Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason1978

Vince Young almost retired after rookie season

That would've really sucked for the Titans even though alot of backups could post simular/better passing numbers than Vince Young including maybe his own washed up backup, Kerry Collins. 9td/17int is not going to cut it. He has helped the Titans to the playoffs but much like Vick, if he truly wants to improve as a QB he needs to focus more on his passing. Vick never did, he was too cocky and impatient to do so. His feet will never win them a SB, especially not in the AFC in the same division as Jax and Indy.

Tennessee's Young almost retired after rookie season

Vince Young is known for escaping pressure. The Tennessee Titans quarterback almost took that to extremes. The 2006 Rookie of the Year told NFL.com in an interview posted yesterday that he considered retirement after his first season.

"I really thought long and hard about it," Young told the Web site. "There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things. My teammates helped lift me out of it. I prayed really hard. And I began to focus on God's calling for me. Play football. Be a role model."

Young was installed as the Titans starter in Week 4 of his rookie season and led Tennessee to an 8-8 record. The Titans barely missed the playoffs, but Young was named to the Pro Bowl. Last season, the Titans did make the playoffs, but Young threw all nine of the team's touchdown passes for the fewest of any team in the league. Still, he learned to live with the pressure of being an NFL quarterback.

Source: Baltimore Sun

Yeah, I saw that one, too. I'm glad he kept playing, the kid is fun to watch.

Stats are sometimes a little bit overrated, he did have 9 TDs, 17 INTs, but he also brought a very bad franchise to the playoffs. The kid is a winner and the bottom line is winning football games.

SO WHAT............... and who cares. :unsure: Does he have anything to do with the Eagles?

Yeah, I saw that one, too. I'm glad he kept playing, the kid is fun to watch.

Stats are sometimes a little bit overrated, he did have 9 TDs, 17 INTs, but he also brought a very bad franchise to the playoffs. The kid is a winner and the bottom line is winning football games.

Maybe a couple of down years pretty recently, but never thought of them as a bad franchise.

I really don't see what all the hype about Vince Young is. He's a poor man's Michael Vick...great scrambling ability, and inaccurate cannon for an arm, and unbelievable hype. The only thing that sets this guy apart is his moxy and other intangibles he possesses. He's an average to below average QB IMHO.

SO WHAT............... and who cares. :unsure: Does he have anything to do with the Eagles?

no, he doesn't.. but neither does anything under the title "Around the NFL".. check what topic you're under before you post..

I really don't see what all the hype about Vince Young is. He's a poor man's Michael Vick...great scrambling ability, and inaccurate cannon for an arm, and unbelievable hype. The only thing that sets this guy apart is his moxy and other intangibles he possesses. He's an average to below average QB IMHO.

i agree.. however, he practically is their offense.. so for that, i give him credit..

the only reason they make the playoffs is because the colts and jags wrap up the season by week 12 and sit their starters giving way for the titans to make head way.. oh, and the texans are the texans.. heh..

... led Tennessee to an 8-8 record. The Titans barely missed the playoffs...

When a 10-6 team doesn't make the playoffs, 8-8 is hardly what I'd call "barely missed".

no, he doesn't.. but neither does anything under the title "Around the NFL".. check what topic you're under before you post..

LOL true

When a 10-6 team doesn't make the playoffs, 8-8 is hardly what I'd call "barely missed".

Not sure what I was writing there. I do remember how overhyped Young was after going 6-1 late and the team finished 8-8. A MAJOR part of that 2006 success was the 1200 yards from Travis Henry.

As for the 10-6 season last year, LenDale White and Chris Brown combined for almost 1600 yards and were a MAJOR part to their success but that duo pretty much went overlooked and Young got the credit.

Vince Young can be exciting but gets way too overhyped like Vick, who also had one of the best and overlooked running games in the NFL around him too.

Young and Vick's numbers are VERY simular after 30 career games:

Young: 17-13 record, 21td/30int, 10 rushing td, 20 fumbles, sacked 50 times, 0-1 in playoffs

Vick: 18-11 record, 24td/16int, 10rushing td, 23 fumbles. sacked 59 times, 1-1 in playoffs

Not sure what I was writing there. I do remember how overhyped Young was after going 6-1 late and the team finished 8-8. A MAJOR part of that 2006 success was the 1200 yards from Travis Henry.

As for the 10-6 season last year, LenDale White and Chris Brown combined for almost 1600 yards and were a MAJOR part to their success but that duo pretty much went overlooked and Young got the credit.

Vince Young can be exciting but gets way too overhyped like Vick, who also had one of the best and overlooked running games in the NFL around him too.

Young and Vick's numbers are VERY simular after 30 career games:

Young: 17-13 record, 21td/30int, 10 rushing td, 20 fumbles, sacked 50 times, 0-1 in playoffs

Vick: 18-11 record, 24td/16int, 10rushing td, 23 fumbles. sacked 59 times, 1-1 in playoffs

Young has way more int's.

Spot on and for once we agree and im with you on the below average.