip it up this year.

I know there are a good amount of "if's" up there, as there are with most teams, but I think Dallas has some real promise

USA today had the Giants ranked 2nd rankings... just saying.

It makes the season really fun but its not right for the NFL to offer so many crappy divisions and a couple of stacked ones.

you just said the same thing everbody else has said. I still think it's too early to make predictions. Personally i'm waiting until training camp.

Yup... But I agree with a previous post, we need to place the Giants and Cowboys ahead of us until we prove we can win again (Paraphrasing...). MY HANDS ARE BURNING FROM TYPING THAT...