Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lloyd

Injured Jeff Otah has not participated in ANY team drills

I think he needs to have an impact this year for the trade to be profitable for the Panthers.

They dropped two first rounders on him.

If they didn't take him this year they could've gotten another contributer, taken a chance on a lower round tackle and still gone for the Franchise tackle next year.

For it to add up logically for Carolina he needs to be an immediate starter.

Here's the part I dont get about people hyping the Panthers this year. The offensive line has 2 guys that juts broke the lineup, 2 guys that switched positions, and 1 rookie whos off to a slow start.

In the BEST case scenario, 4 out 5 of these moves work out and the chemistry happens by mid season.

The the d-Line had all of 23 sacks last year and its top sacker, Rucker with 5.5, retired.

Isnt this supposed to be the team that wins at the LOS?

They havent won anything since 2003. Weren't people calling Jordan Gross a bust last season?

I think he needs to have an impact this year for the trade to be profitable for the Panthers.

They dropped two first rounders on him.

If they didn't take him this year they could've gotten another contributer, taken a chance on a lower round tackle and still gone for the Franchise tackle next year.

For it to add up logically for Carolina he needs to be an immediate starter.

:huh: no they didn't.

They took Jon Stewart with their first rounder and then traded back into the 1st round with us by giving up their 1 next year and a 2nd, among other things.

I agree 100% though- Otah has to have a solid season this year and I think he will.. but I don't think he's going to be the next superstar OT

He's going to surprise alot of people- like it was stated earlier, it's not a huge shock that someone who is the same size as a small mountain tweaks an ankle once in a while.

I think the trade was great for us more so than them, simply because we stocked up for the future and a 1st round pick is a lot to lose...but I think in 5 years, the Panthers will be allright with having given it up to get this guy...and I would love to think we'd be more than happy with that pick we got from them

I just don't see the guy as an NFL left tackle. He'll be a great RT. But that's the thing... I don't think it's worth giving up a 2nd, 4th, and future 1st for a RT.

I don't get it either. I think they top out at 8 wins. I haven't looked at their schedule. Is is easy?

well, it is the NFCS. tampa's the only legitimate power there until NO can prove that 06 wasnt a fluke. i think a healthy delhomme gets them to at least .500.

It was a horrible move to move up for a healthy Jeff Otah, this only makes it worse. I'm still in shock the Panthers gave up so much for him.

I don't think it's fair to judge Otah because of his high ankle sprain, the guy is considered a solid prospect.

But yeah, the Panthers effectively gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 4th for a right tackle.

Here's the part I dont get about people hyping the Panthers this year. The offensive line has 2 guys that juts broke the lineup, 2 guys that switched positions, and 1 rookie whos off to a slow start.

In the BEST case scenario, 4 out 5 of these moves work out and the chemistry happens by mid season.

The the d-Line had all of 23 sacks last year and its top sacker, Rucker with 5.5, retired.

Isnt this supposed to be the team that wins at the LOS?

Their DL has major question marks. Only one DT on their roster was an NFL starter last year. They have a major question mark at one of the DE spots, without much depth at the position.

Their returning sack leader had 3.5 sacks last year, from a situational position where he could come in fresh on passing downs. Now the same guy will be expected to start after being a backup most of his career.

l don't know where their pass rush is going to come from.

:huh: no they didn't.

They took Jon Stewart with their first rounder and then traded back into the 1st round with us by giving up their 1 next year and a 2nd, among other things.

I agree 100% though- Otah has to have a solid season this year and I think he will.. but I don't think he's going to be the next superstar OT

Details, details...

duh, of course, my mistake.

If Otah starts 16 games this season, you can't say it was a bad move (unless he really sucks).

If he doesn't see the field at all, it wasn't wise to spend two 1st rounders on him.

They didnt spend 2 first rounders on him.

They spent a 2009 first, a 2008 second, and a 2008 fourth.

We did make out very well in this trade...but we didnt stick it to them as hard as some people seem to think.

They kind of spent two 1sts on him. They spend an 09 1st, 08 2nd, and 08 4th to acquire our 08 1st. They then used that 1st to acquire Otah. So the one they actually used to pick him, PLUS the one they used to get the chance to pick him does make it two 1sts, lol.

That is a bit of a stretch though... :roll: